What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

blue cheese 12/12 from seed oxypot style

Scrogerman

Veteran
Theres a Few Fella I'm into the New Dual Diaphram From Advanced Hydroponics( Dam i Swore lol) Its specially made for Hydro & ive seen it on EBay for £46, trouble is its in the States & they want $40 shipping, still around £80 (or under) shipped to your door is pretty good for what it is, its a real nice pump, 4 outlets built in & 20litres per minute. I recommend you check the decebel rating on the pump you decide on buying. Theres the V-series, i think its a hailea V20 i like, as its only 40 db (decibels) very quite for what it is, ive seen those on the net for under £30, i would buy both depending on budget. I was running the old Kam-Air 70, which runs 70 litres of air p/m at 0 meters but only 40 lpm at 2 meters, so if you got a run of airline of that length your losing nearly half the output. That V series are for Koi ponds but they'll work great in hydro too, you'll just need to ask the supplier for the fittings for fishtanks(multiples), muti-way Manifolds(so you can fit a number of lines to it), & for airstones i want the micropore stones, but they cost a bomb at £15 each, ive seen them for £10, but the large disc type 4 or 5" id prolloy get if i was running RDWC pots or OXY's. The V series comes in different models, V20, V30, V40, V60 etc etc, i think you can even get a V120, but the db rating is gonna be high, the v20 is perfect for me at 40 db's. waffling this morning. There is more too but have a look at those, ill pm you a link if you cant find it, but a search should help ya out. Good Luck matey!
Peace.......Scroger!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
right just to give you the heads up heres what im looking at

secoh
airtech
kamair
medo
hiblow
haliea v series
bladgron (think i spelled that right)
and reno airstones 2 in each bucket

ive seen pumps which are supersilent around 32-35 db pumping out 60 ltrs per minute im gonna be running 3 buckets so im gonna need more than 4 outlets if im gonna be putting 2 stones in each res so thats a 6 way manifold ive seen you can get manifolds with taps which lock airflow out of the unused ports.

im not shipping from the usa as its a pain in the arse as you have to pay tax aswell so its gonna be a pump thats in the uk

cheers

Scrogerman

Veteran
There all the top ones on the market, or seem to be, watch the airtech ones, growell sell them, my mate has got one, used it once & its fucked & they wont replace it, fker's.
the higher rated AT Pump is quiter & has a lower 'db' rating, sometimes its hard to find the db ratings but its the best advise i could give ya man, get a quite one, shows quality too. Kam Air, are ok ive run those myself & relitively quite for what they are, bloody hell they shift the air think there made by the same company as the airtec but i aint sure.
Which pump are you seeing rated at 32 db's at 60ltm, thats impressive bro? the blagdon one?, i was looking at those but they look cheap made, plastic etc. but if they are quite and do the biz i might bite the bullet & buy one.

The Rena airstones are a ripoff for what they are, 5" & cost a bomb, if ya try to link them together they fall apart. ok you can wash them inside & out but for the money i wasnt impressed at all, but they ok i suppose, ive used them myself, loads of them, always end up throwing them away(please dont do that), i got a short fuse lol. if i was you id be going for the flat round disc type, & try to find micro pore if you can. those discs fit perfect in my mates RDWC pots, does the business bro.
Ill prolly cheap skate it again this time as im skint, and end up with cheapo airstones again. but i really want the micropore ones, they are the ones bro, they kick it.

Back to pumps. have you looked at the piston driven pumps as apposed to diaphram? ive had oil leaking into my res from diaphram pumps before now, so when ya get one, run it on full for a few days, see if anything comes up the lines, it might do but dont worry about that, never hurt my plants, just thought id mention it bro.
Theose piston pumps are v-high output but im not 100% on the db rating & theres no oil either, so thats another consideration. All the pumps youve named would be fine, but for the money id be looking at the V-series, but im still interested in what youve said about the higher 60lpm at 32 dbs or whatever it was, low anyway. let us know please buddy!
anyway enough waffling. Cheers man!

