What's new

biggest fuck up when learning to grow

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
:) hiya all, just a bit of fun,,thinking of bad fuck ups when first started growing, i will start it off with one of my very early harvests, after cutting down drying i noticed my skunk1 buds looked odd and not like other buds already cured from same grow, cos they were very wispy buds,some had foxtailed[only fox i knew back then had 4 legs] etc, i made the decision to chuck 15oz in the bin but keep a bit back for my old friend[who was more educated at the time regarding diff types of weed strains etc ],to ask what had gone wrong, when he saw what i had chucked he freaked out, i had chucked 15oz of lovely sativa dominant buds in the fucking rubbish,gone forever, oh well live and learn, that was just under 11yrs ago and a hard lesson to swallow, well,thats my starter for one, cheers peace and safe growing s2:ying:

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
Worst mistake ever... hmmm

Well there was the year my mom found my first or second grow and told me if I didn't flush it down the toilet she would call the cops. Nice big buds wouldn't flush down the toilet and I ended up keeping them after she calmed down and I promised to get rid of the buds ASAP. I ended up having some really crispy dark green junk that could have been nice green OD smoke. To this day I wonder why I thought that stuff would ever flush down the toilet.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Over loving my plants. Given enough space they could overcome everything I did to them.

d3cryption

Veteran
1. losing a stash of seeds

2. not keeping clones

3. 1st coco grow without ph meter

4.not changing bulbs....

lessons learned.....

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not having enough light on my first grow ...... but other than that i lost a good mom cuz a buddy had a scare & threw everything away .

WelderDan

Veteran
Over fertilizing, ferting with the wrong NPK (high N during flower), etc. But hey, when you are in your teens and liberating loose ferts from the local farmers co-op storage yard, it's a crap shoot.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
Trying to have a love life and a grow life. It is a weapon they will use against you to force your hand.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Piling the whole crop into a carrier bag to dry, then coming back to mold.

Littleleaf

Veteran
Drying out a 12' monster out back of my shop in unfinished stoarge lockers. Had it drying in a truck bed under a wooden fence panel. Seen the kids running away with a couple big boxes. Couldn't chase them. I was in Oklahoma,a bad state to get cought with bud.
They did leave about a lb of small bud.

6 months later I was out getting the tail lights off the truck bed and seen the box I brought some of the bud in,under the bed. I looked in it a low a behold there was 1/2lb of well cured colas. It was some best tasting smoke.It was very dry but was ALL good.

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
How about this one:

Letting anybody other then yourself water your plants. My best friend and girl watered my stuff when I was at ski camp or some crap in the middle of the winter. Needless to say I missed my clone window by 3 weeks due to the total PH shock involved with them feeding tap water to Ganja. The bucket I left with the adjust in it was sitting right nest to those yellow mother babies. And I didn't find out that shit for like 4-5 days.

Im all like go ahead and dry hump my bunk already

supermanlives

Veteran
not storing seeds properly. i was paranoid and kept seeds seperate from grow/home. those storage units get hot ass hell if they aint climate contreolled. lost alot of seed.

1st crop of northern lights,in about the 6th week the calyx or whatever you call it started swellin up and i thought it was makin seeds. read everything i could find about hermies and finally cut em down,way tool early.they had just started to swell. scared the fk out of me...also when i was learnin to cure i left half oz in a jar too long and it molded. thought it was smellin funny but just figured it was good shit.lol...

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
..... overwatering my rare, expensive seedlings - killing them with kindness.

It took me a long time to catch on that less can be more.:watchplant:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hiya, one of my very grows, new york city diesal, took what seemed like forever, 2 days after cutdown was going on holiday, my 1st trip to jamaica, excited at bringing back some of theres to compare it to mine, everything looking great, xmas time as well, weather had been cold,but whilst i was away was gonna get quite mild, i had been giving the girls a bit of extra warmth at night just to make them comfortable, pissed off to jamaica and left radiator on,when i got back,my nycd buds just turned to near dust when handled and then found out i had lost seeds i had brought back also, fucking disaster and weather pissed down for 7 of the 10 days i was in ja, cant help but smile now,,,,,peace s2

Transporting plants to an outdoor spot in the middle of the night driving through an empty town with a tail light out. Then having the audacity to smoke a big doobie on the way so the vehicle reeked of weed. This is all in a state where they practically stone you to death for being a grower.

yerboyblue

1. Over-vegging
2. Not pruning enough (major PM issues for awhile)
3. Over fertilizing
4. Using baking soda and lemon juice as pH adjustments
5. Applying sprays toward end of flowering for mites and/or mildew
6. Using a dehumidifier to 'cure' buds faster

I've come a long way now.
album.php