What's new

BigGreens Undercurrent attack 4K (Co2)

BigGreen

Veteran
The UCs would be easy to build but then u have to source parts and go get em, get em shipped what ever I dont want to waste the time to save a couple hundred bucks

As far as being as good as rdwc its the same thing just more oxygen and water movement and simple as hell. I love the things they pretty much run on auto pilot for a week at a time then flush every 2 weeks

Watch what these girls do in here some have 10 gal roots balls already they will produce some fruits

Desert Hydro

Veteran
im looking forward to the finish. im sure you are too lol. i just bought my system yesterday! im excited. got 18 sites of ebb and grow and im ready to rock under 3 600's as soon as my coco grow finishes. good luck!

BigGreen

Veteran
Here we are 23 days bloom

These are really nice size for this strain at 23 days in. Co2 is the shits

Already sticky as hell. I did the final leg shavings today and had to wear a tyvek suit and gloves nasty sticky
Cant wait to trim em

Enjoy
BG

Feijao

BigGreen can you tell me about how high you keep the lights from the top of the canopy? They look quite a bit higher than I keep mine. I would love to get some more coverage and raise them a little. Great looking grow by the way!

BigGreen

Veteran
I think there about 2 ft above the tops I may raise them a few inches more as well for better coverage

If you guys do not mind I would like to pull up a chair and watch this grow. Have been interested in undercurrent for some time now but as an outdoor grower I am a little intimidated by the knowledge needed to run one of these set-ups. I will be playing with coco and doing an indoor run fairly soon.

For sure I like what you are doing.

subscribed :tiphat:

BigGreen

Veteran
thanks guys and Indica come on in have a seat

I have more problems with coco I find the UC is easier once you know how vto run it

Keep goin

Hey BigGreen...very impressive show so far!!

There is no arguing with results, and man you've got em there...Just wondering how you find the noise factor with the UC system? I ran a BIG pump bio bucket set up with a waterfall for D.O. and just found it too loud for me. Do you find the UC to be pretty noisy? Or just common "hydro noise".

How easily does the system clean up? Do you need to dismantle it after each run? Or do you just run sterilizing solution through it and flush?

Last question...have you ever considered running a no dump res with that system? I would think with that much water being consumed so quickly you could probably pull it off without a problem? (I'm a big fan of no dump!)

Good Luck, Keep up the good work!!

BigGreen

Veteran
Well the when I walk into my grow all I pretty much here are all my fans not the UC. The air pumps are pretty quiet for the air they move

I dont break down the system all I do is add tap water with bleach and run it. I wipe the buckets out by hand with a rag, clean around the uniseals with a tooth brush and push this weird looking pipe broom looking thing threw the pipes.
It can be done fairly quick

I would not go no dump rez. After 2 weeks I can tell the girls want a change in nutes. Ive done live systems and sterile systems and everything just seems much happier with frequent nute change outs.
People do it with good results but I myself wont I like shit fresh

BigGreen

Veteran
Hoping so but Im bankin on 6 anything extra is bonus considering this is the 1st run in this room

Forgot to mention I dusted a few strains with some male Strawberry diesel pollin 2 days ago. Were gonna have SBD x Frostitute, SBD x Sourbubble and SBD x blue sat 2.2x oG
Gonna be intersting

Keep goin

Cool...thanks for getting back! Might have to give the UC a try...looks incredible.

What size would you say is right to send em...about 18-24" ??

Your "breeding" sounds interesting for sure!!

Keep goin

Yeah, I'm just wondering is it more like "tree" growing with larger veged plants going in...because of the "fixed" position of the unit?

I currently send mine anywhere from 6-8" (if I'm doing 9 in a 3x3) to 14 or 15" if I'm doing 4-6 in the same space. Ending up with 3.5' plants (approx) I end up screening them so ceiling height is what it is. I don't mind training to keep an even canopy.

Seems like the UC system would call for a 4x unit per 600w HPS (which is what I run). I would just think I would need to veg more than the 14-15" size...although the reason I'm asking is that you seem to be getting INSANE growth as soon as they get into the system!! So it might be exactly the same veg style I currently use...and they would just explode once they hit the system and fill in the area almost immediately during transition.

Thanks for the info... Your grow is inspirational....Thanks again

Highstone

Looking great! I've only ran advanced Connie w/tea in dwc, great results but fuck brewing the tea constantly is a pain in the ass. What strength do you run with the zone?

Latest posts

Latest posts