Scrogerman

Veteran
Oh yeah you can buy a 12 or 15 way manifold for about 10-15 nicker, depends whether its chrome or plastic finish. just goota make sure you get the rubber fitting so you can connect the manifold, or you'll be messing with little jubilee's & pieces of hose, a pita. Good Luck Buddy! if you wanna pm me, anytime bro! ;)

Oh yeah for 3 x 16ltre(or is it 25ltre your running?) pots a 40lpm pump is ample bro, but more is cool, especially if you wanna add more pots in the future. 60 is loads, it'll be raging lol! Them little Rena Airstones will struggle with a 60lpm output, they aint designed for that much. ;) Maybe try to find the micropore high output discs, ive found flat-oblong shaped H'O ones but not discs yet but im sure youll find them somewhere"! Think Micro Bubbles & High output for stones & you wont go far wrong, even if your wallet does, they'll be worth it!Good Luck.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
the pump im looking at was the hi blo 1 on ebay does 60 ltrs and costs £49.95 super silent as well and comes in a 50 watt flavour or a 35 watt flavour :)

are them reno stones really that bad im running 1 at the minute in 1 of my res's and the bubbles are small which is what you want you got me thinking now scroggerman im gonna have to search out some micropore airstones then

cheers 4 the heads up

Scrogerman

Veteran
Honestly mate, when you get your pump try running them with it & have a look at ther bubbles, they wont be small anymore, they have a rating too bro. Micropore H'O discs you want ;) for pots. Or Think about running a Tote (70 ltre) like me & stick 2-4 plants in it. you can get the big long micro pore H'O Stone/s then to go inside, DIY totes can just as easily be made into Re-circ DWC to, and can be linked to more if you wanted in the future, i like the pots but they too small for my liking & they fill right up with roots, totes are better imo, stay cooler too, plenty of pro's as apposed to cons compared to the pot systems!

Scrogerman

Veteran
I had some wicked pics of my tote with 3 different grows, Ice,whiteberry,Chiesel & my boy deleted them, thought it would be funny, the little shit, he loves to wind me up. hes a sharp as a razor that one, he was 9 or 10 at the time, im still pissed about it now, lol.

Scrogerman

Veteran
i'll have to have a look at the hi blo spec, that pump is a new one on me i think so thanksa very much, its great we're all here to help one another, lov it man! Thanks for that, could be what ive been looking for, i'll let you know! Cheers! ;)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
no worries mate info is free and i love sharing what i have learnt with others so they can learn from my mistakes :)

doing multiple plants in 1 res or with 1 res does not appeal to me i like to have full control over single plants then if anything goes wrong i only have to worry about that res and plant,where in a 1 res system if something goes wrong all the plants may suffer :)
its not like im a full comercial grower i just grow for percy use and try and keep it simples.
1 res system is ideal for clones where the plants all came from the same mother and will all require the same nutes but growing 1 type of plant which may contain different phenos in 1 res sounds like to much work for me and you have to spend time finding a happy ec for all your plants.
also i like trying different nutrient forumlas on my plants this couldnt be achieved in a 1 res system

im looking into these bigger airstones now is their any particular make i should be looking for cheers scrogger

peace

Scrogerman

Veteran
Yeah your right, the only Downfall to running multiple plants together, especially if you want to recirc to help cooling etc. i am tempted to run 2 50-70 litre totes, 2 plants in each but i cant re-circ that, that would mean 4 res's for for 4 plants, waste of space & time. Saying that ive run the 70 litre tote with 2 plants(same pheno's) in mid summer & never had a res temp problem, i can imagine it being a much bigger problem in Pots like 16-25 ltr but like you said you can run multiple strains & pheno's, Pro's & Con's. For me i prefer Totes my Buddys Pots. they both work well, its whatever floats ya boat, as long as it works well then its cool. I can tell ya one thing ive found, donrt know if ive mentioned it before, but running a dedicated fan like a PC Fan on your external pumps works wonders as the root mass gets bigger & causes back presure making the pump hot. Keeping the Pump cool defo helps to keep the res cooler. It works very well & for me its a great cooling aid, almost as good as having a chiller, not quite though. Anyway High output Airstones, i cant think of the make but the ones i was looking at were flat almost like 4mm thick & 75mm x 300mm wide & long respectively, i think their made for large salt water aquariums, extreamly micro pored & give tiny bubbles, you can barly see them, i can imagine the D.O content would shoot right up & O2 would dissolve much more effectively. Ive been thinking about adding a Powerhead to my Tote to add flow to the solution too, & improve surface area contact - water to oxygen, this would improve D.O again & i could see a major benefit/improvement. & i use OXY+, gotta love that stuff & the benefits in warmer weather, well its just stops any pathogens full stop & the plants go F'in Nuts with growth. Ill go have a search for ya now man! be back in a bit!

