What's new

Blazeoneup's Recirculating Dwc Construction Tutorial!

mysticls

temp is 78 from about 10am - 6pm 75 from 6pm - 11pm and than 72 from 11pm - 8/9am and than it gradually goes up 78

i would like run light shift 9am-9pm but thats the hottest temps.. i could do 9pm-9am but thats a lot harder

if i were to use a water chiller would this be possible

mysticls said:
well i will be hitting every bit of low 80s...

i could do a 8pm-8am cycle where the temps will be 72-76 with lights on and 78 with lights off.. would this make a difference or would i still need a chiller??

I run 75-80 with no chiller and never had an issue.

mysticls

i see.. well i would like DWC w/o recirc so than each bucket has own nutrients, etc.. can do multiple strains but if in 3 months when its getting hot and than i run into heat issues i am gonna be sorry i didnt go DWC from the start and spend the $300 for a chiller

kiwi quad

i also would like to thank you blaze for the tute,its good to see theres people still out there that dont mind giving up thier time and knowledge to help others

simpleword

One quick question:

How much tubing did you have left over? I bought 100 feet of all three sizes and am doing a 24 bucket grow. Do you suppose this will be enough?

Grownz

Great post. Thanks for sharing this.
Just one question, how important is it to have the feed lines at the same level as the return lines? Could you run these lines higher, say run the main feed line out the top of the control bucket and then staying at that height? Would this be any different? Anyway, thanks for the brilliant post!

Trichome Toker said:
We have all most the same exact setup.

I use T barbs for every bucket, and I actually make one big circle instead of using elbow barbs for the last two buckets.

I have two 1000w vertical bulbs hanging in between the buckets like:

Bucket----------Bucket------------Bucket
-----------Light-------------Light-------------
Bucket----------Bucket------------Bucket

So each light is totally surrounded by trees.

Only six plants, but it puts out about 5 pounds a run on average.

That is cool how much the same our hydro setups are, I don't know about your lighting, but everything else is all most exactly the same, I even use an 18 gallon Rubbermaid for my controller, because my float valve wouldn't fit in a bucket.

How did you install your float valve?

I fill up my controller until the buckets hit the right level, then drilled a hole right at that water level in the controller for the float valve.

I can rotate the plastic thing to make the level slightly higher or lower if you know what I mean.

5 pounds with 2000 Watts with 6 plants in 4 months?!? Holy fucking shit!!!!!

One grow and I'm good forever. Whee!

You got a series of schematics for other setups using different lighting and/or plant numbers?

drr2m2007

Does size matter

Does size matter

Great tutorial!!!!! Hello, New to forum. Actually, my first post. I was already in the making of a recirculating DWC when I came across your tutorial. Wanted to ask you what you thought on the matter of using 1/2" tubing all the way up to the bucket for the recirculating of water. I was thinking the 1/4" tubing puts to much pressure on the pump but I have yet to put it all together and wanted to ask your opinion first before I started drilling hole's in my 24 bucket setup. Do you think using 1/2" tubing would create to much head on the pump? Plan on using a 396gph pump but I have a 536gph just in case that wasn't enough.

Thanks for your reply

Last edited:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I believe 1/2" with a 396 gph pump would work, Just be careful wouldnt want a flood poppin off, I would reccomend using 1" tubing for the return lines if your going to use 1/2" for the feed....

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
blazeone
Howzit? As usual nice clean setups.. you be the man man... peace..
and great thread brother.. peace..

sack

mrgrowman

Hi blazeoneup , well , you now convinced me to change my soil to hydro. I just had a question for ya . I'm going to do a 12 bucket system with 3gal buckets two controller tanks each controling 6 of the buckets, I was thinking of just having one res tank to top both controllers off . Do you think this would work out ok?I'm just wondering how often i'll have to refill the res tank? it will be a 30 gal rubber trash can.
any info or tips would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
peace :joint: