What's new

Bill Gates

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran

no idea about her being evil.

maybe she's the exception that proves the rule eh?

but even if she's a perfect human being, i don't think she should be a billionaire, communism for the billionaires i say. strip them of their wealth, set up a hedge fund, use the profits to give all citizens free health care and education with the profits.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
no idea about her being evil.

maybe she's the exception that proves the rule eh?

but even if she's a perfect human being, i don't think she should be a billionaire, communism for the billionaires i say. strip them of their wealth, set up a hedge fund, use the profits to give all citizens free health care and education with the profits.

she made good investments, why should she NOT be rich? if you want to tax the obscenely rich until they are but lowly scum multi-millionaires, i'm all for it. but...remove their ability to profit from investments, and watch them (& the money you want to invest) disappear. those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat its errors...ask Great Britain about what they learned from their experiment with a 99% tax rate.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
she made good investments, why should she NOT be rich? if you want to tax the obscenely rich until they are but lowly scum multi-millionaires, i'm all for it. but...remove their ability to profit from investments, and watch them (& the money you want to invest) disappear. those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat its errors...ask Great Britain about what they learned from their experiment with a 99% tax rate.

my policy might need some fine tuning eh? i only came up with it on the spur of the moment, lmao.

Cannavore

Veteran
billionaires should be taxed at near 100% rates on any income generated that exceeds 1 billion and 1 dollars. it's a proven statistic that employers and the owner class have stolen nearly $50 trillion dollars from the middle and lower classes of the US over the past 50 or whatever years. this is why every economic chart shows stuff like worker productivity and ceo to worker pay ratio has increased heavily over the decades, but wages for basically everyone who isn't in the 1% has remained flat when adjusting for inflation for 50+ years.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
billionaires should be taxed at near 100% rates on any income generated that exceeds 1 billion and 1 dollars. it's a proven statistic that employers and the owner class have stolen nearly $50 trillion dollars from the middle and lower classes of the US over the past 50 or whatever years. this is why every economic chart shows stuff like worker productivity and ceo to worker pay ratio has increased heavily over the decades, but wages for basically everyone who isn't in the 1% has remained flat when adjusting for inflation for 50+ years.

Ask your congress folk to revamp tax laws. 40 years ago there were debates on 15% straight tax. I agreed then, agree now. Not enough people/taxpayers were engaged in that solution, so the rich chose it with mega loop holes. It's not Gates, Dell, Musk, Bloomberg, Soros, Buffet's choice....they go by existing tax laws.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbes...ivers-the-25-most-philanthropic-billionaires/

See how some billionaires are making a difference by donating. Didn't see DJT on that list.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Ask your congress folk to revamp tax laws. 40 years ago there were debates on 15% straight tax. I agreed then, agree now. Not enough people/taxpayers were engaged in that solution, so the rich chose it with mega loop holes. It's not Gates, Dell, Musk, Bloomberg, Soros, Buffet's choice....they go by existing tax laws.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbes...ivers-the-25-most-philanthropic-billionaires/

See how some billionaires are making a difference by donating. Didn't see DJT on that list.

lol, do you hear yourself, its not the guys buying politicians, bribing and lobbying government for tax breaks to blame, for unfair tax systems?

Cannavore

Veteran
lol, do you hear yourself, its not the guys buying politicians, bribing and lobbying government for tax breaks to blame, for unfair tax systems?

they don't get it. i have this problem with my rightie friends in real life too. they somehow think the government has it's own objectives and favors the rich, rather than the rich owning the fucking govt lol.

Cannavore

Veteran
Q: Why don't wages keep up with productivity?

wagescompensation-1200x1093.jpg?width=960.png

A: Because the rich and powerful are stealing from you

1460.png

Cannavore

Veteran
The Top 1% of Americans Have Taken $50 Trillion From the Bottom 90%—And That's Made the U.S. Less Secure

https://time.com/5888024/50-trillion...ality-america/

"According to a groundbreaking new working paper by Carter C. Price and Kathryn Edwards of the RAND Corporation, had the more equitable income distributions of the three decades following World War II (1945 through 1974) merely held steady, the aggregate annual income of Americans earning below the 90th percentile would have been $2.5 trillion higher in the year 2018 alone. That is an amount equal to nearly 12 percent of GDP—enough to more than double median income—enough to pay every single working American in the bottom nine deciles an additional $1,144 a month. Every month. Every single year.

Price and Edwards calculate that the cumulative tab for our four-decade-long experiment in radical inequality had grown to over $47 trillion from 1975 through 2018. At a recent pace of about $2.5 trillion a year, that number we estimate crossed the $50 trillion mark by early 2020. That’s $50 trillion that would have gone into the paychecks of working Americans had inequality held constant—$50 trillion that would have built a far larger and more prosperous economy—$50 trillion that would have enabled the vast majority of Americans to enter this pandemic far more healthy, resilient, and financially secure."

mowood3479

Veteran
The Top 1% of Americans Have Taken $50 Trillion From the Bottom 90%—And That's Made the U.S. Less Secure

"According to a groundbreaking new working paper by Carter C. Price and Kathryn Edwards of the RAND Corporation, had the more equitable income distributions of the three decades following World War II (1945 through 1974) merely held steady, the aggregate annual income of Americans earning below the 90th percentile would have been $2.5 trillion higher in the year 2018 alone. That is an amount equal to nearly 12 percent of GDP—enough to more than double median income—enough to pay every single working American in the bottom nine deciles an additional $1,144 a month. Every month. Every single year.

Price and Edwards calculate that the cumulative tab for our four-decade-long experiment in radical inequality had grown to over $47 trillion from 1975 through 2018. At a recent pace of about $2.5 trillion a year, that number we estimate crossed the $50 trillion mark by early 2020. That’s $50 trillion that would have gone into the paychecks of working Americans had inequality held constant—$50 trillion that would have built a far larger and more prosperous economy—$50 trillion that would have enabled the vast majority of Americans to enter this pandemic far more healthy, resilient, and financially secure."

If I had any faith in government I’d hope someday this trend would reverse.. but I don’t have faith. I think it’s going to get much worse.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran

oh but Canavore, the poor billionaires are creating huge tax exempt foundations with their billions, i mean they are so generous, we must love our billionaires, they deserve to loot nations, they deserve to privatise essential services to wring them dry and let them crumble while they extract as much as humanly possible without causing revolution. they deserve to have patents on covid vaccines in a so called pandemic, they deserve to rip governments off for ppe, they deserve to ask poor countries to write over fishing and water rights in case they don't pay the large vaccine bills. without these guys the world would be boring and way too prosperous. lets be honest, us little people wouldn't be happy with too much financial stability. also don't you know what a nice guy Bill is, (he pets his dog you know.)

he is gonna save us all, so why shouldn't he keep amassing more billions while people are losing everything. same with Bezos, why should he stop getting wealthier just because its a world wide pandemic? its just too much to ask. you can go bankrupt no problem, but not our lords the billionaires. i hope everyone gets it now and stops being so mean to the poor fucking billionaires. they are people too you know.

Last edited:

St. Phatty

all you need to know about gates is that he has doubled his fortune since he "gave" half away to avoid tax and instead spend what he'd pay in tax as he pleases, funding foundations that will keep his money safe from any government tax agency while letting him influence the course of world events with that money. the more of us get vaccinated the more money flows into his pockets and the vast empire of politician and ceos he controls.

same for Bezos after his divorce.

The stock market has been very good to MS & Amazon.

armedoldhippy

Veteran

agree with you. 99% on everything OVER a negotiated amount would work for me. you know, 1% of a billion still aint bad money...like...10 million? if they can't live on that, let them die.

imiubu

Had to look up Rand Corp. My mind was swirling around while trying to marry the "Rand" with
the Ayn Rand Institute. :whistling:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
either that or you do a 50 year jubilee where you strip all billionaires down to a few million and let them start over. no one needs more then 50 million maximum and any income made on that should be 50/50 you can't just let money hoarders bring the world to poverty so a very few can be obscenely wealthy on their backs. these massive funds are like a magnet for more profit, they totally distort the playing field. these obscenely wealthy people have proven they can not be trusted, they buy off politicians to gain even more, even when they already have billions. its a sickness, they will not stop until they own everything.

Gry

Veteran
either that or you do a 50 year jubilee where you strip all billionaires down to a few million and let them start over. no one needs more then 50 million maximum and any income made on that should be 50/50 you can't just let money hoarders bring the world to poverty so a very few can be obscenely wealthy on their backs. these massive funds are like a magnet for more profit, they totally distort the playing field. these obscenely wealthy people have proven they can not be trusted, they buy off politicians to gain even more, even when they already have billions. its a sickness, they will not stop until they own everything.

Without a doubt, you are indeed correct, but they also like to avoid the ire of the masses.
They have as you have shown a history of being willing to make "adjustments" from time to time, to assure the continuance.
Would appear there is division within as to how it is to happen this time around.

armedoldhippy

Veteran

had an acquaintance with a t-shirt that read - "he who dies with the most, wins". we mocked him "you can't take it with you, lol"