What's new

Birth of Cultivation Legend - 600w tent pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
I got a lot of respect for your work bozo. I just looked at your roots in the cloner and yours are the only other roots that i've seen that compare to mine. I also like how you use things around you to make them work for you. I'm the same way. I never really noticed you around here before but I will pay more attention now.
...thanks man and i also have a great deal of respect for your work, i know how difficult it is to nail DWC down and for someone like you doing the RDWC, well i can only imagine how tricky that is, ...me i'm a lazy phuck so i quickly became disenchanted with all the cleanup and stuff, lol.

...and you don't see me around much anymore because i only come around to help out now and again, i remember when i first started out and all the help i got so i like to spend some time paying it back, as it were, ...so i just come around to share the love, lol.

...and crackrocker, they will work fine and to your earlier question you want to be watering every 3rd day or so and don't be dumping out the res, you want liquid in there for the roots to go after.

...it takes about 2 weeks for the roots to hit the res and you'll know when that happens because you'll see a distinct increase in your growth rates, ...then you should water every other day until you flip them and then you should be watering every day.

peace, bozo

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
That was my first thought but then i saw bunch of pics with hempys made outta 2 liters so i figure its fine.

Theyre hempys because theres 2 inches of hydroton in the bottom and the rest is coco. And theres a drain hole i drilled 2 inches from the bottom

Ahhh gotcha, I think I was thinkin about the ppk system. Keep em green.

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good luck on your journey CR.. Keep it fun & get er dun. ..

AD. ..

Last edited:

crackrocker

Looks like theyre getting healthier since I fed em with nutes. I havent watered/fed them since i transplanted them

blueberry gum

veneo, this one seemed most stressed, bottom two leaves are 100% burnt up, rest of leaves were very yellow. Now newer growth seems greener and healthier

fruity chronic juice. This one seems to be responding best. Seems very healthy

OG KUSH

Havent watered them again b/c i can still see some of the coco is wet i figure i should wait until it appears all dry.

I planned to feed same strength again next time. Unless yall thought i should try kicking it up some.

crackrocker

I can still see some moisture as well as feel a little if I stick my finger down in the coco. Then again it's been almost one full week since I originally watered them so I think ill go ahead and water them today.
Growing shrooms trained me to never overwater and let shit dry out real good before watering again but I guess this is a lil different.

After seeing iqlusions success with full strength nutes in his hempys I'm going to feed em 25% this time

Question!!!!!

I'm seeing what I'm guessing is algae in my rockwool, green tints or streaks in it. Is that anything to worry about???

justanotherbozo

Veteran
I can still see some moisture as well as feel a little if I stick my finger down in the coco. Then again it's been almost one full week since I originally watered them so I think ill go ahead and water them today.
Growing shrooms trained me to never overwater and let shit dry out real good before watering again but I guess this is a lil different.

After seeing iqlusions success with full strength nutes in his hempys I'm going to feed em 25% this time

Question!!!!!

I'm seeing what I'm guessing is algae in my rockwool, green tints or streaks in it. Is that anything to worry about???
...yeah, it probably is algae and the way to deal with it is to completely bury the rockwool, ...the algae isn't hurting you exactly, it's just gonna compete for the nutrients so as soon as the plant is tall enough, bury that rockwool.

...btw, hempy buckets are passive HYDROPONICS so having liquid in that bottom 2 inch's provides you with a reservoir so you need to not dump that out.

...and you should already see signs of new growth that should begin to accelerate within 2 weeks of your potting them into the hempys, ...it generally takes about 2 weeks for the roots to reach the res and thats when you will see rapid growth.

...and watch your plants and learn to read them and they will tell you when they are hungry.

...if you have an EC or PPM meter you can also test your runoff, if the PPMs of the runoff are lower than the solution you pour in then you need to up your nutrient strength, if the PPMs of the runoff are HIGHER than the solution you started with then you need to back off on your nutrient strength.

peace, bozo

crackrocker

Thanks for the tip bozo. I mixed up some water at 25% nutr strength, 1/4 tsp to two gallons of water, adjusted to 5.8.

Buried the cubes in the rockwool and watered them until there was a small resevoir in the bottom

crackrocker

I LIKE IT! I LIKE IT A LOT!

I LIKE IT! I LIKE IT A LOT!

PICS!

All of em seem to be doing better from the increased nutes, theyre at 25% now.

Flora Nova for Veg has three different sets of directions, one for seedlings, early veg, and late veg, when i say 25% str, im referring to the feeding instructions for seedlings.

Blueberry gum, hes finally able to get it up some. The new growth is supporting its own weight and is lifted up in comparison to previous growth which hangs down.

Veneo, ouch. Looked strongest starting off but then its leaves started burning to a crisp. All of the old growth was dead and i plucked it off leaving only that top new growth. I believe it would have died completely if i didnt increase the nutes. Even tho theres only two leaves it looks a lil healthier.

Fruity Chronic Juice, wonder if this one has a low nute tolerance since its doing pretty well right now. I could see jackin up all the nutes and it being good for the rest of them but burning this one up, for now its the healthiest tho. Not sure if you can see in the pic bu there is still slight burning and spots, does not look completely healthy but much more growth than before.

OG KUSH. Looks like increased growth.

Everything so far is indicating to me i need to use more nutes. Bozo you say to watch your plants and learn them, theyre telln me they need something so ill continue to increase nutes with waterings.

The original Hempy Thread sz to use full strength nutes and thats what IQlusion sz shes doing and shes having great success.

crackrocker

FUCK THIS i just checked out iqlusions thread again shes got like 4 bushes in that tent and theyre only like 3 weeks old.

Next feed im giving them FULL STRENGTH.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Slow down kid, thats not how plants work. You theory of fed them more an it made em grow faster so feed more=more growth......no,no,no. It takes 3 days about for whatever you do to show in ur plants so whatever you did 2-3 days ago stick to that for now. Plants take a little time before you can bump up the nutes. You found what they want now, stick with it an chase the need, not force feed.

crackrocker

Slow down kid, thats not how plants work. You theory of fed them more an it made em grow faster so feed more=more growth......no,no,no. It takes 3 days about for whatever you do to show in ur plants so whatever you did 2-3 days ago stick to that for now. Plants take a little time before you can bump up the nutes. You found what they want now, stick with it an chase the need, not force feed.

K well thats fine b/c im guessing itll be like 2 weeks before I have to water again considering i went a week without watering before, and that time i drained out all the excess water in the reservoir, this time i left water in the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.