What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blue cheese aka Stilton indoor grow

Chrondiddle O

Veteran
That ammo is a squirter let me tell you..

Attachments

• 2015-11-01 16.38.31.jpg
    2015-11-01 16.38.31.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 17

Big-Narstie

That ammo is a squirter let me tell you..

Lol way with words.. Yes she is a saucy mare! She's urs when u ready! I've come up with the conclusion that girls don't come... Ones that do either is scared of the dark or just plain fukin lazy lol

Been cleaning up the commonwealth lately like a true badass! If u come across any bobble heads hit me up on me pipboy! Or find me at the memory den!

Chrondiddle O

Veteran
Last week on hashchurch Samskunkman was in the sidechat and responding to peoples questions so I thought I'd ask him about the uk cheese and what side of the skunk family he thought it represented.I was pretty sure the cheese is what many refer to as 'roadkill skunk' rather than the sweet skunk selections he admits he prefers and that he chose to concentrate on because so many growers of the early worked skunk#1 complained that the extreme stench of the 'roadkill' phenotypes constituted a security issue.He confirmed that the uk cheese is a roadkill expression of skunk#1,and a pretty good one at that.
I tried asking if he was familiar with psychosis but I didn't get an answer unfortunately as by then several others had clocked that he was responding and had started asking questions of their own.It was an interesting discussion about mould/mildew and that he feels it only affects wide/broad leaf drugtypes rather than the narrow leafed drugtypes we nowadays tend to call sativas.
Anyway.I just wanted to post somewhere vaguely related to cheese and I thought here was good enough,and it may remind BN to collect this bloody glue sample before I end up rosining it,lol.

HAZE FIEND

yeah I get those lime tones as well.. well but also bubblegum candy orangey...I'm not the best at descriptions.. Im good with words so my descriptions sound accurate, but really, I just talk a good game... I guess candy and paint stripper is my best assess ;)

anyway I totally agree about her new terp profile being awesome.. if you save any wet trim for hash you save some of that.. this is one of the few herb I swear doesnt improve over a long cure.. I reckon shes peaking at about 2 weeks.. I like her loud and screaming in my face! :D
i have 1 pheno of moonshine haze thats pure tropicaly n citrusy n creamy n kinda lemon n limey n tangy like tropical amnesia n another from same pack of beans that was a more sickly sweet bubblebum amnesia haze pheno thats really fruity n sweet n slightly haze spicey that people say remind em of bluberry baby poo haze n blu baby sick haze n wierd intense smell descriptions lol there both very nice n much loved tho n glad i got a good representation of 2 good amnesia phenos by what u both say.. love the thread bro keep it green peace n buds :biggrin:

HAZE FIEND

Tell a lie jus stuck me face in a full jar of ammo n itis slightly orangey got to admit so it basically has the full citrus aromas.. Stoney days!

yeah I get those lime tones as well.. well but also bubblegum candy orangey...I'm not the best at descriptions.. Im good with words so my descriptions sound accurate, but really, I just talk a good game... I guess candy and paint stripper is my best assess ;)

anyway I totally agree about her new terp profile being awesome.. if you save any wet trim for hash you save some of that.. this is one of the few herb I swear doesnt improve over a long cure.. I reckon shes peaking at about 2 weeks.. I like her loud and screaming in my face! :D
i have 1 pheno of moonshine haze thats pure tropicaly n citrusy n creamy n kinda lemon n limey n tangy like tropical amnesia n another from same pack of beans that was a more sickly sweet bubblebum amnesia haze pheno thats really fruity n sweet n slightly haze spicey that people say remind em of bluberry baby poo haze n blu baby sick haze n wierd intense smell descriptions lol there both very nice n much loved tho n glad i got a good representation of 2 good amnesia phenos by what u both say.. love the thread bro keep it green peace n buds :biggrin:

Big-Narstie

Are you a wine connesouir by any chance? Lol

Sounds interesting them mate!

