What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Biopiracy in the search for Landraces.<--on going discussion, please be civil in your choice of words and grammer.

romanoweed

and a couple other substential Reports that i just cant find them easily go like this:

1) I smoked 70s Laos - quote: i flew into space for about 5 Minutes, it was like travelling into Space..quote

2) I smoked 70s Vietnamese - quote: i was merging with the Concrete i sat on, it was special to watch it happen.. quote

3) And the best smokereport stays a secret.

Thank you for listening. And no , i didnt find these out, i tried staying objective, and thats what they said.
Anyone understanding a bit about psychedelic Effects recognizes what they mean, to a degree theyre very well known States and Effects of Drugs.

Last edited:

revegeta666

Not to be contrarian and I am sure old school weed could have crazy effects, not arguing that ok?

Just saying, I can't trust strangers' opinions on strains on the internet. Take a look at this review in the Congo thread by ace. I have grown a few of these and the effect is very mild, energising and makes you want to do stuff. Somehow this guy says he was seeing CARTOON DOGS COMING OUT OF THE RUG. Yea sure buddy, you surely did. You just can't trust smoke reports on the internet. There are just too many retards.
IMG_20220917_152813.jpg

So infuriating 🤣

zaprjaques

According to Greg Gerdeman PhD, on the Shaping fire podcast with Shango Los, It has been testified in front of a congress in ~1937 in the USA by a psychologist of Temple University, that consuming 'marijuana' turned him into a bat, and he flew around the room.
How bout' that...?

romanoweed

Thank you too, for slightly minimizing your Conclusion a minimal degree .(i guess you conclude its the same today)
-

If you are experienced with Psychedelics. Often people reach very similar states,

do you recognize any State in the Smokereports i found, or in the one you found?
And if you are experienced with Psychedelics, you eventually have a favorite, or highest State ?
Wich one is it.. if you had to choose one..

SO, are the Smokereports i found the state you would choose, or are the Smokereports i found the hgihest, how would you rate that?
How would you conclude? (ask yourselve these uestions) .
do you rather fly trough speace or would you rather have the Dog - oriental rug .

(inexpoerienced can anwser themselve the same, you rather fly torugh space or have some dogs-wallpaper? )

revegeta666

Thank you too, for slightly minimizing your Conclusion a minimal degree .(i guess you conclude its the same today)
-

If you are experienced with Psychedelics. Often people reach very similar states,

do you recognize any State in the Smokereports i found, or in the one you found?
And if you are experienced with Psychedelics, you eventually have a favorite, or highest State ?
Wich one is it.. if you had to choose one..

SO, are the Smokereports i found the state you would choose, or are the Smokereports i found the hgihest, how would you rate that?
How would you conclude? (ask yourselve these uestions) .
do you rather fly trough speace or would you rather have the Dog - oriental rug .

(inexpoerienced can anwser themselve the same, you rather fly torugh space or have some dogs-wallpaper? )
Im not sure if you are asking me personally. If so, yes I am familiar with psychedelics. My favourite of all time were the LSD cardboards they made in the year 2000 commemorating some Albert Hoffman anniversary. "Bicicletas 2000" they used to call them here and they had the classic design from the 70s with a bicycle on it. Beautiful high, the kind that makes you look inside and come to some revelations about your life. Also some of the more visual mushrooms i grew a while back (Cambodian I think?) made me see all the trees breathing in unison with me, and the cars driving by the street seemed to be stopped, and the street pavement itself was moving carrying the cars like a river. I like all parts of the spectrum if that answers your question :) I don't really understand the part about minimizing my conclusions to a minimal degree though. Maybe you could explain for even stupider people like me?

romanoweed

forget the minimizing, i did thank you how you speak. (sorry my bad English )

and yes, you dont have to believe the reports. thats normal. thats right.

however I CLAIM that the Reports are true. thats bacause? ....
Once you can accept that without complaining (speaking to whoever might try) , i said accept, just let it as is and dont talk it down. (to differ from blind beleiving).
then there is have a basis to specualte what happens to Landraces today..

(In buissnes specualtions are used to increase chances for succes, about something that you dont 100 percent know. Say you wanna sell this, or that, then you specualte, you find things you see as likely, once you defined which things are likely, you handle from this specualtion. Eg. you think green iphone will sell cause you see demand for it, then you start buld a iphone factory)
(EG. if you think , old landraces tripreports sound kinda true, moreso then todays landraces tripreports sound true, or you think they sound better, then you go and think how to propagate old Landraces, and whats in its way) .

zaprjaques

@romanoweed
I'd really like to either feel motivated, creative in the flow state, good for work or daytime activites, or chill out after a hard day, different cultivars will do that for me.

i dont have much to chose from, either i'm beeing gifted something by somebody or my own very limited and sloppy results at growing my own.

Almost none of the breeder descriptions seems to match my experience with their product. Cultivation methods or terroirs in general might also modulate the outcome a lot.

Also i know people with different tolerance levels, so their opinion on the different varieties seem to not want to align with my opinions.

Sometimes, even the same herb will have varying effect on different days. Sometimes i would call them consistent.

And thats what weed is kind of doing to me and my endocannabinoid system and psyche.

Maybe, the super trippy stuff that many seem to have experienced, wasnt the 'crowdpleaser' to begin with.
Probably in remote cultures or whatever, the shaman or some spiritual person had his own private headstash that wasnt just for everybody.

I dont have any experience with psychedelics and dont think i really want to, maybe that will change one day but for now i'm really thankful for herb that wont have me 'tripping ballz', whatever that means, i associate it with rather unpleasant overdosing on certain varieties, mostly commercial herb.

Maybe lots of you have had very pleasant experiences in that realm, i'm sure i cant really relate.

I wasnt trying to discredit any smoke reports, i've had my share of strongly perception bending smokes in my life, i just cant recall any i found pleasant.

who knows what special type of herbs existed in the past, and what type of cannabinoid cocktails they created to repell certain insects or something, maybe that type of bug went extinct 200 years ago or arjan had an expedition to that valley just recently.

So yeah i tend to believe you @romanoweed , with the exception of multiple reported levitations, i think dj short was saying that about imported african herb he was getting in detroit 1970 to 1980 ish.
that would really have revolutionized the way we travel and co2 emissions in general.
probably the motown car industry wasnt trying to hear that.

Thank you @Firecityseeds and @Gypsy Nirvana for sharing the hands-on experiences of collecting seeds in remote places, and for the insights on local ecological realities that wont quite compare to our own.

Kinda like those star trek episodes where they try not to interfere with people of planets that arent on the same technology or knowledge level, but more real and also a bit sad if you let it get to you, to realise what powers and influence money can have, once again.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
So Gypsy, for your own economic pleasure you WANT Greenhouse Seeds and their practices spread across the world and to advertise on your site?
You think its okay how they destroy landraces in the push for profit at any means? And destroy the native economies? Is that your business model?

Going to ban me after this?
Greenhouse seeds? - I'm not aware of their 'practices' - whatever they are - and no - they don't advertise here -

- Can you give me some proof that Greenhouse Seeds have destroyed any native economies - that would be outrageous - if it is as you say so -
- and why should I ban you - for having a conversation? - lol

PandoraSeedBank

Boutique Breeder
I personally don't like to use the word landrace, I prefer to say local varieties.

Were better in the 60-70s? don't know. I wasn't there yet to compare but there would be more variety for sure.

That is why I say that we keep what each person considers best.

And in my experience, psychedelic cannabis still exists.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Lol... good point. Personally I believe there should be a minimum of differentiation from standard cannabis plants... and I don't see anything so unique it would be patentable.

GMO... yeah, but I'm against those in general. lol

Last edited:

fArside617

Lol... good point. Personally I believe there should be a minimum of differentiation from standard cannabis plants... and I don't see anything so unique it would be patentable.

GMO... yeah, but I'm against those in general. lol
Ok, So what your saying is there is little genetic variance from parent to hybrid to begin with so patenting is unreasonable.
I fully agree.
This is for a short paper btw, so thanks for the back and forth its helped put things into perspective.

fArside617

Greenhouse seeds? - I'm not aware of their 'practices' - whatever they are - and no - they don't advertise here -

- Can you give me some proof that Greenhouse Seeds have destroyed any native economies - that would be outrageous - if it is as you say so -

interesting article about who to trust:
Thank you!

fArside617

Yes, farside, Arjan and his crew believe in a strictly commercial bit of piracy. They take the good landrace stock for themselves then leave hybrid crap to pollute and ruin the landrace stock. That way he has the strain and the world no longer does.
Nice, huh?
Man your talking the strain hunters guys???

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
My pleasure and glad to help. Keep in mind my point of view is solely based on the information I have available. :) I do understand there are many types of plants which have already been patented.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Grow a bunch of seeds from the same mom knocked up by the same dad. There will be variations. How is the patent gonna cover that?

Personally I am against the idea of patenting life.

grayeyes

I think in their video to Malawi they showed the 'strain hunters' trading feminized seeds to the growers for their good seeds. The feminized seeds won't reproduce so the growers lose their ability to grow crops thus destroying their livelyhood.

Thank Gypsy, not every board owner is so agreeable.

Latest posts

Latest posts