What's new

big plant ppk

icdog

Anybody know where to get those tuff tubs in Ontario. Home Hardware and TSC say they have them but not the 7 gallon ones.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
just a few shots of the transfer to the flower room. this is the same plant at 3 weeks from transplant.

normal root growth from the tailpieces. i tear these off and and very little grows back in flower. it occurs during stretch but very little root growth thereafter.

as you can see, the roots are white and healthy.

the third photo shows some rather gnarly root growth.

installed in position next to the first one to go in. one of the nice things about a perpetual set up is that the plants are all different sizes and you can use this to your advantage by placing the smaller plants between the larger ones to avoid contact and the reflected plant avoidance response.

the last one is a teaser from the first plant, which i believe is at 5 weeks today.

Last edited:

Alien_Dawg

You make me want to simplify. ..

What the hell do ya do with all the free time ya system allows you..
Build somethin would ya... ha ha ha..

Looking great as always...

----- :alien::ying::alien: -----

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
You make me want to simplify. ..

What the hell do ya do with all the free time ya system allows you..
Build somethin would ya... ha ha ha..

Looking great as always...

----- :alien::ying::alien: -----

simple is good! our lives are too complicated!

i spend most of my "free" time thinking about building shit. it's like an obsession with me. i just can't leave shit alone. i tell my wife i'm not going to destroy what i've just built and build something else and she just rolls her eyes and laughs.

and thank you!

D

DaveTheNewbie

i spend most of my "free" time thinking about building shit. it's like an obsession with me. i just can't leave shit alone. i tell my wife i'm not going to destroy what i've just built and build something else and she just rolls her eyes and laughs.

im not even a super genious like D9 and i have this problem, wife and all

real ting

just a few shots of the transfer to the flower room. this is the same plant at 3 weeks from transplant.

normal root growth from the tailpieces. i tear these off and and very little grows back in flower. it occurs during stretch but very little root growth thereafter.

as you can see, the roots are white and healthy.

the third photo shows some rather gnarly root growth.

installed in position next to the first one to go in. one of the nice things about a perpetual set up is that the plants are all different sizes and you can use this to your advantage by placing the smaller plants between the larger ones to avoid contact and the reflected plant avoidance response.

the last one is a teaser from the first plant, which i believe is at 5 weeks today.

Those ladies look awesome!

Have you had any problems with the aluminum window screen corroding after sitting in the solution? The stuff drains really good so it seems like the way to go.

I did also have a question about screening. I ran some turface through 1/8"x1/8" hardware cloth and probably lost close to 2/3 of it by volume, but the screened turface has excellent drainage. I'll test the porosity of it today. I've seen you post that you use window screen and then an 1/8" mesh, do you mean you use a finer screen first then move to the larger gauge mesh? About how much are you losing out of a bag of turface?

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Those ladies look awesome!

Have you had any problems with the aluminum window screen corroding after sitting in the solution? The stuff drains really good so it seems like the way to go.

I did also have a question about screening. I ran some turface through 1/8"x1/8" hardware cloth and probably lost close to 2/3 of it by volume, but the screened turface has excellent drainage. I'll test the porosity of it today. I've seen you post that you use window screen and then an 1/8" mesh, do you mean you use a finer screen first then move to the larger gauge mesh? About how much are you losing out of a bag of turface?

howdy!

i don't use aluminum screen for the tailpieces, i use fiberglass and stainless clamps now but i think i have found some plastic interlocking type clamps that work better than cable ties.

the cable ties are really not good for clamping. i have had them slip off in the middle of a grow.

for years i screened turface over aluminum screen alone but i wanted to see how an increased porosity functioned so i ran the first 2 plants through an additional screening with 1/8" screen. after observing it i think it was too open. i did not check the porosity but i'm sure that it was over 40%. too much.

so i'm back to just screening over regular aluminum insect screen and getting the 33% mentioned above somewhere. working great.

with the window screen i estimate loss at about 30% but turface really is infinitely re-usable.

after the initial screening you just wash it to remove fine root particles.

i let it dry first then shake the root ball and stem and most of it just falls out. it does not adhere to the roots like perlite.

then into a trough of flowing water. the turface sinks and the other shit floats off.

it gets better with age and repeated use.

forkup

Good question, does it take a bag per tub of turface avp using tsc tubs after screening or what? I made my move to washington altho I'm still looking for a place. It's really nice up here and so far my wife and I love it. I've been sourcing supplies so I'll be ready to go as soon we get settled in . I'm gonna duplicate your setup d9 as closely as I can. I can't wait :) Everything is looking awesome with your new setup!

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Good question, does it take a bag per tub of turface avp using tsc tubs after screening or what? I made my move to washington altho I'm still looking for a place. It's really nice up here and so far my wife and I love it. I've been sourcing supplies so I'll be ready to go as soon we get settled in . I'm gonna duplicate your setup d9 as closely as I can. I can't wait :) Everything is looking awesome with your new setup!

congrats on your move to freedom!

it does not take a whole bag but most of it after screening to fill to the 6 gal level. with maybe 1.5 gals left over.

but i think the 6 gal level does not give enough room to do a full covering flood and still have a safety margin for overflow.

so, i have dropped the volume to 5 gals now which would give you approx 2.5 gals left over. so, after screening, 2 bags should pot 3 plants.

looking forward to your grow!

thank you!

