What's new

Blimey's Ghetto Perpetual

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Hey Buffoonman, thanks!

The camera did all the work....it has an impressive array of options and modes....I'll have to see if I can borrow it more often, until I can get a better cam for myself.

Yes_I_Am

ive got 2 sputnik x deepchunk, 2 gp24, 3 bridget neilson, 2 bridget fonda, soe ww x bj and i cant remebr the rest lol, great thread blimey im glad i joined, you do so well with the limited room you are a genuis bro a pure genious. youd be running the country if you didnt focus that brain on bean making, im now gonna germ some cali o x mex sat after seeing your pics. glad you live so near bro, ;-) otherwise id never be able to grow all these wonderful strains.

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Hey there, Yes_I_Am...thanks for dropping in.

The Nelly Cheese is still stretching.....not darkening up as much as some plants, but this might be related to the absolute plague of spider mites that have descended on it. Like a red rag to a bull.

picture.php

In more natural colour.....the Nelly Cheese on the right, back left is an Afghani x NL F1, and just in front of that is a Northern Chunk.

picture.php

All I can smell in the tent at the moment is chicken manure pellets.....the stench they give off as they break down is well potent.

Good luck with those plants....feel free to throw up any pics as they get bigger....especially the Bridgets or the BJ #1 x WW, as I haven't got around to any of those myself :D

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ive found the mites like the cheese and the blueberry best - they've got taste :D

looking good, with the chicken manure a little goes a long way - its pretty strong and you need to watch out for residual N in late flower. i remember seeing a grow where a guy just had little pinches of manure pellets at the sides of the pot and he just watered them when the plant started looking hungry. seemed to work well.

im smoking some cherry bomb, nice functional high but good potency for that kind of thing. havent smoked any of the purple pistil pheno yet - that one was more cherry smelling.

cheers

VG

VG

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Thanks for the heads-up on the chicken manure.....I may have overdone it a bit....we shall see....although it's nice to see lots of plants with really lush dark green leaves...

The cherry bomb sounds like an ideal aperatif before that heavy-duty main course of chems and diesels you've got coming up.....be strong ;)

Yes_I_Am

i hyave been looking for the cheery ak47 phenotype for a while ive never tried cherry flavour weed or grape, these are tastes id like to experience at some point.

blimey you really know how to rock the shit out of the pep growing boi, +respect

i use blood fish n bone meal in my soil mix, it can be potenet for sure.

ive been experienceing a couple of leaves folding length ways, i dunno whats causeing it, i add moillassas and the only thind i can think is pk overdose, but im dumbfounded, no burn just folding leaves, right along the finger of the leaf

daoboxer

Hiya Yes I Am,

with respect to the folding leaves....if you fold one does it snap? i.e. Are they brittle? This is a classic symptom of PK overdose, in my experience.

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Yes_I_Am....do you mean like "the claw"? Difficult to say without a pic. Some plants seem to wig out a little with the leaves when you give them anything to eat. Also, molasses can cause a few problems with gumming up the top level of soil if you overdo it.

Daoboxer.....the V1 is a seed from an accidental pollination in the grow of AFOAF. Genetics unknown, name by me :D

Let me grab a pic....the leaf shape reminds me somewhat of a White Widow, but I honestly have no idea what it is. Just showed some pistils a couple of days ago.

picture.php

While I had the camera out.....Nelly Cheese......you can see the seeded buds on the right hand side.

picture.php

And a Deep Chunk....just waiting for some preflowers.

picture.php

daoboxer

Hiya mate.
Hows it hangin'?
The Nelly Furtado is looking like it's gonna be a good'un....bit of frosting already. And she looks pretty preggers with a nice bunch of seeds. How much stretch are you expecting?
Yeah the V1 looks good. Nice dark green foliage, and yeah I agree it does look similar to the WWs I've seen grown too.... Is it just me who doesn't like the taste of WW? There's not many cultivars about which I can say 'I don't like that', but WW is definately one of them. Kind of menthol isn't it...?
Mind you, in my present, budless, situation I wouldn't turn me nose up at a nug! Come on Black Diesel.....is she really gonna go 70+ days....? Hope not, but looking likely!
What are you burning today, just to make me jealous?!
Easy bro.

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Aloha!

Everything is fine.....my arthritis is giving me merry hell......and the site isn't letting me upload any pix at the moment....but just a temporary annoyance, I'm sure.

