What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

blue cheese 12/12 from seed oxypot style

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
seriously scrogger why would you wanna reduce root mass, the bigger the roots the bigger the yield :)

dont use cannazyme i have it but never used it, i think as long as the roots are kept healthy and given plenty of oxygen then they can survive most things, 1 thing i always use right through my grows is rhizotonic i swear by that stuff :)

both plants are now cut up into buds, i have 4 cardboard boxes worth of bud drying :)

really suprised how the whole 12/12 thing from seed turned out for me i was a bit skeptical at the start but im happy with the result in the end,i think every 1 should give it a go at some point in their growing span :)

peace

Scrogerman

Veteran
seriously scrogger why would you wanna reduce root mass, the bigger the roots the bigger the yield :)

dont use cannazyme i have it but never used it, i think as long as the roots are kept healthy and given plenty of oxygen then they can survive most things, 1 thing i always use right through my grows is rhizotonic i swear by that stuff :)

both plants are now cut up into buds, i have 4 cardboard boxes worth of bud drying :)

really suprised how the whole 12/12 thing from seed turned out for me i was a bit skeptical at the start but im happy with the result in the end,i think every 1 should give it a go at some point in their growing span :)

peace

Right, get on this bro, Ive done DWC with & without Cannazyme man. Ive filled a 70 Tote res to the point that the roots from 2 plants were nearly coming out the top, honestly. I could see that O2 was being restricted by all the roots & no where near the same flow rate(O2), then theres the back pressure on the Pump caused by all the roots swampping the Airstones, this makes the pump get Hot & in turn blow warm air straight into ya Res man. just 2 points in favour of using a Zyme product. I get the same yield with or without the Cannazyme approximatly bro, infact i was getting 1/2 Oz more with the stuff & around 60% less root Mass. A better flow of O2 & less back pressure on my Pump, helping to keep it cool. More Roots doesnt nessesarily mean more yield in these respects when using DWC bro, thats why i thought id mention my obs man!
Im just about to set my tote back up at a new spot,with my little m2 ScrOG & 2-4 plants in it again. Got the cannazyme for those very reasons, & i got the rhizo, but if id of had the cash id of bought the Roots Excelerator from H&G. Im expecting 15+Oz maybe more in 12 week flat from my 400w, aint failed yet man. Good luck Bruv! ;)

Scrogerman

Veteran
Its a real bugger, because i should be able to show you the Pics from my last DWC tote Rig with the BB Chiesel but my boy thought it would be a wind up to delete all my pics from my last 3 grows,(he was 9 or 10) at the time) the little bugger, any one that knows me n him will tell ya what he's like, makes me laugh that one. I had it all documented too & was gonna post them all in diary, but all i have left are my harvest Chiesel shots(Curing Jar Shots) & a load on a broken phone i cant get switched on, even with a new battery in it, Gutted! So this time ill make sure i back them up. Good Luck mate!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
cheers for the input fella something for me to refer back to if i get stuck :)

what you planning on growing out in the dwc??

Scrogerman

Veteran
lol, usefull i thought too.
I was gonna run some UKCheese but i changed my mind(I think,-i have the cut) & think im gonna run a couple of Swisscheese pheno's i like the look of, 2 stood out,out of 8 or so, got them for outdoor but these 2 little things stood out & stunk, so i cloned them, im curious to see how thet'll perform in DWC indoor. They are high mold resistant & look like they Scrog very well, Good Structure etc, there's some in the bubblecloner atm, should be interesting, an indoor Vs outdoor comparison-lol!. White Rhino was in the hat too but another day i think.(I'll be running the Cheese though just now too)
Take it Easy man!........Scroger!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
these buds are still drying a few of the smaller buds are now smokeable :)

i had 1 of my guys come round last night and gave them a sample :joint: and proper packed it out(he had been smoking barnesy farm lsd all week) he got about 1/4 of the way through and had to sit down i thought he was gonna :faint: lmfao :) full credit to him though for finishing the whole dutchy, i dont think he did much after he left mine, gotta love the cheese :smokey:

ill post my weights up soon

peace

Scrogerman

Veteran
hahahha class, yeah that pic ya posted of that little Nug sure looked killa man, defo gotta love the BCheese. Good Luck Bud!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
ANYBODY FANCY CHESSE AND BISCUITS :)

250720101935.jpg

250720101931.jpg

250720101940.jpg

250720101937.jpg

250720101936.jpg

peace

Scrogerman

Veteran
LOL, looks nice n sticky man. What was the weight after, did i miss that bit? Enjoy your Harvest bro! This Buddha Automatic i got looks like it'll be done first, id say around another 3 weeks, bloody frosty stuff & clearly ahead of everything else, cant bloody wait, some decent puff at last. Like the Pics man" haha!

Greenfingered

Il take you up on the cheese n biscuits Skotty :)

So will you be going back to autos or are you gonna go with regular strains for your next grow?

Good to see the results with the led lights man, pity you couldnt share over at thc :(3

Peace

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Sure I'll have a go at a couple of those biscuits and cheeese.

haha ive ran outta biscuits ;)

well done dude

Did u get any beans from them? (auto x)

didnt have any males around to produce a cross with so it was a no go this time around, but if any show up in my current grow i will be pasting his man fat around :)

Il take you up on the cheese n biscuits Skotty

So will you be going back to autos or are you gonna go with regular strains for your next grow?

Good to see the results with the led lights man, pity you couldnt share over at thc :(3

Peace

im back on autos for my current grow untill the colder weather comes as the warm weather is playing havoc with my dwc, ive got some mi5's and an il diavolo on the go my diary is in my sig :)
its more of a practice run and a mess about grow before i break out the serious seeds ;)

as for the lights yeah i did say they were good for percy growers and the proof is definatley in the pudding im looking forward to seeing what they can do on a complete veg to harvest grow,

as for my dry weights ive been so busy with work and sorting out my next seed run, most of the stilton is now gone (to my mates ) and it weighed in at just over 3 oz dry 94g

94g x £10 a gram ill let you boyz do the maths, it would of easily covered the cost of the light in its 1st outting so its all good, happy dayz ;)

last of my bud

280720101963.jpg

280720101962.jpg

280720101961.jpg

cheers all for dropping in

*puff*
*pass*

peace

uptosumpn

Veteran
WOW! Skotty, they look tasty my friend.! well done...just about ready to buy my DWC supplies and heard you & Scorgerman talk about air pumps and air stones....well whatta ya think about these...? http://discount-hydro.com/productdisp.php?pid=548&navid=8
And these for pumps.....
http://cheaphydroponics.com/store/view-all/sunleaves-durapump-air-950gph/prod_500.html
planning on runing 8-12 oxy pots under a 600hps and know the importance of bubbles/oxygen....also, since you guys are more experienced in DWC, do I have the right stuff?? AquaShield & Hygrozyme? Anything else you can recommend as far roots go? Gonna use AN Conno A&B flowering nutes and FF GrowBig for hydro....as well as FF open sesame, beastie bloomz, and cha-ching supplements...may add bud candy for carbs/taste

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
WOW! Skotty, they look tasty my friend.! well done...just about ready to buy my DWC supplies and heard you & Scorgerman talk about air pumps and air stones....well whatta ya think about these...? http://discount-hydro.com/productdisp.php?pid=548&navid=8
And these for pumps.....
http://cheaphydroponics.com/store/view-all/sunleaves-durapump-air-950gph/prod_500.html
planning on runing 8-12 oxy pots under a 600hps and know the importance of bubbles/oxygen....also, since you guys are more experienced in DWC, do I have the right stuff?? AquaShield & Hygrozyme? Anything else you can recommend as far roots go? Gonna use AN Conno A&B flowering nutes and FF GrowBig for hydro....as well as FF open sesame, beastie bloomz, and cha-ching supplements...may add bud candy for carbs/taste

from what i can gather them stones might be to small i myself have just ordered 6" x 2" airstones for each bucket and have also ordered a 60ltr per minute air pump to run just 3 buckets

that air pump you showed might be on the noisy side of things but if sound isnt an issue then by all means go for it

running 12 buckets for a 1st grow at dwc is a bit much in my honest opinion, id start off with maybe 2 and then work your way up to more as you get more used to what you have to do :)

on the mention of nutrients you wanna try and aim for nutes that are for hydro thats not to say you cant go organic but hydro nutes work better and will also ph balance out you water to the correct levels

you will need

veg nutes
flower nutes
a good root stimulator (rhizotonic, excelurator)
maybe some bloom nutes (not always needed)
and pk 13/14 or hammerhead

the rest is all about personal preference

i myself have chosen carboload and overdrive for my next growing endeavours

im sure scroggerman will be here to share his knowledge on what works for him :)

hope this helps

peace

Scrogerman

Veteran
Ahh Haa, Hey Guys!
First piece of Advice is stay away from adding most Organics to your Res if your running DWC, they can cause problems unless your very well versed in the art(alot can go wrong).
Hygrozyme is another example, good in soil though i must say! There are several things you need to do to run Hygro safely or theres a good chance your gonna get slimed with Brown Algae(Very Bad Shit), & we dont want any poo like that in our lovely Clean Res! Its been said that innoculating with Beneficials works,if you innoculate before you use it, but their website just says use from the start in a clean enviroment & thats it. But its dodgy in DWC & steps may need to be taken as preventatives
Honestly, if your a newer DWC'er then my best Advice would be to Run something simple like good old Ionic to start with, its great stuff & ill keep using cause i get fantastuic results with it, it works wonderfully with OXY+(a hydrogen peroxide product) & towards the End a little Canna PK, the Ionic Boost can be used from the earlier weeks of bloom(edit) If you aint gonna run a chiller this is the best advice u can give you bro, OXY+(Hydrogen Peroxide) has a whole wealth of Benefits, Including Res Sterilisation, Better/Faster Nutrient Uptake, leading to Thicker Stems, Darker Healthier Leaves & in general it kicks ass!, believe me, Just remember to not get carried away with it & use too much(easy to do) start on 2/3rds strength or something & build it up,(i just think its better for the plants, sorta breakin them in).
If you use OXY+(or a similar product) you get complete Res protection from pathogens giving you pretty much total protection. Its handy when your struggling with Res temps for sure. Just Use this with your A+B or Single package(like Ionic) Nutes, maybe with a little Superthrive in between using the OXY+(i use it for 2 on 2 off 3 on, & then switch timing), & then not forgetting the PK at the End and believe me its the Simplist, easyiest feed regime ive ever seen, that gives Buds like Babys arm's on Steds lol. I do like to switch to Vitalink Max Nutes after initial (first 3 weeks) irrigations with the Ionic meself.
I see Heath Robinson uses very similar Nutes to myself & have you seen his Trees, Fk me, there massive man! Biggest Buds ive seen on such sa hybrid or any for that matter(check out his new Chiesel grow).
Ill have to check out the bits youve linked but just consider that keeping things simple untill you master it is gonna nail down success for you, & with the bits i listed there. youll bve shocked what simple can do in DWC, its Magic! Keep It Simple Man & Good Luck!

Scrogerman

Veteran
This one &/or(2 different pheno's & Scrogs) two plant Scrog was grown out using the Exact regieme i mentioned above. it was a 250w sst+ HPS & yielded massive, at between 1.2-1.4 gpw. Keep it simple & you will be rewarded. Start sticking allsorts of addy's in ya res that you know not much about & your gonna have issues.
A+B Canna &or the one Part Ionic, a little Superthrive some PK & some OXY+ & just watch what they do! Good Luck man! heres the Pics,: Nivarna ICE'

Rhizo should be just fine, but remember you cant go using Organic addys if your gonna use OXY+, the Hydrogen peroxide will just destroy anything organic!(by breaking it down) But a great product to have in ones arsenal & after a while im sure youll thank me for putting you onto it, i swear by the stuff!

uptosumpn

Veteran
WOW! THANKS TO BOTH OF YOU GUYS!!! GREAT INFO, FOR REAL!!!! I already have the Conno A&B, as well as Superthrive.....I'm gonna get the Oxy+, Canna pk 13/14, Overdrive?? and Rhizotonic,<but I do have some greenfuse root stimulator now...used it on my soil grow...BUT I do get what your sayin scrogerman, as to NOT use organics with the Oxy+....So how does my list of goodies look now?
Oh, BTW Skotty, so your sayin those oxy stones are no good?? jus get 6" x 2" air stones? Can you reccommend a powerful, yet quiet air pump.?<[remember, i'm tryin to run 8-10 pots] And this is not my "complete first time" venturing into dwc....I ran two 18gal, 6 site bubblers couple of years ago<jus was't around to finish it...Reg. strains @ day 68 of veg...mini trees..lol

You guys will be a great help when I start! Def. thinkin about 10 buckets growing AUTOS, of course!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
see to different nutrient setups where as scrogger swears by oxy plus (h2o2) im dead against it, the only time i ue h202 is when i clean down my hydro exuipment after use, if you have enough bubbles in your res you will be fine with oxygen levels :)

what scrogger didnt mention about oxy+ is that it will not mix with every nutrient on the market so you gotta be carefull with what you mix it with otherwise it will cause a dirty smelly res it can also kill off any beneficial bacteria that are keeping your roots healthy as it sterlises everything in your res (be carefull with that product )

if your gonna run a lot of buckets your gonna need a decent pump i can name a fw for you

air-tech
medo
hi-blow
hailea v series

basically its a pump that is used to run in koi ponds but the size depends on how much oxygen you want in your buckets.
im not syaing 6"x2" airstones are what you need, im saying these are what i have chossen for my needs, depending on the size of your res will depend on the size of your stones

i use 20ltr buckets and when my stones arrive with my pump it will be like a jacuzzi in there for the plants roots :) and you want stones that put out micro bubbles, if you are in the usa have a look at the boss hog micropore stones (there what you want )

hope this helps

peace

memphis man

see to different nutrient setups where as scrogger swears by oxy plus (h2o2) im dead against it, the only time i ue h202 is when i clean down my hydro exuipment after use, if you have enough bubbles in your res you will be fine with oxygen levels :)

what scrogger didnt mention about oxy+ is that it will not mix with every nutrient on the market so you gotta be carefull with what you mix it with otherwise it will cause a dirty smelly res it can also kill off any beneficial bacteria that are keeping your roots healthy as it sterlises everything in your res (be carefull with that product )

if your gonna run a lot of buckets your gonna need a decent pump i can name a fw for you

air-tech
medo
hi-blow
hailea v series

basically its a pump that is used to run in koi ponds but the size depends on how much oxygen you want in your buckets.
im not syaing 6"x2" airstones are what you need, im saying these are what i have chossen for my needs, depending on the size of your res will depend on the size of your stones

i use 20ltr buckets and when my stones arrive with my pump it will be like a jacuzzi in there for the plants roots :) and you want stones that put out micro bubbles, if you are in the usa have a look at the boss hog micropore stones (there what you want )

hope this helps

peace
mad props skotty very nice grow