Thank you and I'll b doing another thread in the coming week:tiphat:

Peas and pods!

oldbean

Last week on hashchurch Samskunkman was in the sidechat and responding to peoples questions so I thought I'd ask him about the uk cheese and what side of the skunk family he thought it represented.I was pretty sure the cheese is what many refer to as 'roadkill skunk' rather than the sweet skunk selections he admits he prefers and that he chose to concentrate on because so many growers of the early worked skunk#1 complained that the extreme stench of the 'roadkill' phenotypes constituted a security issue.He confirmed that the uk cheese is a roadkill expression of skunk#1,and a pretty good one at that.
I tried asking if he was familiar with psychosis but I didn't get an answer unfortunately as by then several others had clocked that he was responding and had started asking questions of their own.It was an interesting discussion about mould/mildew and that he feels it only affects wide/broad leaf drugtypes rather than the narrow leafed drugtypes we nowadays tend to call sativas.
Anyway.I just wanted to post somewhere vaguely related to cheese and I thought here was good enough,and it may remind BN to collect this bloody glue sample before I end up rosining it,lol.

Ola

Shame you never got an answer on psychosis, I suspect it is a skunk kush/Afghani hybrid...

Awesome that you got an answer for him on UK cheese being a rks pheno, shame he isn't so open to answering such questions here. Oh well:tiphat:

The Stilton looks good, I had the cut but she didn't survive an attack of thrips followed by root aphids which I think came with the cut but don't know for sure, the attack was enough to kill off blue Magoo & stilton:moon:

Peace

Big-Narstie

Quick question for those who have used it.. I'm using Aqua vega/Flores in NFT and its dying the spredder mat a dark red colour.. I understand that Aqua nutes contain humic acids and other products I've used ie, GreenMyst has the same deep red colour to it but at first I wasn't worried as it was just a spot where the solution hits tray from delivery pump but now it's completely covered top tray and I'm seeing the plants are not 100% happy now.

Just thought I'd asked incase anyone has seen this b4 n know it's not an issue and the issue with my plants is from other reasons.

Any NFT gurus like to chime in plz...
Thank you

hazyfontazy

Veteran
Quick question for those who have used it.. I'm using Aqua vega/Flores in NFT and its dying the spredder mat a dark red colour.. I understand that Aqua nutes contain humic acids and other products I've used ie, GreenMyst has the same deep red colour to it but at first I wasn't worried as it was just a spot where the solution hits tray from delivery pump but now it's completely covered top tray and I'm seeing the plants are not 100% happy now.

Just thought I'd asked incase anyone has seen this b4 n know it's not an issue and the issue with my plants is from other reasons.

Any NFT gurus like to chime in plz...
Thank you

i had the same when using aqua ,,never a problem ..in fact some of the best i ever grew ..smells great too

yts farmer

Veteran
I used to use canna aqua back in the day and can say that in roughly 3 years running nft I never experienced that myself or heard of anybody else having similar problems.

Although this was roughly 15 years ago who knows if they have tweaked the recipe a bit in the last 12 years.

Peace.

Big-Narstie

i had the same when using aqua ,,never a problem ..in fact some of the best i ever grew ..smells great too

Hi mate so you had the spreader mat dye but u had no issues? I like the aqua in nft very stable IMO.

Thanks man.

I used to use canna aqua back in the day and can say that in roughly 3 years running nft I never experienced that myself or heard of anybody else having similar problems.

Although this was roughly 15 years ago who knows if they have tweaked the recipe a bit in the last 12 years.

Peace.

You never had the mat dye? Was canna Aqua available 15 yr ago?? If so did it contain humic then?

I think the issues I'm seeing was due to temp drastically changing(weather) and battling low humidity.. Things have improved since after a tank change, adding a humidifier and adding oxy plus in res.. Even bleached the Mat lol.

Many thanks lads... Chat to you later :tiphat:

yts farmer

Veteran
Dont think canna aqua has been available for 15 years but its not far off.

Think my first few grows i was using gh neuts but then canna released aqua and marketed it for recirculating systems and was a universal formula for hard and soft water and yes it had added humic acid even back then.

Back then the water i was using was 0.7-0.8 ec from tap so was very hard water, things used to run smoothly until mid flower then i would get loads of deficiency showing up but ph was always a pain as i would start at ph 5.5 and by next day ph would be about 6.3-6.4. So was adding loads of ph down daily.

With the aqua it just seemed like i w as fighting fires alll the time and it didnt help at the time that coco was really taking off and the hassle free grows that members were putting up convinced me to pack the nft tables away and g o down a different route.

Peace.

hazyfontazy

Veteran
Dont think canna aqua has been

With the aqua it just seemed like i w as fighting fires alll the time and it didnt help at the time that coco was really taking off and the hassle free grows that members were putting up convinced me to pack the nft tables away and g o down a different route.

Peace.

aqua was complete opposite for me ,,i'd already been in coco since 94 and prior to that used nft with gh 3 ,purely for speed and yield ,taste was crap compared to coco ,,when aqua came out i gave the tanks a rerun to see if the aqua was any good ,,aqua produced some of the finest tasting weed i ever done ...

the matt always tinged red ,,mainly due to the fact part A is Red (funnily so is house and gardens coco part a and it smells the same)

a few things i learned was to use lots of air snakes in the tank and to flush every week with plain water using the same amount as in the tank and then refresh nutes ...

if you have the newer style hydrogarden tanks with the x pattern on top tray then put a tee on the end of the delivery tube ,this gives a better delivery ,,we did advise hydrogarden of this but not sure they ever implemented it

great nute and great system :)

Big-Narstie

I'm finding Aqua tobe very stable and I'm using tap water .7-.8ec

Hazy I have the new trays and have already upgraded with T fittings. I sat cubes on tile spacers and have the tanks propped up pump end for better drainage as I noticed that the tray pooled in the middle right hand side.

I have 1air stone per tank that's all.. I'm liking the systems so far I just wasn't expecting the extra stretchy growth lol damn the purple kush looks like GSC in them lol.

Hazy did u use any additives or anything else on top of the aqua?

Thanks chap!

hazyfontazy

Veteran

pic was from 2006,,so aqua nutes would've come out probably in 2005

just added rhizo and pk ...
one tip was to veg the cuts into 4" cubes off the tank ,,i used to wrap cube in sandwich bag cut holes in for drainage ,this allowed roots to stay inside bag and not die ,,once roots are plenty(few days ) put them on tank and straight into flower,no need for veg on tank and cuts down stretch,slow trickle till roots start filling tray then increase flow accordingly.

Last edited:

Big-Narstie

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=59728&pictureid=1668211&med=1]View Image[/url]

pic was from 2006,,so aqua nutes would've come out probably in 2005

just added rhizo and pk ...
one tip was to veg the cuts into 4" cubes off the tank ,,i used to wrap cube in sandwich bag cut holes in for drainage ,this allowed roots to stay inside bag and not die ,,once roots are plenty(few days ) put them on tank and straight into flower,no need for veg on tank and cuts down stretch,slow trickle till roots start filling tray then increase flow accordingly.

I can't see your pic mate I can see the link in ur quote but no pic :(

Yes great advice on the pre veg before adding to tray as I made that mistake myself I added clones just as roots were showing out of 4" cubes... Took them a week to adjust.

No veg?? I've got 2 X 424 gro tanks 3 X clones in each housed in a 1.2 X 1.2 tent, vegged under 400w lumatek MH and now under 600w gavita HPS. I wanted decent veg to fill tent just switched to 12/12 so we'll see if I've messed up in next few week lol, I've scrogged the plants as best as I could using support nets and have 2 X nets about scrog net so plenty of support

So would u recommend no veg with 4 X clones per 1.2 m2 tent??