What's new

Blackstar 180w LRr2: The First Mission

5th

Veteran
Thats great news man. When I read that post about the leaves on the hot blondes tah tah's I thought "Fuck I wished I read this post yesterday". Having a vendor man up n' do the right thing is always a great thing.

I was wondering why it was taking you so long to post but now it makes sense...nothing was happening.

And yeah, nice cab upgrade. Stoked for ya.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Thats great news man. When I read that post about the leaves on the hot blondes tah tah's I thought "Fuck I wished I read this post yesterday". Having a vendor man up n' do the right thing is always a great thing.

I was wondering why it was taking you so long to post but now it makes sense...nothing was happening.

And yeah, nice cab upgrade. Stoked for ya.

LOL!

5th,

Thanks. First thing I do is check the plants every morning. It was a relief to find out that there's an issue with this lot and that there is a remedy.

I hadn't cut the light hours because I needed their heat. Spring is coming on quick now, though. My room is much warmer now and I'm going to go 12/12 and see if they'll flower. I won't be satisfied unless I can then crank them back to 20/4 or 24 straight and keep them flowering.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
420ish,

This is the third day of 12/12. No flowers yet. I've not been an inside grower apart from starting seeds (and that funky little windowsill seed run last winter
deb6a971e892126d1ee7537dc62aaa0a_617995.jpg
) So I'm not sure how long before I see results -a week?

The plants are very healthy:

picture.php

Due to their extended veg period I wasn't going to have room for them all. I sacrificed one in the name of science. I found a nice healthy root mass from the bottom to the top of the pot:
bfd120a171c5a5334d4be4eeea240e03_636131.jpg

I made a cut into the rootmass and yanked out the center, healthy all the way through:
41ea173c4acd8031450e431d17e077cc_636132.jpg

On other matters, I'm taking advantage of the extra room in the lower cab while I still can before my seedlings need the space. I have one 68 watt cfl and two 45 watters going:
picture.php

That 68 watt bulb is big!
9a4d3aa993341fa4906dade5386ea725_605675.jpg

I'm hoping to see autos in action soon. I've got a Pandora and a Vertigo starting now.

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
:bump:That new set-up is doing much better Claude. You'll be rewarded once you get a good strain in their. That Onyx up there looks nice.

RexDark

Looking good Claude, bought two blackstar 100watt leds after seeing your grow, throwing clones into flower as soon as it arrives. Looking forward to seeing your final weight.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
skullznroses,

Thanks. Yes, Onyx is right at the top of my list -- and Pinkbud/fruit salad both sound really good.

Looking good Claude, bought two blackstar 100watt leds after seeing your grow, throwing clones into flower as soon as it arrives. Looking forward to seeing your final weight.

RexDark,

That's kind.

The Blackstar has a lot of punch and really promotes stout plants with short internodes. It would be excellent for producing nice stocky seedlings that look like they were raised in the garden in full sun. I would like to get another. If I have a nice summer, I will.

I'm on 12/12 and straining my eyes for that first flower....

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
The Onyx I got had about at least 3 phenotypes in the package I bought. If variety is the spice of life, then its sweet over here! I can't wait to see what the seeds I just harvest come out to be like.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
The Onyx I got had about at least 3 phenotypes in the package I bought. If variety is the spice of life, then its sweet over here! I can't wait to see what the seeds I just harvest come out to be like.

It is nice to be able to pick out what suits you best out of a group of seeds. Thats what I've done with my early sativa for several years. I always let a little pollen spread and then plant the seeds from my favorite plants.

Skullz, I did take your advice about working to get a bit of stretch. I had to jack the lights up to 18 inches. IF THEY EVER FLOWER, I'll post some new pictures. These plants have zero diversity. Each is identical in basic structure to its siblings.

If they ever flower.... (They're getting composted soon if they don't trigger at 12/12)

LOL! The way this grow is going I would have been better off 12-12ing my trusty early sativa.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
picture.php
I finally found several small female flowers on two plants. You can barely make out (I hope) the pistils coming from the calyx.

