What's new

Bloombastic vs Blossom Builder

RetroGrow

Veteran
Here's the thing,, all of these companies are not labeling exactly what isin the products, so we cannot do true processes of elimination on them..
Guaranteed analysis is a complete joke..

True. You cannot go by what is listed on the label. They have other ingredients that they try to keep "secret" so others can't copy exactly. Just like Canna Boost does not list triacontanol as an ingredient, although we know it's in there. "Trade secrets".........
One thing for certain: Bloombastic increases the amount of extract by a factor of about two times.
The "opinions" of people who have never tried it are meaningless.
I go by what I see, and what many others have seen and measured. These are not amateurs. They are seasoned growers who do side by sides. The naysayers don't need to buy it, even though it is really very inexpensive, due to the tiny amounts used. It's about half price on Ebay, which makes it a real bargain.

papaduc

Veteran
There are certain amounts at which point an agent has a physiological effect. If you read the literature on humic or fulvic acid for example, or triacontanol, there are amounts at which point a certain result is achieved. Below that and the effect would be negligible, if there was one at all.

When people make claims of doubling an output of anything, you have to be skeptical to say the least.

Again, for the sake of argument, if bloombastic did have an effect on a physiological level based on some secret ingredient which couldn't be sourced anywhere else, it would be by a matter of percent.

For anyone to claim it gives you a 100% increase in extractable resin makes it very likely any tests or side by sides they did were fundamentally flawed.

Sorry, but Boost does contain triacontanol, which is derived from alfalfa meal. They don't want you to know this, as you can make it yourself very cheaply. It's nothing new really, but they add other stuff, mainly carbohydrates, to "create" their own "unique" (and very expensive) blend. So basically you could make your own and mix in molasses, and you have "Boost"

Same thing applies here.

Last edited:

RetroGrow

Veteran
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,
blah, blah, blah, blah,

You NEVER TRIED IT.....so.....STFU!
Your opinion is worth less than nothing.
Your compulsion to troll?
Priceless!

papaduc

Veteran
Like I say, I agree with you about triacontanol and boost products such as bloombastic. You can make them yourself very cheaply.

...but does it have electrolytes?

...It's what the plants crave.

And FWIW I think the Lucas and GH KISS feeding schedules make an inferior product. I'm sure I'll get flamed for days for saying it but side by side I see better performance out of the schedule on the back of the bottles than either of those ones.

As an aside, did you know that many seaweed and marine algae extracts have hormones in them that slow flower development? Picking the right trace supplement is easier said than done. I've heard of mixing your own with... triacontinol? I think it was? But I'm not confident in my abilities to mix my own fertilizers yet. That's on the to-do list.

Last edited: