What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Dog LED grow, hydro

vukman

Veteran
nice.......very nice......damn it, I'm jealous of the weight!!!!!!!! LOL....;)
Oh well, I've got the next one in the planning stages and this time I'm hoping that it'll be Blue Satellite because I know that one is a nice yielder..:)

Once again...excellent going

siddhartha

Almost there

Almost there

So I was planning on starting the new journal tonight. But I found root aphids last night.
Hit them with Bayer Complete Insect Control, So I will give them a few more days to recover from the stress of that but I have veg pics from last night.
I will post a thread link when I start the new thread. These are the Blue Berry I took the cuttings from. They are flowering under one of my Platinum's. I might post a few pictures of them occasionally but not journal them.

These are the 16 that will go into flower as soon as they dont look stressed anymore. The tall ones in the back are my Ghost moms.

vukman

Veteran
oh man!!!!!!!! you got RA?!?!? I really hope you can beat them..I've heard horror stories about them......

Good Luck

tenthirty

Did I hear root aphids, I hope you got them soon enough.
Tree and shrub fixed it for me.

Image2.jpg Image7.jpg

greenbox88

Sidd,

Look up Merit 75 WP. It is the atomic bomb for root aphids. -- 1tsp per 10gal, 1 treatment is all it takes; remain systemic for 60 days. Good luck!

siddhartha

So i got the root aphids killed without any problems (thanks greenbox) but 2 of my drivers blew out, So i will do a journal next round after I have the drivers repaired.
Sidd

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
So i got the root aphids killed without any problems (thanks greenbox) but 2 of my drivers blew out, So i will do a journal next round after I have the drivers repaired.
Sidd

2 of them ? :chin: Hmmm, this sound like a design mistake or even worse. Did the manufacturer said something about this issue ?

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I had an issue with one of my led panels and thought it was a dead driver however after replacing the driver the two rows were still out. I think it is just a loose connection somewhere in the system, make sure and check the connections as it could be something easier than a driver blowing.

I do know drivers blow BUT if all it takes is some wire tightening then why not.

cateros

no sweat, black dog has a great warranty bro. Doing a great job can't wait for this next round.
So I am looking into led's for my new grow room , the room I have for veg flower is 6 x 6 and veg room is 4 x 4 was considering either going with BD platinum xl for flower and a BD 360 for my veg area this seem like the best option?

siddhartha

best option ATM is HPS. every LED is going to have drivers blow out and LED's fry. Look at getting an OG hood with a good bulb and ballast, cheaper and longer lasting.
Sidd

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
best option ATM is HPS. every LED is going to have drivers blow out and LED's fry. Look at getting an OG hood with a good bulb and ballast, cheaper and longer lasting.
Sidd

with all due respect, i disagree. :tiphat:

KONEHEAD

Hey Sidd, just ordered blackdog platinum u 1500watt led complete grow kit with 5'*5' gorilla grow tent.i want to try an pull in aleast 16oz per grow.what kind of strain can you recommend and what size pots an how many plants to do?

Hey Konehead, if you don't mind my answering you question even though it wasn't directed at me. But I recommend 3 gal felt pots (I like smart pots, they don't bind up your roots), and in a 5'x5' area with the wattage of the Platinum XLU I think you could get away with 9 larger plants or 16 smaller plants, and you should definitely be able to get an oz per plant with the smaller. Before picking a strain, do you prefer indica or sativa? I also recommend doing some research on pH, nutrients and ppm if you haven't grown much, all of those play a big role in how much bud you end up with.

Also wanted to ask sidhartha a question. I posted this in another thread but thought maybe I'll more likely get an answer in this thread.

What part of your light failed? I can't really tell from your pictures, do you have one of the old lights or did you get one of the new universal series platinums? I'm wondering how the old lights were footprint wise, and size wise compared to the new because my light is big, almost 50 lbs. Have you taken them up on the lifetime warranty yet? If you haven't, you might be able to get your light fixed, definitely worth checking into.

KONEHEAD

thanks man i definety appreciate the help.i think indica i want to go with had sum pretty nice smoke out of my indica grows in small tent with 180watt hydroponichut led an 240 blackstar.my main goal is try and pull in 16oz per grow and decent smoke.im really hoping this 1500watt black dog works out spent boat load on my new setup.if you think 3gal felt pots are good enough ima pick dozen up tomorrow and start off with 9 total.just need to figure out strain...i do have 7 barney blue mammoth laying around could use them up.

KONEHEAD

for soil iv been using foxfarm ocean forest an foxfarm nutes when i water i use rodi water from 55 gallon containment barrel that i use for my salt water reef tank.