What's new

Blah's First Ppk

Mr Blah

Got some pictures of the little girls after about a week. This is the last of the planting with the "not so chunky" perlite. I am getting the stuff that is recommended by others.

Attachments

• IMG_4123.jpg
    IMG_4123.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4124.jpg
    IMG_4124.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4125.jpg
    IMG_4125.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 10

Mr Blah

First Harvest in PPK

First Harvest in PPK

Like the title says; first harvest of my PPK.
Even though two died in the room I had good luck with the other two regardless of the drainage issues. I pushed through and did this first test and I feel it shined...You be the judge and tell me.

First of all it is still drying and will for a while. The over all impression of this harvest in this ppk system is unreal....just unreal!
I used this as a test grow; only touching the plant at the beginning of the flip. Only putting zip ties on the branches to hold back to the screen and selectively cutting branches, suckers and removing huge ass fans.
Monitoring the grow from the zipper of the tent only going in to check color of the trichomes.
I found removing the screen from the PVC frame was easier in the long run while harvesting. And decided it should be protocol in my set up. I will reattach the screen when flipping the tent.

Twisted tea is not my choice just what was around for a reference.

Attachments

• IMG_4113.jpg
    IMG_4113.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4116.jpg
    IMG_4116.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4111.jpg
    IMG_4111.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4110.jpg
    IMG_4110.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4112.jpg
    IMG_4112.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 10

Mr Blah

More pictures of the huge colas only a few. There are many.
The total filled two 5 gal buckets trimmed and de limbed.

Attachments

• IMG_4116.jpg
    IMG_4116.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4119.jpg
    IMG_4119.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4120.jpg
    IMG_4120.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4121.jpg
    IMG_4121.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4122.jpg
    IMG_4122.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 11

Mr Blah

Things I might do different for the next run or put into play in the tent next door is to go in after the three week stretch and take fans and selectively take some more suckers and tie back.
also I might of taken too soon as there was a lot of still breathing pistols. But in my book, majority rules. :laughing:

Now everyone!......constructive criticism...post away.
I want to hear it. Always learning.:biggrin:

Last edited:

C.O.B.

Nicely Done Blah! Your intestinal fortitude and perseverance bulldozed the issues that arose. Big ups! Huge colas to boot. Peace.

C.O.B.

C.O.B.

Went back to the beginning of your thread. Yessir that perlite in your pics looks like the brand"fertilome" small smash able particles that will create sludge. My bad I've read so many ppk threads, forgot which one was yours. The chunky hort grade will do you justice. Peace.

C.O.B.

Globule

Bloody nice work Mr B!

You filled that screen with big, beautiful buds like a stalker's scrapbook :biggrin:

Glad you enjoyed growing with the PPK. You sure worked it baby!

Enjoy your harvest mate :woohoo:

SuperWeed

Mr Blah, how do you like the performance of the halo's? I haven't tried them, but have heard good things.

Well done btw. Really nice setup.

SuperWeed

Halos worked good and recommended if you are doing a pulse feed. These are the small rings.

I used 1/4 T's for my Mi PPK run. They were effective, but not efficient. I do believe halo's are the way to go to insure proper saturation. I have seen pictures of rockwool, top watered and it channels like crazy. Although coco is probably exponentially better about it, I know some channeling takes place.

bbspills

Fox Farm and hydrofarm also make a nice chunky perlite.

Sorry if I missed this later in your thread, but for your feed are you still using jacks hydro 5-12-26 and calnit at the ratio of 2.2gr:1.4gr per gallon or approx 600pmm throughout the whole grow or do you start to reduce the calnit later in flowering and still shoot for 600ppm?

Mr Blah

Thanks for stopping in.
Ya, been researching the larger perlite. I did come across those brands.
I use 5 Tbsp of each Jacks and calNite to give me 600ppms in veg with every 44 gal brute fill up. I do 6Tbsp of each for flower and did not change anything throughout the 8-9 week flower cycle.

bbspills

Thanks for stopping in.
Ya, been researching the larger perlite. I did come across those brands.
I use 5 Tbsp of each Jacks and calNite to give me 600ppms in veg with every 44 gal brute fill up. I do 6Tbsp of each for flower and did not change anything throughout the 8-9 week flower cycle.

Thanks. You're the first I've seen that does a 1:1 ratio of the two.

I've seen the 3:2 and 3:2:1 ratio of Jacks:calnit:epsom.

Glad to hear that works well for you

SuperWeed

Thanks. You're the first I've seen that does a 1:1 ratio of the two.

I've seen the 3:2 and 3:2:1 ratio of Jacks:calnit:epsom.

Glad to hear that works well for you

If I'm not mistaken, the 450ppm/300ppm ratio only applies when you use a meter to pinpoint the ppms exactly. The 1:1 is when just measuring out the dry powder, because it comes out at about the right ratio.

Am I wrong? I always use a meter.

Mr Blah

I am about as basic as they come and I like things simple. D9 and the others mentioned to do it one way and I just do it.
I run a large UC system downstairs from this grow and hands down I spend more time downstairs with issues. Upstairs is a basic walk up pull a few fans make sure brutes are full do a little manicuring and talking to the plants and I'm gone.
Other than using the not so chunky perlite in the last run it came out more than I expected. hitting the 1.25lb mark on one plant and .75 on the other. If the other two didn't die I would of been in third world heaven.

SuperWeed

I am about as basic as they come and I like things simple. D9 and the others mentioned to do it one way and I just do it.
I run a large UC system downstairs from this grow and hands down I spend more time downstairs with issues. Upstairs is a basic walk up pull a few fans make sure brutes are full do a little manicuring and talking to the plants and I'm gone.
Other than using the not so chunky perlite in the last run it came out more than I expected. hitting the 1.25lb mark on one plant and .75 on the other. If the other two didn't die I would of been in third world heaven.

U.C. causing issues. Truth.

Mr Blah

Ya, issues....first hard water and starting to clog .75" return line with calcium build up like bacon fat going through a choked artery.
second nutes are starting to be more money especially compared to the new love of my life...PPK. :biggrin:
Noisy pumps, massive water consumption and all around too much power.....I can almost hear my wallet deflating.

Latest posts

Latest posts