Scrogerman

Veteran
These ones i wanna run the Boss-Hog Micro Pore Diffuser, but they are rediculiously overpriced, but i suppose they'll last forever. am i gonna get in trouble for posting links to them, shit, see if i can copy a pic.

Scrogerman

Veteran
Active Aqua's flat round airstones would fit perfect in your pots, matches the shape real good & personally id be running those, but really you need a H'O version & micropore, they might be micro pore but im not sure on the HO. ill keep looking.
You know what they might be the ones for pots bro, there defo micro pore & designed for hydro. ActiveAqua is the Brand name!

The larger 8.5" look quality made too with quality fittings! What the diameter of your Pots bro? if they fit id go for those maybe. £14 aprox, dear but look like they'll last forever.

Scrogerman

Veteran
Yeah ive looked & the best ones for the pots are the Disc type, hailea do them but they aint cheap either, 10-15 quid depending on where you buy ,x3, bloody hell. Im in the same boat & i cant afford the micropore this time but i will be getting them for my next run, definately, it'll be my first buy, a Boss Hogg which is a dual stick type M/P or ill get singles & run 4 - 6 per tote. The 6" High Oxy air stones are better than the Rena's and will set you back about 6-9 quid each, the next best thing to Micropore, im not sure if they are Micro but they look the business too. some of the M/P stones for large aquariums are bloody hella expensive, so i think its about finding a sound alternative, like the High Oxy's which i think the Discs are.
I'll be checking these out from time to time, ill have to wait as im skint & ill be getting the round ceramic cheapo's for now at about £2 each. Good Luck with your search buddy!

Let me know what you find bro & ill do the same, later buddy! ;)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
its really hard to find micropore airstones in the uk as they are all listed in usa hydro shops.

i have come across these things called air rings and air curtains though which look the tits.

the air ring is basically a ring with like 4 airstones on it so instead of having 1 stone blowing bubbles you have 4 sitting on this ring bubbling away on the bottom of your res and it just has 1 air intake feed.

im sure if you google it you will see what i mean

also the japenese airstones they produce very fine aereation so im considering some of them aswell

Scrogerman

Veteran
yeah they are out there, if i find some ill pm ya man. The disc type ones my mate uses in his pots, i think there 8" diameter & cost him about £10 each if i remember rightly. ill keep my eyes out for ya. Good Luck Skotty! ;)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 81 from seed

ok guys today is the day 1 of my plants faces the chop :)

its the weakest 1 out of my 2 plants and its the 1 that had the cannaboost, i had so much hope for this plant as she was the finest looking 1 out of the 2 at the start of the grow,not that im biased i love all my plants :)

over the course of the grow i did encounter some high res temps 1 day i recorded 80 degress in their but she pulled through

how much you reckon she will yield???

heres some pics of her

her root mass

200720101890.jpg

her trim

200720101891.jpg

and finally the lady in question

200720101884.jpg

200720101886.jpg

200720101888.jpg

200720101889.jpg

peace

bun1

Nice skotty, it's hard to tell from pics but I would say you'll get about 3.0oz's .

Do I win a prize if I get it right.lol:)

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
day 82 from seed

cheers for the input guys

today my 2nd plant is facing the chop :)

my grow space seems so empty now without the bitches filling it up :(

next step for me is to clean down all my oxypots ready for the next ho's wooohooo

her root mass

210720101899.jpg

her trim

210720101900.jpg

and the dirty little wench in question :)

210720101898.jpg

210720101895.jpg

210720101897.jpg

210720101894.jpg

peace

Scrogerman

Veteran
Looking Good there man, 12/12 from seed, id say youve done well man, nice job bro!
Root mass filled them pots up good ah. If you ever want to reduce root mass a bit for whatever reason, a zyme product like Cannazyme works real good, did you use one this run skotty at all? Did you use anything to help prevent rot etc? 80f can cause probs for sure!
Id say around 5-6 ozcar total 2-2.5 ish on the first & 2.5-3ish on the second. imo thats pretty good 12/12 straight from seed bra. looks can be decieving though, be interesting to hear the weigh-in result. What you expecting man?
Good Show anyway mate! On with the next! Good Luck!
Peace.....Scroger! ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts