What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bipolarity and hallucinogens -anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runt

Hi,
I´m bipolar and in pretty good shape BUT I´ve been given the chance to go to a ayahuasca retreat for a couple of weeks and I´m wondering if anyone here has any feedback ón bipolarity and hallucinogens? I know all the safety precautions and I´m bipolar type II, which is different from the type I which has more manic activity, but still I wonder. I´m 56 and looking on this as a last shot on getting my head straight :)

Heusinomics

You ask a good question.
But perhaps the best answer can b given by you. How you been feeling. N ware your thoughts tend to stray.

I hav only a small insight as it's my sister w Manic Bipolar.
We shared many 10+ trips of mushrooms &LSD along w a lot of party n rec activities during one splendid summer bf collage. During that time she did hav an episode during a mushroom trip that was quite a revelation for her...

To my knolage she has not had an episode sense and has not needed to seek treatment thereafter.
We no longer live in the same state. But I'll Giv here a jingle soon n ask her if she can offer any incite to those days. N wether she can recall anything helpfull.

I wish you all the best n encourage you to stay positive.
N oc, big ups respect and happy growing.

Runt

Thanks H! I think I´m more stable now than in years, leaving my meds isn´t easy but I need to be med free sor some weeks in order to avoid interactions. Somehow I feel that it´s worth a try, my buddy who´ll I´ll be travelling with is a MD so I feel pretty safe... The worst that can happen is that they pop in a hospital for a few days, the best that could happen is that I clear out some knots in my subconsiense :) I´ll go back on the meds after the trip if needed.

WelderDan

Veteran
My youngest brother is bi-polar and when he goes off his meds he's prone to delusions and extremely erratic behavior. And violence. Ask my other brother. He got clopped on the head with a tire iron and got 16 staples out of the deal. Then there was the time he chased him around the yard with a sword and threatened to run him through. Then there is the whole hearing voices thing, and stories about aliens and buried gold.

He can't even smoke weed when he is medicated. He can't handle the anxiety and paranoia it causes him.

Having lived with a schizophrenic (my father) and a bi-polar, I'm going to have to go with please don't do that.

Runt

WD: I understand what you´ve gone through and I feel for you. At most I´ve been hyomanic ie almost manic but not quite, it´s the depressions that get to me. Thanks for sharing man, I still have thinking to do.

WelderDan

Veteran
WD: I understand what you´ve gone through and I feel for you. At most I´ve been hyomanic ie almost manic but not quite, it´s the depressions that get to me. Thanks for sharing man, I still have thinking to do.

You obviously recognize you have an illness and understand that you have to treat it, and I commend you for that. It's not an easy road to travel.

My brother, well he won't assume any responsibility for anything and the whole family pays the price. So my concern is sincere, and I'm prone to err on the side of caution when I encounter these situations.

Be safe, and take care.

waveguide

Veteran
the ingredients for ayahuasca are easy to source.

listen to me - the reason you are fucked up is because you live in total bullshit, and you will continue to be in a "medical" state for as long as you believe that the authorities are right and that their bullshit world doesn't need to be torn to shit.

now understand this -

the entire new age, psychedelic culture, isn't "just happening, maaan" - it has been headed by false cultural advocates for tavistock, eg. tim leary.

if you think that because some guy has dreadlocks or is an indian with feathers in his hair that he isn't in collusion, think again. if you want a real shaman, you aren't gonig to find them by finding an "ayahuasca adventure company" because they are operated by people who will ensure that your breakthroughs aren't too significant.

the people who profit off of society do not profit off of people who believe they are well and capable. you may have been convinced that you need other people to manage your shit, and if you believe it, that's the best place for you to be... if you don't, then get yourself together and do it yourself! :)

yage is not fun. good mayybe, but definately no fun.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
weed is psychedelic guess that doesn't count

lol I don't have dread locks, nice assumption

I am impressed that you were keen enough to know that the Tavinstocks are behind the ayahuasca movement, them in their rothchild time machine with freemason warp drive

reality of psychadelics, weed, schrooms, cactus, etc all remove for at least a time period the social programming you are so vocal everyone is under and needs to break from.

your letting your hyper vigilance regarding something you can't control anyway get in the way of opening people's eyes to the very thing you are hyper vigilant about

its ok happens to the best of us

This is just one guys opinion on your topic. I have grown and used psilocybin cubensis many times with many people. Everyone responds differently to all drugs. I've seen people who were never the same afterwards. For me it was great. From my experience people who have existing issues in their life are already close to the edge and psychedelics can push them over the edge.

It's ultimately your call bro. If it feels right then do it but I firmly believe in starting small to see how your body reacts. Stay in good company and stay positive!

shithawk420

Veteran
I'm bipolar.I will never do psychedelics again cuase of salvia.I know its different but it scared the shit out of me.just giving my 2c.good luck

Runt

Hi and thanks, I did acid in the 70´s and it was scary but nothing bad came of it -I was bipolar then to but didn´t know about it :) I´m not looking for a "cure all" solution but I think I need to a way to find peace of mind and yage might be a step on the way -or it might be a step towards a mental institution... I´ll be 56 soon and I guess this is my last chance going the adventerous route, I´ll be in good company, do the dieta, quit my meds in time etc. Let´s see what comes of it.

Bipolarity is serious, my son has it too, but sometimes I wonder how much of this is do to society, other peoples expectations, "the fast lane"....

waveguide

Veteran
maybe it's the adventure you want. go for a hike or find some martial arts buddies or some bad people to be enemies :p

i made a weak brew (recipe #2 from the lycaeum iirc) ..to deal with a psychic bully, i guess we can say... not because i was unhappy with myself, but because i had someone fucking with me and i didn't have any methods for dealing with it.

insight gained through yage may be delivered rapidly but it's not like a vacation. it's not recreational like lsd.

for instance, at the time i was smoking the better part of an ounce a month, a lot for me but not like some guys. i heard from every ass cell in my lungs about how shit they were feeling about it. no fun. Zero.

felt those ancient roots winding through my soil, but there are milder entheogens, and apart from my lungs and minor insight into an abuser (i could see them, unknown to me before, rubbing their fingers together) it was pretty much "hey wassup vine dawg" and lots of feeling kinda sick.

but, if my problem was smoking too much, that experience would have fixed it for reals!

if you seek adventure, i'd recommend instead build yourself into a stronger person by creating challenges.. endure a minimal gear hiking trip that stretches your endurance. but maybe taking yage is your challenge you've picked. dunno, not my life.

l8tbloomrr

Hi and thanks, I did acid in the 70´s and it was scary but nothing bad came of it -I was bipolar then to but didn´t know about it :) I´m not looking for a "cure all" solution but I think I need to a way to find peace of mind and yage might be a step on the way -or it might be a step towards a mental institution... I´ll be 56 soon and I guess this is my last chance going the adventerous route, I´ll be in good company, do the dieta, quit my meds in time etc. Let´s see what comes of it.

Bipolarity is serious, my son has it too, but sometimes I wonder how much of this is do to society, other peoples expectations, "the fast lane"....
I shall attempt to navigate between the two 'Ws' above ('waveguide' and 'Weird') because I find much value in both.

The late Paul Watzlawick -- via Wikipedia -- "was one of the most influential figures at the Mental Research Institute and lived and worked in Palo Alto, California." A colleague of Watzlawick's named Heinz von Foerster fondly evangelized about Watzlawick's and his incredulity with psychiatry's bible: the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders or DSM. von Foerster, in typical tongue-in-cheek fashion, would often paraphrase Watzlawick on how homosexuality was cured by the printing press because as Watzlawick pointed out only the early editions of the DSM listed homosexuality in its annals of mental disorders, but more recent ones do not include it.

So, friend Runt, if someone says something is so, does it really exist in-the-world or, more specifically, in you?

The late American philosopher Richard Rorty who repudiated philosophy maintained that truth is always something that a bunch of us agree is true. Think of Thomas Kuhn's The Structure of Scientific Revolutions fifty years ago, and how Western world perception evolved after Galileo offered his telescope for viewing.

A brilliant biologist, Humberto Maturana, maintains that evolution is more likely a matter of conservation: as in, what manner of living do you conserve.

I say and offer all this to you in a loving manner. I have walked something quite similar to yours, including the matter of 'family lineages'. My rebirth came about when I validated Watzlawick and von Foerster, and invalidated DSM and its major sponsor Big Pharma.

Good luck to us all.

Runt

Lots of interesting thoughts and reflections, thanks.

I´m a pretty adventurous person, I get lots of kicks (we bipolar people are good at that) and -all in all- I guess I´d like peace of mind, a bit more satisfaction etc. My road to yage wasn´t just "oh Sting did it" instead I started by looking in to LSD research from the 60´s and one thing led to another. Pretty rational process. I think.

waveguide

Veteran
My road to yage wasn´t just "oh Sting did it"
hilarious :tiphat: i didn't know, but but that totally fits in with the rest of the tavistock bullshit, he's deffo the "yage to soccer mom" agent..

good luck :)

thought - lots of "people" (well, images of people) put on a good show of being happy and well adjusted. but maybe they're all shitters who work for tavistock, like it's said, being well-adjusted to bullshit isn't healthy.

autonomy in society has been brutally murdered. personally, i'm thinking if someone shoots me in the head between the eyes, good health isn't about standing upright and feeling great, good health is about falling over and knowing whoever shot me is a cocksucker.

between where i am and the ground, i will gladly say, fuck all the tavistock cryptocrat cocksuckers, and i hope you all know, because it ain't fucking hard to figure out how and why they make this shit suck so fucking hard.

fuck them :tiphat: every day, all the time, really hard.

Runt

Well I´m off the meds and a bit jumpy but after years of lithium and you name it who wouldn´t be? Sleep is so-so but my pain levels (osteoarthritis) have gone through the roof -trying paracetamol and valerian root. I just bought some new seeds for my next grow CBD medical strains so let´s see how they work. Leaving for South America in a few weeks...I´m a bit frightened but I guess that´s normal :)

Status
Not open for further replies.