What's new

Bloody Marvellous News!

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Not sure how I missed this one...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]i don't know how i missed this either.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Congratulations Gypsy and family!:comfort:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...and a thank you to your solicitor/lawyer for their good works.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]when the smoke finally clears...:smoke out:
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]be well.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

G.O. Joe

Veteran
I was charged with buying and selling cannabis seeds - internationally - and that's not a crime in the UK - So they could not extradite me stateside for it - and eventually have realized that it is futile trying to bring this Brit to what they call American Justice -

What about peyote seed? If it's legal there, it doesn't make sense that UK seed banks selling to the US never expanded to peyote hybrids, although I suppose they're a bit more felonious here than pot.

If you ever had arrived here, no doubt there would have been a guy in a DEA jacket for the front page perp walk photo like they did El Chapo, but the point wasn't bringing anyone here, it was making things shitty while still serving as a warning to others, even though everyone knew this outcome was inevitable.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Within the first 10 days of my arrest and detention in 2013 - the USA with the aid of the Philippino Bureau of Immigration tried to illegally render me out of Manila and onto an L.A. bound plane - without due process of law - so they must have known back then that they might have problems nabbing my arse - unless they went about it illegally -

Everyone didn't think this outcome would be inevitable - They tried to keep me tied up in detention in Manila - fearing that deportation would not only distance me 8,000 miles away from my family - but would also lead to being arrested and extradited from the UK - to the USA - I felt like I was in detention limbo between a rock and a hard place - for years - and even after they allowed me to deport from Manila-UK - the USA waited 8 months before they sent the British police around to my door - with an extradition warrant - in November 2016 - the case I fought and won first in the Magistrates Court and then the appeal in the High Courts of Justice - in March 2018 -

Quite honestly I was shocked and surprised by the recent news from my lawyers telling me that the USA is going to drop any charges against me -

If you ever had arrived here, no doubt there would have been a guy in a DEA jacket for the front page perp walk photo like they did El Chapo, but the point wasn't bringing anyone here, it was making things shitty while still serving as a warning to others, even though everyone knew this outcome was inevitable.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
All long time members know your details you know - yes it was a surprise you made it to the UK, but it was inevitable after a few years of being under British control, because there is precedent for not doing such extraditions.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, I missed this because of the title used lol. Congrats Gypsy, you can relax and grow some weed again :D

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Good news Gypsy, I'm very glad to hear it...:tiphat:

If you're ever in the US and decide to visit the beautiful hills of Arkansas, be sure to let me know...
We even have a very nice guest bedroom...

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
My public defender in the USA sat down at some legal rotary club dinner a while back with the prosecutor in my case - and managed to have a chat with him - and he said that it was the agents who worked my case that didn't want to give it up and dismiss it - But I guess thats been sorted out now - after all its the prosecutors choice whether to prosecute or dismiss - not the agents -

Still - I don't think its right that the USA can cause someone so much trouble - then just say 'Oh - never mind - we dropped the charges' - After years of detention, stress, much cost and loss of family life -

*Thanks Bud - I did visit Hot Springs and Malvern once-upon-a-time - lovely area.

All long time members know your details you know - yes it was a surprise you made it to the UK, but it was inevitable after a few years of being under British control, because there is precedent for not doing such extraditions.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My public defender in the USA sat down at some legal rotary club dinner a while back with the prosecutor in my case - and managed to have a chat with him - and he said that it was the agents who worked my case that didn't want to give it up and dismiss it - But I guess thats been sorted out now - after all its the prosecutors choice whether to prosecute or dismiss - not the agents -

Still - I don't think its right that the USA can cause someone so much trouble - then just say 'Oh - never mind - we dropped the charges' - After years of detention, stress, much cost and loss of family life -

*Thanks Bud - I did visit Hot Springs and Malvern once-upon-a-time - lovely area.

I would say your human rights were severely violated and would contact a relevant lawyer,,,,,s2:tiphat:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Most excellent news, Gypsy! I hope you get to bring the Boo back soon. I am in the middle of making seeds right now, and I'd like to donate a portion to you for the server fund, or for freebies, or whatever. I owe a tremendous debt of gratitude to you for giving Overgrow refugees a shore to wash up on. You are a legend, mate.

I look forward to your book, by the way... If you aren't writing it yet, you need to get started! Your story is just as good as Howard Marks' story if not better.

kaochiu

Veteran
A legit international case won for cannabis is always something to congratulate, so, first of all, congratulations. I don't want to bring the herijuana to the party, but they already fucked you up royally. Both your detention and subsequent legal periplus, the price paid has been dear enough, and still only now are holding the legal pitbulls back in the cage, presumably with their fat bills payed. As we say in Spain, "the evil is done", so they can celebrate too, perhaps eating some raw baby panda's hearts while chanting to the fallen angel. Great news that it's all over, but greater news would be to give you back these last years.
They can't, but hopefully you'll have good forthcoming times that make up for it, karma like.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Gypsy, your story is one of the great legendary one's in the history of cannabis legaliazaiton.

Thank You........ :good:....for fighting the good fight !!!

:respect:

RMS

:smoweed:

I just found this tread and I agree with Mr. Squid and am glad to see a great outcome. The story is a very good read. The US prosecutor said some good things too about Mr. Nirvana regarding good business practices. He should consider quoting them as endorsements on his website someday. :biggrin:

Edit: I just read about the PI incarceration and the BS the American feds pulled. In no way do I think they were in the right. They did say Gypsy_Nirvana had a good business however.

Last edited:

eyes

Veteran
INCREDIBLE NEWS, INDEED. Sitting and waiting for vindication for a legal debacle predicated on false pretenses, definately puts one on pins and needles. I can only imagine what you had to endure and countless nights of unrest due to the ambiguity of it all. Only you could understand how difficult times are/were as you waited for some news to an ending. GLAD THE NEWS HAS COME YOUR WAY. Wishing you the best for you and your family.

Hoypare.

Panik and I had a cup of coffee and some biccies with Gypsy yesterday,very good news indeed and I loved the United States Of America V Gypsy Nirvana,and Gyp won :woohoo::tiphat::biggrin:
picture.php

View image in gallery

E

ESTERCHASER

federal govt in the united states is the new cosa nostra dude, they do whatever they want, If you ever feel like doing it i believe you do have grounds to have them held accountable, but who wants that attention after all the bullchit you went thru, lmao when i tell kids i used to be put in jail over a gram of weed they laugh.....little do they know

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- yeah - best let bye-gone's be by-gone's - and carry on - I have a family to consider - and it does look like the USA is slowly coming round to the full acceptance and legality of cannabis anyway -

3 years after the feds made this now defunct case against me - in 2016 - Maine legalized cannabis - I guess that helped -

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
- yeah - best let bye-gone's be by-gone's - and carry on - I have a family to consider - and it does look like the USA is slowly coming round to the full acceptance and legality of cannabis anyway -

3 years after the feds made this now defunct case against me - in 2016 - Maine legalized cannabis - I guess that helped -

Sad thing is, TWENTY years before 2016 the states had our first state to go medical! Twenty fukn years, and they still fighting today.
Of course, here in the states, we need to start thinking about what's gonna happen when feds reschedule. It's not automatic that this will be a good thing. It's not even automatic that the fed government would NOT harass someone from another country just cuz it's legal.
Bottom line, you punched them right in the fukn face, I hope you can get some enjoyment out of that at least!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts