What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bilys watery wonderland

Billybob. Your plants look awesome. So, I think you said you were top feeding. Do you top feed from start to finish... or do you stop the top feeding after the roots hit the water?

Thanks!

bigbadbillybob

I have airstones in the pots and the spray bars are on 24/7 from start to finish.
the spray bars- they are for producing dissolved oxygen in the solution.

cheers

I have airstones in the pots and the spray bars are on 24/7 from start to finish.
the spray bars- they are for producing dissolved oxygen in the solution.

cheers

I had a closer look and it looks like the spray bars kinda spray around the net pots, but not directly on top of them/the hydroton...like a drip spike would.

If that's the case, how do you start your plants...just hand feeding until the roots hit the water?

bigbadbillybob

Yes Horse, tough crowd, but I will just have to put some effort in next time maybe lol.

hi, I use a aeroponic cloner and put them in system when roots are long enough to hit bottom of the netpots. I don't topfeed directly to hydroton, it would mess with the ph etc.

weighed a few up today, 692 grams from 2 x criticals, and 712g from the SAD, and 2x cream caramels.
the others are still moist, still drying are the 2x moby and 2x blackjacks, but 49 ounces or 3 lbs isn't a bad start for 5 plants id say.

cheers doodes

bigbadbillybob

just to finish of this diary, I weighed up the other plants.
the blackjacks, 2 of them, did a total of 28 ounces
the moby dicks-2 of them too, did 426 &378 or 15 and 13.5 ounces.
pretty good going, im happy with that.

cheers, and bye :tiphat:

bigbadbillybob

no mate I don't really like many pure sativas, to be honest.
My ceiling height is 2.6 metres (8.5 feet), and the lights usually are as high as they will go with hybrid indica/sativas.
I am thinking about another run,ive got some cuts of critical+2, moby dick, and black D.O.G. as well as some uk psychosis x kalischnapple seeds (psychotropics). I also thought about using half the room and doing a big scrog.
I just don't know though, I don't really need any more, ive got enough weed to last me the year out, I did almost 3 kilos off this last lot.

cheers for popping in

But I probably will do the psychotropics.

no mate I don't really like many pure sativas, to be honest.
My ceiling height is 2.6 metres (8.5 feet), and the lights usually are as high as they will go with hybrid indica/sativas.
I am thinking about another run,ive got some cuts of critical+2, moby dick, and black D.O.G. as well as some uk psychosis x kalischnapple seeds (psychotropics). I also thought about using half the room and doing a big scrog.
I just don't know though, I don't really need any more, ive got enough weed to last me the year out, I did almost 3 kilos off this last lot.

cheers for popping in

But I probably will do the psychotropics.

Me, I love a nice sativa...but they can be challenging to grow indoors and the yield is less (most likely).

bigbadbillybob

next run beans are soaking...
dinafems blue cheese, moby dick and critical+2.
im also doing some breeding and have a few psychotropics in mud.

thanks for following this grow, bye

bigbadbillybob

hello again, well im into another grow, this time i had major root problems so i flipped them early, just to get this grow finished.
its 4 x blue cheese from dinafem -great strain this is, perfect for evening chilling, tasty and strong, and the other side has 2 x moby dick and 2 x critical+2 from dinafem.
i flipped them 2 weeks ago, budsites showing and should be down in about 8 weeks

these are no where near as good as my last run but well, gotta take the rough with the smooth, im on a damage limitation excercise with these ha ha

for my next lot im doing 5 pots down the right hand side, and im removing the 4 on the left and putting a 2 pot system seperately, into which im gonna aim for a kilo plant, thats the plan anyway, my pb so far is 760 odd grams from one plant....
should be fun, im going with pineapple express or dinafems big kush, which i grew before and scored about 16 ounces off, with a 5 week veg. next time im gonna veg them for twice that and hope i dont run out o headroom.

these are no where near as good as my last run but well, gotta take the rough with the smooth, im on a damage limitation excercise with these ha ha

for my next lot im doing 5 pots down the right hand side, and im removing the 4 on the left and putting a 2 pot system seperately, into which im gonna aim for a kilo plant, thats the plan anyway, my pb so far is 760 odd grams from one plant....
should be fun, im going with pineapple express or dinafems big kush, which i grew before and scored about 16 ounces off, with a 5 week veg. next time im gonna veg them for twice that and hope i dont run out o headroom.

Lookin good from here! A kilo plant sounds cool! Will need bigger lights no?

bigbadbillybob

no im actually planning on reducing the lighting,
Not only am i trying for a kilo plant, im gonna try for a gram per watt at the same time, (talk about optimism eh).
The plan is to use a 600 mh/hps over the top, and 2 x 240w quantum boards for the sides.

im hopefull it should be enough for the kilo.

no point in doing something if its not a challenge ?

i did look into using Heaths flip flop lighting, but am struggling to find the proper relay and am a bit scared that the switchover from hot to cold light will f*ck the ballast..

no im actually planning on reducing the lighting,
Not only am i trying for a kilo plant, im gonna try for a gram per watt at the same time, (talk about optimism eh).
The plan is to use a 600 mh/hps over the top, and 2 x 240w quantum boards for the sides.

im hopefull it should be enough for the kilo.

no point in doing something if its not a challenge ?

i did look into using Heaths flip flop lighting, but am struggling to find the proper relay and am a bit scared that the switchover from hot to cold light will f*ck the ballast..

There was a guy a long time ago that was growing big trees with 600w lights...is that Heath? Sounds familiar.

bigbadbillybob

yes mate that would probably have been Heath Robinson,
but there are others who have done trees some justice too.
Just hope that i can too....

Oh man. I remember seeing Heath's grows. Giant trees...like 2-3lbs each or something crazy. That's quite a while ago now. I'm glad you brought up his name cause I never woulda remembered! But I remember the plants!

Man...that's what you're shootin for? Like a Heath grow!

If I remember correctly he had 600's all the way around..and yeah the flip flop lighting....dwc...general hydroponics. I Think that's all I can remember.

bigbadbillybob

yes, that was him, he scored some crazy numbers, 70 odd ounces from 1500watts and 50 odd ounce with 900 watt.

mine wont be near those numbers.

ive given up on the flip flop relays, im not convinced that the ballasts wont frazzle with the changeover form one hot 600 to a cold one, without some form of delay.

potty1

Good to see you on here...i contribute a little on the UK forum you post on
Tougher crowd on here though but the UK section are a friendly bunch :grouphug:

bigbadbillybob

yeah, thank you man.
i think you're right its a bit friendlier and more encouraging on some other forums, but im not complaining i dont feel the need to have my ego stroked ha ha .

im just happy these places exist, i wish they did when i started out...would have saved a lot of fuckups

Latest posts

Latest posts