The Nelly Cheese is very frosty.....excellent calyx to leaf ratio....and stinky as hell...lemon solventy smell...not the ponk I was imagining. She seems to have stopped stretching...from freshly rooted clone to about 10 inches. She's seeded to buggery....I only dusted two buds on one side with one male flowers worth of pollen....but all the buds look well seeded.

I haven't smoked much White Widow....got one fem out my Nirvana pack...which was mentholly...apart from that just stuff in the Dam about a decade ago....which didn't impress....in fact the only decent thing I smoked on that trip was the Kali Mist at the Bluebird.

Not smoking anything today, but recently had some Chunky Cheese.....very nice indeed..plenty of poke and nice long duration on the high....put it in to reveg.

Got a little growshow coming up.....put 6 Cherryjuana (Cherry Bomb x Herijuana) in the towels yesterday......going to give them a nice long veg, so not much to see for a while.

Will keep trying with the pics. Lots of lushness in the tent at the moment.

Yes_I_Am

wait ill week 6 onwards for the stink, week 9 its unbareable.

regards to the leaf bend, it runs along the line of the middle of the leaf, only on one finger, its not like the claw the tip doesnt turn over that much its the side that turns its only on one or 2 leaves.

daoboxer

Hey B,
Apparently its possible to upload pics again now.
Lemon funk emanating from the Nelly? I've never smoked N.L....is that lemon flavour?
I'm interested to see you grow some bigger plants, so the Cherryjuanas will have me gawping. Should be an interesting cross. Do you plan on going to F2 with those to coax out some different phenos?
I think I've managed to pollinate my SourD dominant ChemxSourD to make some F2s, but the Chem dom one doesn't seem to have taken, which is odd as I used the same pollen.
Will try again tomorrow, and will throw up some pics. Is it even possible to have an infertile female?
I've just found a joints-worth I had stashed for emergencies. What a beautiful thing! Even better than finding a forgotten tenner in your pocket! Happy days.

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Here we go....

Blue Chunk.....this and the Northern Chunk are wigging a little due to my overdoing the chicken shit pellets.

picture.php

Northern Chunk

picture.php

V1....seems to have very short pistils.....

picture.php

Nelly Cheese......I think the smell will probably change....I find lots of things are lemony in the early weeks of flower, and the more interesting smells kick in later.

picture.php

A couple of tent shots....first one is the "dark end".....where anything that gets too tall gets moved....Cali-O x Mexisat (L), the Afghani x NL (centre) and NL x MexiSat (R) are in this category at the moment

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Hey B,
Apparently its possible to upload pics again now.
Lemon funk emanating from the Nelly? I've never smoked N.L....is that lemon flavour?
I'm interested to see you grow some bigger plants, so the Cherryjuanas will have me gawping. Should be an interesting cross. Do you plan on going to F2 with those to coax out some different phenos?
I think I've managed to pollinate my SourD dominant ChemxSourD to make some F2s, but the Chem dom one doesn't seem to have taken, which is odd as I used the same pollen.
Will try again tomorrow, and will throw up some pics. Is it even possible to have an infertile female?
I've just found a joints-worth I had stashed for emergencies. What a beautiful thing! Even better than finding a forgotten tenner in your pocket! Happy days.

Ok....inre the NL......I've had lemony ones out of the Nirvana pack I ran, I think pine is more common. I've made a few crosses with NL...it hasn't been dominant in any of them....I need to get a pack of a different one.....might go for Dr Atomics one day.

Pollination: Sometimes it just doesn't go......one time I made Sensi Star x Power Black, and the beans just never took. C'est la vie.

Nice work on the hidden stash.....I should do that.....maybe next harvest lol

S

speedemon

Alrite Blimey

My Nelly cut has developed curled leaves as well, here is a pic.I have have only noticed it on one other strain before. Some of the leaves are literally curling around and growing in circles lol. Its not a ph problem as the Exodus Cheese cut in exactly same coco and nutes etc all good.

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Hey, speedemon, thanks for looking in.

Those little "circular" leaves pop up all over the Nelly, don't they? I've seen it before in my grow....but only on revegged plants....

Talking of freaks and mutants....

Lemon Chunk x Northern Chunk F1

picture.php

Trifoliate Cali-O x Mexican Sativa.....first tri gal I've had.....slow going but she might yield well.
picture.php

picture.php

Chunky Cheese revegging away.....I just left two tiny buds at the very bottom of the plant....pleasantly surprised at how she's taken off.

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts