What's new

biggest fuck up when learning to grow

Didn't separate my flower and veg room and got seeded bud for an entire year worth of growing, it sucked but it gave me lots of practice working with seeds.

yerboyblue

I'm still in the process of making them. I'll make a list when I have it all sorted out. That's why I still use bagseed because it would break my heart to waste 'good' seed-stock..

GL with that bag seed Drift, the seeds could have came from some hermie plant that pollinated itself. I know some guys who tried growing some bag seed and ended up with plants that had like 12-bladed leaves and weird stuff like that, then all the plants started dying for no apparent reason part way into flower.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
2 words MIRACLE GROW 1 word HATEFEST

I was feeding outdoor tomatoes GH Flora and didn't like the results. I got some MG tomato formula and the instructions read a tablespoon per gallon, lol. That's almost 3 EC and ~4.5pH. I do 1/3 strength plus epsom and the results are so impressive I'm gonna try it on weed.

supermanlives

Veteran
miracle blow will never match organics in taste. yield will be great tho. i used there patio fert with good success i think it was.

ayatayo

-over feeding;
-taking a leaf with its petiole & treat it like a "cutting" in order to keep a clone (very ashamed by this one:pointlaug)

Using store bought soil

not agree...lot of grades/trademarks of potting soil sold on "regular" gardening stores...lot of them are perfectly suitable for MJ....there's even "bio" grade....maybe you were unlucky or bought the cheapest of the cheapest...grow shop product are very often over rated IMO...

oh, & bag seed could be very good for "training", & when you don't have access to seed market...when I see all the threads concerning growers' complaints after buying expensive seeds...

excellent thread...:tiphat:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
-over feeding;
-taking a leaf with its petiole & treat it like a "cutting" in order to keep a clone (very ashamed by this one:pointlaug)

That's a good one. My pops pulled that on me with tomatoes, lol. Lesson learned the hard way.

I've been growing about 6 years and surprised I haven't had a fan with axial calyx growth. I always wanted to root one and see if the calyx respond the same. Could be a bust harvest so I'm reluctant to try. Maybe when I get a bit more room... :tumbleweed:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My ex wanted to deal so bad it actually helped me to leave the bitch. Only partner I'll deal with is me.
hiya all, oh yes my friend if you have the bad luck to come across a goldigger,get the fuck out of dodge, peace s2

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
one time I accidently sprayed weed killer on my plants, thinking it was bug killer... nice big plants bout to go outside, killed all my plants.
Another time I sprayed all my plants with neem but made it too strong and killed all my plants.
once let my reservoir dry up, n killed all my plants.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
How about this one:

Letting anybody other then yourself water your plants. My best friend and girl watered my stuff when I was at ski camp or some crap in the middle of the winter. Needless to say I missed my clone window by 3 weeks due to the total PH shock involved with them feeding tap water to Ganja. The bucket I left with the adjust in it was sitting right nest to those yellow mother babies. And I didn't find out that shit for like 4-5 days.

Im all like go ahead and dry hump my bunk already

Had someone water my outdo once, ended up leavin the water on for 2 days strait, flushed everthing out the soil.

Max Headroom

Veteran
- PH-ing the water before adding ferts thinking that the nutes wouldn't change the ph.

- not understanding how humidity works
(leaving 10 plants in a tiny, poorly insulated room with the door closed for three days, circulating the air in the room AND the outside temp was below freezing = moldy walls)

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
love this thread

love this thread

Not using enough potting soil in the holes with outdoors plants. So often I spend all this time getting manure or compost to the site that I neglect bringing something as simple as promix. OD plants put in holes without enough straight potting soil to establish a big root system are sluggish to start, and hell in the Northeast the season is over before it begins if you aren't careful.

Not moving the light in the flower stage indoors and crisping the fan leaves on the top cola. THat sucks.

Not cutting big buds into small pieces to dry and throwing huge buds into the compost that are covered in mold/:?

Taking a clone from a friend and not spraying it with neem or Doc Doom immediately

- PH-ing the water before adding ferts thinking that the nutes wouldn't change the ph.

- not understanding how humidity works
(leaving 10 plants in a tiny, poorly insulated room with the door closed for three days, circulating the air in the room AND the outside temp was below freezing = moldy walls)

Lol. Canada myst be a tough place to grow. Not giving you shit, that sounds bad. Yeah chemical ferts are heavy ph changers, another place where OG is safer.

thinkin

nothing like running a complete grow
getting a great yield

but fuck it up on the last step..

jarring too early = mold