What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Big Soil Little Room, Recycled soil trial

intotheunknown

Veteran
looking awesome!
so in your first post you explained you were using outside air to cool.
where are you dumping off the hot air?

W89

Veteran
Very nice grow bro, very professional I'm looking forward to seeing more :)

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah good work. You must be single, no woman would allow a huge freaking tea brewer in the bathtub would they!?

:smoweed:

G

growingcrazy

Really like the setup. Maybe build some beds to fit the room in the future?

B

BlueJayWay

Cool shit - I'm stealing your floors, is that cool? :D I love the floors, perfect design!

Plants are cool too ;). What's your plans after harvest - chop and plant new clones right in? No-till style? I'd love to see that!

FatherEarth

Veteran
looking awesome!
so in your first post you explained you were using outside air to cool.
where are you dumping off the hot air?

Outside.

In one end out the other. The lights are cooled with outside air as well. No drips ;)

Cool shit - I'm stealing your floors, is that cool?
biggrin.gif
I love the floors, perfect design!

Plants are cool too
wink.gif
. What's your plans after harvest - chop and plant new clones right in? No-till style? I'd love to see that!
Wont be stealing cause you can have them ;) Skip the chicken wire and make it accessible at least to your shop vac hose is my advice. I like things clean especially my floor and I cut away chicken wire in some places to get at the floor and clean it. some places are just straight funky. I spray Dr. Bronners soap as part of my IPM once a week. So, I spray under the floor and get at anything I cant reach. Dr. Bronners soap at 2oz per gallon melts exoskeletons of lots of insects. Nothing Ive seen compares to the carnage of Dr. B under the microscope. Ive used some harsh stuff in the past as desperate measures, until I found out about Bronners. For mites it kills all stages too and cheap as can be. thanks to that and Silicates combined with cleanliness I dont have bugs or mold, at least not ones that arent beneficial :p

After harvest I will add more worms, I forgot to mention I did that when I made the beds... More worms and some new woody compost. I will be gearing up for outside so the beds will just sit until I need them. Probably go ahead and amend so its nice and prime when Im ready to stick something in it.

Really like the setup. Maybe build some beds to fit the room in the future?
I was going to but opted to use the stuff I had on hand instead of buying more materials. I got lots of unused smarties, brand new. Also the arrangement allows me to maneuver in between the canopy and do any underbush trimming and or staking I may need. I nearly crawl or more like a hunched over walk under the canopy around the edges with one little alley to the middle. Not ideal but I dont really mind to be honest, its nice being surrounded by my plants. A forest of my own :)

Yeah good work. You must be single, no woman would allow a huge freaking tea brewer in the bathtub would they!?
The perfect woman wouldnt say a thing.. Although Ive been spending so much time with my plants Ive almost lost the woman a time or two..

Without further ado ...

FatherEarth

Veteran
@ Day 9 flowering
This is Url or Errl the 3rd strain hiding amongst the 101North only one of her in the whole grow, she’s something special
smile.gif

Here we have something unusual and a frightening event for any indoor grower. Normally Im in my room when the lights come on. With the exception, on this particular day I was at a gathering and missed ‘lights on’ by 4 hours. The controller was overloaded and flipped a breaker. (both dehueys plugged in at one receptacle) The controller is the brains to the exhaust on the room and the exhaust on the lights. I open the door to be hit in the face with sweltering heat, so hot I could not enter the room. My first thought was oh shit something is on fire, never felt anything that hot before with my face. The ceiling was dripping with water, I could see one of my battery powered thermometers on the wall reading 120 degrees, as high as it would read. Surprisingly all the plants had leaf tips pointed to the sky edges curling no doubt but not wilting. The night prior I watered heavy and with kelp extract and the usual dose of silicates molasses etc. Never seen anything like it. I tried to snap pics of the temp but the camera kept fogging up. I had to settle for some plant shots standing far away from the door using a broken zoom on my camera… notice the steam on the lenses of the lights...

No residual harm done at least that I could tell…

Latest posts

Latest posts