What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bilys watery wonderland

bigbadbillybob

They are now nearly 2 weeks in the system and looking ok, the roots are just starting to get into the water and the plants look healthy, so im pretty happy with them. Still on 0.8ec, ph is 6.0.

The 3 plants are from l-r 2 No cream caramel and a Sweet afghan delicious s1.

bigbadbillybob

well I almost killed them, by adding what I thought was a little bleach to rid my res of algae.
ive never had algae in the res before now, so added a tiny bit of bleach, but the plants took a nose dive leaves turned brown and crispy and the almost keeled over completely. Next day I changed the res and they are back on track, but have lost about a week of growth due to the stress. but they are turning into lovely little bushes

I have topped all the main stems and will flip in a week or so, wanna see them?
course you do blackjack, cream caramel and a groupshot of 2 blackjack and 1 cream caramel

the other side of the room is a mixed bag, the moby dick are looking great, the critical+2 are looking not so great, the bleaching took its toll the most on them, but hey ho.. they look a bit rough now, but in a couple of weeks they will be fine..

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well I almost killed them, by adding what I thought was a little bleach to rid my res of algae.
ive never had algae in the res before now, so added a tiny bit of bleach, but the plants took a nose dive leaves turned brown and crispy and the almost keeled over completely. Next day I changed the res and they are back on track, but have lost about a week of growth due to the stress. but they are turning into lovely little bushes

I have topped all the main stems and will flip in a week or so, wanna see them?
course you do blackjack, cream caramel and a groupshot of 2 blackjack and 1 cream caramel

the other side of the room is a mixed bag, the moby dick are looking great, the critical+2 are looking not so great, the bleaching took its toll the most on them, but hey ho.. they look a bit rough now, but in a couple of weeks they will be fine..[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77588&pictureid=2008194&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77588&pictureid=2008195&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77588&pictureid=2008196&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Nice to see them recovering bigbadbillybob and a good clean set up too best of luck :good:

bigbadbillybob

Yes they are recovered now and growing again, ive noticed a difference even in the past couple of days. i topped pretty much all the branches, and they have bounced right back...great!!

As for the white pots- no, no issues with the white containers.
ive used this system for a couple of years constant, without any problems.
Before that I used the same buckets as dwc pots for probably another 2-3 years constant, no issues.
The plastic on them is thicker than a lot of cheapo buckets, which might help, but when I ran them as dwc I also ran black pots (alien RDWC system), in the same big tent, and there was no difference between the plants size or health, so im sticking with them.

Bobby Boucher

Reflectix? The algae is caused by the light penetration. Added bonus, it’ll pay for itself by removing a rather large load from your chiller. Even just running a sheet across the tops of the containers if you don’t feel like wrapping and taping the damn things up. Maybe one hung across the sides.

I’d run some zone or use snypes pool shock formula. Bleach can be hit or miss without an orp meter, as you’re seeing.

Just my 2 cents. Worth what it cost ya.

bigbadbillybob

im in the uk so cant get those, but no worries, its cleared up now anyway. I don't normally get this in the res, I dunno where it came from, but the res has a lid which is usually on as well, to keep the errant light out.
here they are today, 2 days after the last pics. you can see the difference, they are into turbo mode now.

bigbadbillybob

what a difference a few days make.
here they are this morning, ready for flip- booooom!!
they are all pretty well recovered from the bleach incident and the 2nd round of topping shows there are many more heads …
heres some moby dick beasts, after only 4 WEEKS in the system!! mid=77588&pictureid=2009334&thumb=1[/img][/url]

The critical+2s are a bit smaller, here they are in the last pic. :tiphat:

bigbadbillybob

They are ready for flip, so lights are going off tomorrow morning.
ive added another light to the room for some seedlings im doing in , shhhhh, mud!!
the temps are stable at 26 degrees, but that's probably because the outside temp is about 2 degrees.

feeds are at 1.1/1.2ec and ph is at 6.0.
cheers laddies and lassies!!!

Hoots mon

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice to see the new fan cutting the temp down m8 and yes youre lucky with the meltdown on the room glad it never done to much damage m8 we live and learn best of luck with the grow :tiphat:

Mist

Nice setup! And it's also nice to see another Ionic user. I've been using their nutrients for many years and found them to be the most stable and easy to use. I've tried a few others over the years, but always gone back. The only other thing I use is the open sesame, beasty bloom and cha ching during flowering for an extra boost.

bigbadbillybob

Yes, I too love the IOnic range, its stable, predictable and produces the goods. its also cheaper than most, which helps my inner Scotsman..lol
here they are today, I flipped them late last week, the moby dicks have gone bananas, and the critical+2 isn't far behind now, which is good. not much stretch so far.

bigbadbillybob

and on the other side of the room is the cream caramel, and a cream cara and sweet afghan delicious s1.
I changed out th res and managed to repair my twin variac controller. temps are a bit low during lights out at 17.5 so I added another 2kw heater in there which should get them up over 20 degrees, I hope. lights on temps are sitting around 25/27 which is great . happy days....

Ive now got 3kw of lights and 4kw of electric heating going, no wonder ive been nominated for customer of the month by my electric company..ffs.

bigbadbillybob

hello again, here we are trudging through the doldrums, aka the first week of 12 12.
not much happening, a little bit of stretch but not too much.
I split the stem of a moby dick wit the grids, but its bareley noticed. I taped it together but its not slowed it down any.

And the blackjacks are stretching a little bit, getting bigger.
here are a few blackjacks
lots of heads on them, which hopefully = lots of bud.

bigbadbillybob

and the cream caramel, not showing any pistils just yet, but they wont be far away.

I will change out the metal halides in a week or so, for the dual spec HPS.
Feeds are 1.2ec, ph is 5.7 today

bigbadbillybob

morning all?:tiphat::bongsmi:

things are getting a bit jungle-ist.
we are about 11/12 days into 12 12 and stretch is full on !:woohoo:

first signs of pistils from the cream caramel and sad s1
heres some moby and critical pics,
I hope they don't get much bigger.