What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black cherry soda growers?

HatchBrew

Veteran
They're down from outdoors. Great smell, took little early due to rain. Have lots of little stuff cause of this, will be having some great tincture and hash from it though.

Hope everyones else BCS and plants are doing well. Keep em going, spread em around.

Relentless

Veteran
I now have a BCS clone! Progressive Collective really does have quite a lot of clones to choose from. Certainly saves the trouble of sorting through a pack of seeds to find a keeper. Although, it still may be fun to compare the females to the clone one day. Maybe I should be looking for a male instead :) Thanks again
Yup, and they come with every pest you can imagine :tiphat:

talktosamson

Veteran
Next time if you want you can just post "fuck you buy my seeds" instead of bashing a good shop with lots of good genetics. Got no time for shit talking seed peddlers.....

HatchBrew

Veteran
Yup, and they come with every pest you can imagine :tiphat:

Oh no they have hipster yuppies and douche-y posers on them. Damn the more you try to get rid of them the more they want to be there!

Hey let's get back to talking about the BCS, it's a real beaut of a plant.

Next year, I will force flower in July to get a jump start on it finishing and bulking up a little more. Happy with the yield I got, super smelly and looks real good. Definitely need to clean out the inner area more, or have more time to spread its harvest out. Clear it out top to bottom, outside in.

Keep it going, have a great day.

Anyone done any personal crosses onto the BCS?

talktosamson

Veteran
My BCS outdoors last year, really had to leave it and lost some of it to mold because of all the rain and clouds last year.

picture.php

Outdoor Plushberry Seed from 2012

picture.php

GBezzer

BCS

BCS

Here is what I grew out from some clones from a local dispensary. BCS.
8 weeks in flower, I took them to 9 weeks. Enjoy.

Attachments

• DSC01554.jpg
    DSC01554.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC01555.jpg
    DSC01555.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC01556.jpg
    DSC01556.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC01557.jpg
    DSC01557.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC01558.jpg
    DSC01558.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 14

GBezzer

BCS Finished Product

BCS Finished Product

I really like this strain. Easy to grow, a little sensitive to nutes. I use advanced connoisseur line. 5 gallon soft pots, sunshine soil, 1000 watt+ HPS, light on temps around 77, night time temps around 65, 4x4 tent. 6 plants took up most of the space. Fan leafs trimmed at 8 weeks, harvest at 9 weeks. Amazing dark cherry color grows from the inside out. Buds frosted to the stem when buds are broke open. Smooth smoke. The C99 lineage/taste comes through, but not over powering. Complex taste with a great up high slipping into a more indica type buzz after a couple hours.

Attachments

• 300.jpg
    300.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 290.jpg
    290.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 292.jpg
    292.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 296.jpg
    296.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 14

Grojak

I really like this strain. Easy to grow, a little sensitive to nutes. I use advanced connoisseur line. 5 gallon soft pots, sunshine soil, 1000 watt+ HPS, light on temps around 77, night time temps around 65, 4x4 tent. 6 plants took up most of the space. Fan leafs trimmed at 8 weeks, harvest at 9 weeks. Amazing dark cherry color grows from the inside out. Buds frosted to the stem when buds are broke open. Smooth smoke. The C99 lineage/taste comes through, but not over powering. Complex taste with a great up high slipping into a more indica type buzz after a couple hours.

You did good man!! you said it purps from the inside out, and the smell is so sweet!!

C

Cep

Ok, so I'm a little confused. I thought BCS was supposed to be a shorter flowering indica with a good amount of color. I picked up some cuts from progressive collective this past spring. The results I got made me think it wasn't a legit cut, however, they look similar to what hatch brew posted:
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

I've read that it's also not that potent. This one is pretty strong smoke and smells like mega dank, rotting garbage (hence the name I gave the lab bc I didn't think it was BCS). Also finished later than I thought it would (mid Oct.). Is this really BCS or some other plant?

Progressive collective carries OK clones compared to other clubs in PDX. Powdery mildew was the only thing I could see on about 5 plants out of the 300-400 or so they carry. They are a bit starved in their small nursery pots on SS#4 also.

talktosamson

Veteran
Ok, so I'm a little confused. I thought BCS was supposed to be a shorter flowering indica with a good amount of color. I picked up some cuts from progressive collective this past spring. The results I got made me think it wasn't a legit cut, however, they look similar to what hatch brew posted:
View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

I've read that it's also not that potent. This one is pretty strong smoke and smells like mega dank, rotting garbage (hence the name I gave the lab bc I didn't think it was BCS). Also finished later than I thought it would (mid Oct.). Is this really BCS or some other plant?

Progressive collective carries OK clones compared to other clubs in PDX. Powdery mildew was the only thing I could see on about 5 plants out of the 300-400 or so they carry. They are a bit starved in their small nursery pots on SS#4 also.

Cep, I am pretty torn. The plant in the first picture does look a lot like BCS and mine went mid to late October in southern Oregon, so it is a bit of a late finisher. Same structure, lots of top buds with noting underneath. But if it sells like garbage, its not the one. BCS smells like cherry candy, artificial candy. If its true its a huge bummer since I vouched for them. I just finished a big room full of Banner #3 and Platinum GSC. Every plant was exactly what tey said it was and no bigs or PM. I could have gotten lucky, but I dont ave room for moms anymore and rely on friends and clones to get my cuts now. If you want/need the real BCS let me know and ill arrange it

C

Cep

I'm not really that disappointed. People like whatever this plant is. I just will keep calling it garbage or dumpster kush. If I do an outdoor grow up here I don't really want to deal with anything that goes past the first week go October anymore. If Progressive has a good plat gsc I might grab one. Its also possible they mislabeled the "bcs" I got.

I picked up that Black Cherry Soda from Progressive Collective in PDX too, but haven't had a chance to flower it yet. I'll see if it's real or not. What WAS real were the broad mites that came along with ALL of the clones I've picked up from them over the last three months. It's a damn shame, really. I cannot recommend.

C

Cep

When I looked at their clones last (March 2014) I did see a few plants with potential broad mite symptoms. I scoped them with 100x magnification but could not find anything. They were warned and I even walked them through ID and treatment process. Since I didn't actually see a mite I didn't say they had them in my previous post. Sometimes they get on a few plants and only a handful cause the symptoms and can be missed.

They have been in about three weeks and I’m getting a deep cherry smell... under the bottoms of the buds are purple.... thanks to you guys for getting it to me.... some pics should be up soon!!