DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

View image in gallery

D

DHF

I wanna know where yas got a pic of my 34 yr old GF AD ......I mean fuck.....She ain`t bathin Mr D OR D9`s old ass if I got anything ta say bout it :moon: , and Icky`s bitchin bout stankin ass nuggage ?....things could be worse.....but.....

This forum`s on a slippery slope....I like it....

Ya`ll behave......or not.....:biggrin:.......

Peace.....Freds.....:ying:.....

Desert Hydro

Veteran
here's a shot of my first ppk getting started up. strain is chemmy jones. im looking for some advice on about what size to flip. i am running the 4 plant 5 light with a 1k in the middle and the corners are 600's. tent is 9.5 x 9.5. i am hanging a cage over each one for the training so im hoping headroom wont be an issue. my goal is to approach the GPW mark. nutes are jacks/calnit at 1.2 ec and at the moment they are flooding for one minute every 4 hours until they get established and then they will go every 1.5 hours or so

the first pic is when i was still rinsing the system. it isnt cloudy anymore.

Attachments

• IMG_1135.JPG
    IMG_1135.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1142.JPG
    IMG_1142.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1136.JPG
    IMG_1136.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1150.JPG
    IMG_1150.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 13

forkup

Somewhere around 3 foot by 3 foot minimum up to 4x4 I'd say. If that pheno is stretchy I'd be vegging vertically to.

Are those lower buckets light proof?

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
I'm using the 8-4-8-4 veg schedule and it's great.

I sweated the ph thing at first in my ppks but took D9s advice. My nutes (jacks) ph out to the 4.8 range. It gradually rose back to the 5.8 range where it floats around in that area.

I know you spoke on this before and I'll go back and try to find it but if you have time and feel like it can you explain what you think happens during the transition to flower? During veg I started at 1200ec but as they ate it down I bumped it to 1500ec to maintain the solution at around 1200ec. I'm currently right at 3 weeks flower and it has risen to the 1900ec range. Next time I refill I figure I'll drop it to 1000ec as some plants show a bit of curl but no tip burn yet. I would have assumed the plants would eat more not less which should cause EC to drop.

We all look forward to your complete recovery!

hey, i just saw this, i told you i was out of it!

the transition in nutrient uptake is most noticeable doing a unit grow where all plants are in the same phase of growth.

all through veg and the first 2.5 weeks approx of stretch the solution strength will be sharply pulled down. i feed at 600 ppm or ec 1.2 and it is not uncommon to get reservoir readings of 450-475 ppm during this phase. i don't have the equipment to find out for sure but i think it is mostly nitrate. the plants are bulking at high speed during both veg and stretch.

then, as the transition to flower occurs, at around the 2.5 week mark, i think the nitrate consumption backs off and this allows the solution to change from a heavy depletion mode to a slow accumulation mode.

if you just continue to feed at 600 ppm the accumulation is not rapid, is more manageable and easier to correct when necessary.

right now i run 2 systems, one for veg and one for flower. the veg system with a 600 ppm input always checks at about 475 ppm.

i have experimented with every strength input and found no gains in growth by using a higher input than 600 ppm in veg.

i'm running a lot of light in veg with the 1k on 16 hours now and the 400 soon to be 480 watts of flos on 24/7. in a 8 ft hexagon.

i can get an un-rooted cutting to 36-40 inches in 6 weeks total.

in flower i experimented with higher inputs in an attempt to match the co2 uptake rate and found that, yes indeed, i sure could get more growth by doing it there but stretch is the wrong time to induce excessive growth..

in the "demonic deluge" thread i completely filled a 29 x 9 x 7 ft room with vegetative growth with only 12 plants.

totally runaway stretch.

i barely got 7 lb's of "usable" bud and a pile of larf about 8 ft in diameter and 3 ft high.

whereas, with jacks at 600 ppm input i'm averaging 17-18 per plant now.

so, with jacks and this device i think you should run 600 ppm all the time.

i think this is more inline with professional greenhouse growers thinking on nutrients.

you find a balanced formula that is right for your plant and then feed it according to your perceptions of the nitrogen requirements at any given point in a plants life.

doing a unit grow like this allows you to fine tune somewhat as everything is in the same phase.

in my perpetual it's a compromise but seems to works out well enough as long as i keep inputs on the low side.

since this thread began i have only dumped and changed out the res one time. and then because it was dirty.

the flower res will run around 1200 ppm or ec 2.4 with an input of 600 ppm.

in both areas the plants look extremely healthy with no spots or other displays.

thanks for the well wishes but when this is done i should be free of hepc for life so it's worth it. it's just being uncomfortable for a while, no big deal.

i've got 10 more days of this intense shit and then 36 weeks of a more tolerable therapy.

the virus is undetectable now.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
Somewhere around 3 foot by 3 foot minimum up to 4x4 I'd say. If that pheno is stretchy I'd be vegging vertically to.

Are those lower buckets light proof?

she is definitely stretchy. nice long limbs. 3x3 ish is what i was thinking. they are gonna be caged so they should be manageable. i will be hanging the cages from the ceiling and dropping them down around the plant and then training them through it. should help me out quite a bit.

the buckets are now wrapped in about a five or six layer thick panda film. they should be OK but i can always add something else if need be.

D9, im glad to hear you were able to shake the hep c. that shit is no joke. thanks for sticking around to help all us newbs out.

forkup

Thanks for the explanation D9.

When you're not running perpetual so you flush or do anything special to finish them off? I remember with the perpetual you did not flush nor see the need.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Thanks for the explanation D9.

When you're not running perpetual so you flush or do anything special to finish them off? I remember with the perpetual you did not flush nor see the need.

in the 2 unit grows i did try tapering down the ppm the last 2 weeks but honestly could not tell the difference in the smoke quality.

inputting jacks at 600 ppm does not seem to produce any harshness at all in any of the strains i have tried with it.

Alien_Dawg

in the 2 unit grows i did try tapering down the ppm the last 2 weeks but honestly could not tell the difference in the smoke quality.

inputting jacks at 600 ppm does not seem to produce any harshness at all in any of the strains i have tried with it.

:yeahthats
:smoweed:
:abduct: