What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blazeoneup hits the dirt again.

V

vhGhost

The Roots must! be coming out of the bottom. How often do they need water?

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
blazewun
howzit brother..?? hope all is well man o man o man.. Its been a lil bit since i been by wow what a grow brother lots o nuggies comin yer way.. ill bbl to peep the updates..peace.

sack

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Vh Ghost not quite comming out the bag yet, I water every 3-4 days right now.

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking good blaze...quite a hand bro yourself i see...i'm still around....dont have much 2 ask so i'l :kissass: instead :biglaugh:....1 small Q though ...what size bags there in now?

budvapor

awesome thread dude! what's in your pro-mix bag? what do you consider are the benefits of using this bag compared to other options (e.g. more MG organic mix and perlite)?

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
The advantage is and should easily be seen :)

There are other options besides the pro mix, But more MG is not one of them...

You could suppliment the (pro mix) with (peat moss and vermiculite). And a few others but it has to be light airy soil to get the right texture. The whole idea of this is to mix the light and airy pro mix, With the heavy rich miracle grow to meet in the middle. So you have a mix thats not to light, Not to heavy with good drainage.

Heavy rich soils dont provide good drainage, Light airy soils provide to much drainage. You meet them in the middle and you get a nice texture not to heavy not to light with good drainage.

Last edited:

budvapor

blazeoneup said:
The advantage is and should easily be seen :)

lol yeah i can see that part.
i guess my question wasn't precise enough. i deserved that :spank:

let's see if a little medicine can help me smooth this out... :joint:

i'm totally stoked about trying your mix. i've been reading a lot for a while here. what an incredible resource! talk about spreading knowledge! anyway, after all this reading, your mix is the most appealing. the results are great, and it couldn't be simpler with watering with just water until harvest.

anyway, i can't seem to find pro-mix. i have a few more stores to check out still, so hopefully i can find it.

now just in case i can't find it, i wanted to know what i could use instead. i'm also trying to understand why the mix works. i think it's fun to grow, not just enjoying the results, but also the grow part. and i like to understand stuff in general. you could say i have a lot of curiosity.

anyway i just bored myself with my story :nono: i get chatty :wave:

so hence my earlier question. thanks for your answer.

i have researched pro-mix and found that there are different types, like "HP". which one do you use?

would you say that replacing the pro-mix with a mix of peat moss and vermiculite or perlite could yield the same results? or are there other ingredients in the pro-mix that affect the results?

are you familiar with any other product that is similar to pro-mix?

note that i would have sent you a pm if i were allowed to, but it seems you are not allowed to until you have 50 posts... i'm new here :wave:

and again... duly impressed :bow:

budvapor

ok, a little bit more digging and i found what looks like the exact product you used... "pro-mix for containers"

http://www.premierhort.com/eProMix/...aTM/ProMixOriginal/Containers/fContainers.htm

from the manufacturer:

PRO-MIX for CONTAINERS is the ready-made, peat-based growing mix specially formulated for a wide variety of plant species grown in hanging baskets and outdoor planters. It has excellent water-holding capacity for plants that require high amounts of water or subject to hot, sunny conditions. This potting mix contains WATER-SAVING CRYSTALS to hold extra water wich reduces watering frequency and risk of plant wilting.

CONTAINS:
Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss (75-85% by volume)
Water Absorbent Polymer
Perlite
Limestone (for pH adjustment)

i guess i have my ingredients now :D also found retailers nearby from the manufacturer's site. hopefully it's in stock!

not sure about the "water absorbent polymer" thing... any ideas?

also, follow-up question... i'm a bit surprised that the plants do so well initially with no fertilizer whatsoever (correct?). it looks like your clones go into peat pellets which have no fertilizer at all either (correct?). i guess the clones use nutrients stored in the plant itself? what if you start from seed?

cobain420 said:
Great questions Bud!

thanks cobain420!

--

Last edited:
V

vhGhost

budvapor said:
i guess the clones use nutrients stored in the plant itself? what if you start from seed?
--

in my experience clones do alot better when they only recieve water only after the first roots show, for as long as it takes them to fill a (red) beer cup. That way when you transplant into the Mix, they have a good root system to uptake all the nutrients they need, instead of trying to feed them what you think they want. Eg. a new born baby won't eat a steak or a hot dog like a 5-10 year old can. why should the baby plants ?

Last edited:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
budvapor said:
ok, a little bit more digging and i found what looks like the exact product you used... "pro-mix for containers"

http://www.premierhort.com/eProMix/...aTM/ProMixOriginal/Containers/fContainers.htm

from the manufacturer:

PRO-MIX for CONTAINERS is the ready-made, peat-based growing mix specially formulated for a wide variety of plant species grown in hanging baskets and outdoor planters. It has excellent water-holding capacity for plants that require high amounts of water or subject to hot, sunny conditions. This potting mix contains WATER-SAVING CRYSTALS to hold extra water wich reduces watering frequency and risk of plant wilting.

CONTAINS:
Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss (75-85% by volume)
Water Absorbent Polymer
Perlite
Limestone (for pH adjustment)

i guess i have my ingredients now :D also found retailers nearby from the manufacturer's site. hopefully it's in stock!

not sure about the "water absorbent polymer" thing... any ideas?

also, follow-up question... i'm a bit surprised that the plants do so well initially with no fertilizer whatsoever (correct?). it looks like your clones go into peat pellets which have no fertilizer at all either (correct?). i guess the clones use nutrients stored in the plant itself? what if you start from seed?

thanks cobain420!

--

Thats the mix I use yep. The water absorbent crystals are fine they help retain extra moisture.I said previously you can use peat moss as a replacement and add vermiculite.

No actually the plants dont do so well without food, They only get 7-10 days in the cups for rooting purposes. If you look close enough the babies looked un-healthy going into the bags. But they had healthy roots and thats all thats needed. I mean some of them looked ok but some looked pretty bad when being transplanted into the bags. Didnt stop them from taking off once they got into the bags though.

budvapor

blazeoneup said:
Thats the mix I use yep. The water absorbent crystals are fine they help retain extra moisture.I said previously you can use peat moss as a replacement and add vermiculite.

No actually the plants dont do so well without food, They only get 7-10 days in the cups for rooting purposes. If you look close enough the babies looked un-healthy going into the bags. But they had healthy roots and thats all thats needed. I mean some of them looked ok but some looked pretty bad when being transplanted into the bags. Didnt stop them from taking off once they got into the bags though.

thanks for the info!!! this satisfies my curiosity for now :smoke: i'll update everyone down the road with how it works for me.

can't wait to see the rest of your grow!

JJDubz

So healthy blaze, those are some fat and happy girls you got goin...cant wait to see em go through flowering!

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Ok guys time for an update and what better day then 7-7-07 to do an update.

Day 1

Day 8

day 16

Day 21

Day 25

Day 32

Day 36

Day 40 flipped to 12/12.

Day 44, 4 days 12/12.

Few random pictures!

The stalks on the girls are nice and thick looking good :)

These are the clones currently rooting out the cups about to be transplanted into the bags!

Here are the next round to follow after them rooting.