What's new

Blowfish F2s from Three Little Birds Recently Popped

Crazy Chester

I completely disagree

trash those hermie genetics AT ALL COSTS. bunk breeds bunk..... you can't turn shit into gold.... and on and on.

Now "if" that one female proves to not have any intersex traits, a proper reversal with STS is light years better than any hermie action pollinating.

I have 2 packs of original Dutch Flowers Blowfish F1 in the freezer , there are 23 seeds between the two packs. I also have 28 seeds of Blowfish F2 made by a former member here back 6 or so years ago that dropped them for the Gypsy Nirvana server fund on the old seedbay.
Blowfish is not lost to time, I will be doing some major breeding work with it over the winter.
Wait - you have two packs of Dutch Flowers F1s - didn't they let out less than a dozen packs?!

Tynehead Tom

I have no idea how many packs were released I wasn't online when these were fresh in the community.
A few years ago I was gifted a small collection of "valuable" genetics with the agreement that I would do seed increases to preserve the lines and send fresh stock back to the gal who gifted me the packs. Blowfish was one of those and the vial they came in is labelled Dutch Flowers, Blowfish F1 , Breeder originals.
When I pop them I will be happy to share the grow here somewhere. It will be a major project when it goes down.

Crazy Chester

I have no idea how many packs were released I wasn't online when these were fresh in the community.
A few years ago I was gifted a small collection of "valuable" genetics with the agreement that I would do seed increases to preserve the lines and send fresh stock back to the gal who gifted me the packs. Blowfish was one of those and the vial they came in is labelled Dutch Flowers, Blowfish F1 , Breeder originals.
When I pop them I will be happy to share the grow here somewhere. It will be a major project when it goes down.
Maybe they are the "tester" packs I heard Dutch Flowers sent to a few people before the public release of Blowfish - someone mentioned that in a 2006 Icmag thread. Good luck with the seeds - I'll be following that grow for sure!

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club

that is some great news…thanks for sharing the info and much success on your preservation project

i recently received some BSHW seeds which I thought were extinct but apparently ndnguy had some and passed them around

last person I knew that had BSHW was Danbo out in California

Crazy Chester

I decided to pick the balls off the three that went hermi and made it a daily practice - just to see how they finish with their female parts. Meanwhile, I still have copies of all four in the mom/pop room. At some point, I will flower them all again - maybe they'll decide to pick a sex - being older and more mature.

De-balled Blowfish 3 is budding up fast:

BF 3 (5.20.24).jpg

Here's a group shot:

BF Group (5.20.24).jpg

Blowfish 1 is still only showing female parts - but not too many of them - compared to the others, she's barely flowering. I may have to wait until after daylight hours peak at the equinox to get buds on this one:

BF 1 (5.20.24).jpg

I'll be up-potting Blowfish 1 soon.

The big development - no berry here - the hermies smell like jasmine, which was one of the phenos Three Little Birds worked with when they made the F2s.

Tynehead Tom - when you do your Blowfish project - my Blowfish 1 would be happy to meet any males you may find.

Last edited:

Tynehead Tom

Interesting.....
when I smoked this stuff on that trip she called it Fugu and that she held the clone for years and got the seeds at the same time as getting the clone. This a 70+ year old Oregon coast hippie gal that is my friend's aunt. I remember because when she handed me the seeds I looked at the label and it didn't say Fugu on it, it said Blowfish. When I asked about that she said they were the same thing but the clone was called Fugu.

I'm not very savvy on the history strains and breeders who came to be between 2000 and 2015. I joined the internet of weed at the end of 2015 and didn't grow between 2005 and 2015 either. I suppose finding that these are quite rare surprises me but it also gives me some motivation to grow them and seed increase the beans I do have here. They are well stored at -18C so this winter I will get to poppin them

JetLife175

Veteran
Interesting.....
when I smoked this stuff on that trip she called it Fugu and that she held the clone for years and got the seeds at the same time as getting the clone. This a 70+ year old Oregon coast hippie gal that is my friend's aunt. I remember because when she handed me the seeds I looked at the label and it didn't say Fugu on it, it said Blowfish. When I asked about that she said they were the same thing but the clone was called Fugu.

I'm not very savvy on the history strains and breeders who came to be between 2000 and 2015. I joined the internet of weed at the end of 2015 and didn't grow between 2005 and 2015 either. I suppose finding that these are quite rare surprises me but it also gives me some motivation to grow them and seed increase the beans I do have here. They are well stored at -18C so this winter I will get to poppin them
Fugu is a blowfish hybrid. It's bubba kush x blowfish.

There was a clone floating around of it for a while in certain circles.

You may have actual blowfish seeds or a hybrid. Either way both lines have been highly coveted.

I believe hazeman or motarebel made the fugu kush. Maybe a collab. I remember them being involved somehow.

Tynehead Tom

The other seeds of Blowfish I have are F2's that were made by former icmag member beanz who used to drop at the old seedbay for the server fundraisers. Not sure where he sourced the seeds he used but they came to me labelled Blowfish F2. I don't think he dropped them in the Gypsy Nirvana Fundraiser but I know he handed some healthy packs out to a select few here privately. Between the two seed lots I have 51 seeds so should be more than ample to find some decent plants to work with.
I'll be sure to drop in when I start popping them