I have one male and one still undifferentiated plant.

picture.php

My hopes for a seed run of LR2 were shot with that long delay in flowering (these were started 44 days ago) and I do not trust their genetics. I'm still going to do a minor dustup and run a few seeds because I want to try this strain again to see if its something I did to delay flowering. They have such a nice structure and are as uniform as a good F1. I had the LED down low dumping light on them for quite a while and my temperatures were too low.

I picked the tops off the plants I sacrificed and was pleasantly surprised. No doubt, this will have some potent flowers when mature.

Once the flowering gets serious I will kick them back up to 20/4 and see if they stay with the program or get kicked to the curb. My vertigo & Pandora sprouts are ready to take their place.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
I'm giving my plants 8 hours of darkness and they are starting to flower. They definitely were not autos.

I've got them LSTd to a nice even canopy now, dozens of evenly spaced growth points fill the cab:
picture.php

Hopefully I'll do a bit better with the Vertigo and Pandora.

Thin sativaish leaves on Vertigo:
picture.php

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
really unlucky with those claude. :(

Nothing worse than planning a grow around what you expect a strain to do, and then it not happen.

Did they come in genuine packaging etc?

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Mitch,

The LR2s did not come in a breeder package. I call them slowryders. They weren't showing any sign of flowering

I'm a lot more comfortable with the vertigo and pandora I have started. They came in authentic packages from Paradise.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Things are looking better for the future. My first Vertigo just showed me her sexy sweetness at 17 days.
picture.php

My (S)lowryder2s are flowering pretty good now. In a couple of days I should be able to get a better young bud shot.

picture.php

One thing is for sure, that LLOOOOONG veg time let them develope a ton of bud sites. I even added a couple more 23 watt cfls on the sides of the LED chamber to help those budsites swell.

picture.php

My two story cab is serving me pretty well. I've got just over 200 watts of cfls and the Blackstar lighting up the two 64cm X 38cm grow compartments.

One last thing -- slow as those Slowryders (or whatever they are) may have been, the unflowered tops of the plants I chopped are surprisingly potent. I am sure the ripe buds are going to hit like a hammer.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Thanks Killerweed.

It was my first indoor and my first autoflower and I stuck with these plants far longer than I should.

Oh well, they are looking good now after having a week of 12/12 to trigger them. I have them at 16/8 and --good news-- they are remaining in flower.

I'll likely try another autoflower next winter one that really autos. The Pink Bud/Fruit Salad/Secret Citrus grows here have caught my eye.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
I've seen plants get narrower leaves as they mature, but these started out looking like
363aa3f9db9c2a7dff5781c9399acb3d_618443.jpg
Deep Chunk and now they look like a columbian/thai sativa.

I'd sure like to know if these look like typical LR2s?

picture.php

Strange grow!

No doubt they will coat up nicely, look at the fan leaves glisten with sugar:
picture.php

blueschato

Veteran
Hey Claude beautifull girls up there,I do not know if it looks like the LR2, but I like it a lot..... to have resin in pre-flowering is a good sign!:good:

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
They are very pretty.
to have resin in pre-flowering is a good sign!

Indeed. I had this grow figured out to be over when my stash ran out. That didn't happen. But since the plants vegged so long they grew to big for my space and I chopped 2 and removed one male. I do believe that I'll be content enough rolling up nice joints of these for the next six+ weeks.

Before I left the farm I always had enough smoke to last over a year. Then I moved and had a disasterous first year with all sorts of problems and I hardly had a crop. I'm down to the last small bud from my farm -- two years old now. Sigh....I won't let this happen again.

Big green bumper crops to all!

By the way Blueschato, Wakan is a Lakota word that I am familiar with having grown up in Souixland -- is yours the Lakota word?

Latest posts

Latest posts