Last edited:
D

DHF

I love your honesty in the ongoing dialage of the setup D9......So 3 bags washed and screened actually gives yas 2 bags/3 plant`s worth when it`s all said and done with only 5 gals medium per container......and.....

"Gets better with age and repeated use" is kinda sorta hardta argue with....Us old heads resemble that remark......

Got a close Bro that owns a John Deere Landscape Supply franchise so shouldn`t be a problem for access to said MVP if that`s the best to start with.....

GF finally talked me into doin a headies grow with some frozen beans I`ve had for awhile......anyways......

Thanks for your time Bro .......

Respect......and....

Peace....DHF......:ying:......

Last edited:
D

DaveTheNewbie

ok this may be a long post if its anything like i envisioned it being last night in bed ....

it would be nice to have a complete glossary of terms for construction / discussion of these things.

Does PPK mean each individual plant site or the system as a whole.
I believe that the correct term for plant site is satelight pot (even tho it has 2 pots). We have air gap, tailpiece, and control res well established. What are the correct terms for the top and bottom buckets in the satelight pot? Feed lines and drain lines are established from well before PPKs, as is medium. Is it a gravity res that feeds the control res? What do you call the main res that feeds the gravity res? We have wave and pulse feedings. You have functional terms like a porosity test as well. This would be pre PPKs as well i assume.

Im really glad you described how you remove roots from the turface after use as that was one of my questions. Another is how you screen it pre use. Do you run it over the mesh wet or dry? You described your cloning practices in my thread which i should copy over to here. Same with the PPMs you run.

It is probabally a question you cant answer at this stage, but how much medium to how much plant / light / veg time do you recommend with these systems?

What are your thoughts regarding volume of control res compared to the total volume of the combined bottom pots? Is a big control res better or worse?

I see many people putting thier float valves in some sort of housing. I assume it is a form of throttle / choke for the flow of water into the control res to stop overfilling. Wouldnt it be more elegant to put a valve on the feed line to the float valve to control flow rates?

I have 2 sorts of timers available to me. The traditional timer with 12 on and 12 off times and 1 minute intervals. This means a max of 1 feed every 2 hours for at least 1 minute. I also have a cheap and dodgy on / off timer that goes on for X time then off for Y time with no numbers and no real way of adjusting it except for sitting there with a stopwatch in your hand. Which way would you go? Have you tried / considered half hour waves? Speaking of, does a wave have to fill the top bucket completely, or just send a rush / wave of liquid in fast to flush out the root zone? If you had a feed halo and a large pump behind it, a 20 second wave would achieve that IMO.

If instead of having a gravity res over the control res feeding via a float valve, you hooked the float valve up to a pump from the main res (see why you need a glossary now) and just refilled the control res once a day (or twice or whatever) would that be a problem? As long as the pumps dont try out i wouldnt think so? How bad for a pump is it to be pumping into a dead end pipe (because the float valve is off)

How often do you check the EC / PH of the control res and how often do you dump nutes and refresh the control res? Traditional recirc systems usually do it weekly.

From a previous statement regarding pulling off the roots that emerge from the tailpiece, How often do you pull up a pot and check the tailpiece? I would imagine this to be challenging once your monster plants get to the size you get them to.

Those stainless clamps are a PITA when moving pots in a perpetual system. Hurry up and reinvent them to a better option :)

The reason i ask all these questions is because i believe that the PPK system really is the premier system available for my needs, and i wouldnt ask all this if i didnt care. Thanks not just for inventing this, but for sharing it, and then supporting it to the level you do. I know im not alone in thinking this. If you can give the final ok on the full glossary list for the system im more than happy to draw up schematics for other people to use and learn from as my small contribution back to the community now that i am getting comfortable with it all.

Alien_Dawg

GF finally talked me into doin a headies grow with some frozen beans I`ve had for awhile......anyways......Thanks for your time Bro .......Respect......and....Peace....DHF............

We'll be here ta help you bro, if things get out of hand...
:smoky:

:laughing:

Shine the popcorn. . I'll be lurking with nacho supreme for this show...

~:respect:~~ :alien: ~:ying:

real ting

howdy!

i don't use aluminum screen for the tailpieces, i use fiberglass and stainless clamps now but i think i have found some plastic interlocking type clamps that work better than cable ties.

the cable ties are really not good for clamping. i have had them slip off in the middle of a grow.

for years i screened turface over aluminum screen alone but i wanted to see how an increased porosity functioned so i ran the first 2 plants through an additional screening with 1/8" screen. after observing it i think it was too open. i did not check the porosity but i'm sure that it was over 40%. too much.

so i'm back to just screening over regular aluminum insect screen and getting the 33% mentioned above somewhere. working great.

with the window screen i estimate loss at about 30% but turface really is infinitely re-usable.

after the initial screening you just wash it to remove fine root particles.

i let it dry first then shake the root ball and stem and most of it just falls out. it does not adhere to the roots like perlite.

then into a trough of flowing water. the turface sinks and the other shit floats off.

it gets better with age and repeated use.

Now I know what you do with all that free time you're always talking about, you spend it all screening turface :biggrin: 1 bag down, 5+ to go. I'll power through it though, just gonna need a couple joints, a six pack of beers and a stool :p Perhaps I'll stretch the screen onto a simple frame, that might be easier to deal with. Stick the orbital sander in the corner and come back after the joint, haha

For the hose clamps I've been looking for something like this: http://www.fishsupply.com/sqc00-00008.html They're used for aquariums, since the lines are often underwater. However it's hard to find them that big locally. I might just rough up the tail pieces a little with a file or something and use 2 zip ties, that'd probably hold alright. I didn't find there was much weight on them with the perlite/coco, but the turface feels weightier and like you're saying it doesn't lock together like the coco, so if the tie busted it might just drain right out the bottom.

As always thanks for the advice d9!

I love your honesty in the ongoing dialage of the setup D9......So 3 bags washed and screened actually gives yas 2 bags/3 plant`s worth when it`s all said and done with only 5 gals medium per container......and.....

"Gets better with age and repeated use" is kinda sorta hardta argue with....Us old heads resemble that remark......

Got a close Bro that owns a John Deere Landscape Supply franchise so shouldn`t be a problem for access to said MVP if that`s the best to start with.....

GF finally talked me into doin a headies grow with some frozen beans I`ve had for awhile......anyways......

Respect......and....

Peace....DHF......
ying.gif

Finally building some ppks eh DHF? This I gotta see.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran

Respect......and....

Peace....DHF......:ying:......

wow! the official DHF endorsement! i will build a dedicated DHF autograph model with your signature on it. it'll sell like hotcakes! we''ll charge a couple of benjamin's more just because your name is on it. we''ll make a fortune!

thank you!

on the turface i meant that 2 bags from the store, after being screened, should produce about 15 gals of medium which should fill 3 containers.

i'm not sure so in a few days i've got to clean 2 bags so i'll measure everything this time and post the results.

you know, those musty old beans might not be any good so you should send them to me to make sure they are ok.

thanks again, looking forward to at least hearing about your grow. but a grow thread is always nice!

later

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Now I know what you do with all that free time you're always talking about, you spend it all screening turface :biggrin: 1 bag down, 5+ to go. I'll power through it though, just gonna need a couple joints, a six pack of beers and a stool :p Perhaps I'll stretch the screen onto a simple frame, that might be easier to deal with. Stick the orbital sander in the corner and come back after the joint, haha

For the hose clamps I've been looking for something like this: http://www.fishsupply.com/sqc00-00008.html They're used for aquariums, since the lines are often underwater. However it's hard to find them that big locally. I might just rough up the tail pieces a little with a file or something and use 2 zip ties, that'd probably hold alright. I didn't find there was much weight on them with the perlite/coco, but the turface feels weightier and like you're saying it doesn't lock together like the coco, so if the tie busted it might just drain right out the bottom.

As always thanks for the advice d9!

Finally building some ppks eh DHF? This I gotta see.

i originally built a 3x4 foot frame with a piece of wire fence on the bottom and a loose piece of window screen on that. by keeping the screen loose you can roll the turface back and forth. if you dump a whole bag in it takes longer to screen than if you dump about a gal in at a time.

since then i have built a screen slide 25 ft long and 3 ft wide. i can dump a bag on the top and leave it all week brushing towards the bottom as i pass by once or twice a day. by the end of the week i've got a thoroughly screened load that hopefully has also been washed by some rain. i still wash the hell out of it anyway in a concrete mixing tub with the water running. turn it over with a shovel a few times until it runs clear.

after loading in the container i rinse it one more time.

the clamp you show is exactly the one i was thinking about. once you squeeze it shut with a pair of channel locks it will never come off.

you do be welcome!

editing to give mcfly420 credit for the slide idea. good one!

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
ok this may be a long post if its anything like i envisioned it being last night in bed ....”

sometimes long posts are necessary.

“it would be nice to have a complete glossary of terms for construction / discussion of these things.”

yes, it would, it's another one of those things that I just haven't gotten to yet.

“Does PPK mean each individual plant site or the system as a whole.
I believe that the correct term for plant site is satelight pot (even tho it has 2 pots). We have air gap, tailpiece, and control res well established. What are the correct terms for the top and bottom buckets in the satelight pot? Feed lines and drain lines are established from well before PPKs, as is medium. Is it a gravity res that feeds the control res? What do you call the main res that feeds the gravity res? We have wave and pulse feedings. You have functional terms like a porosity test as well. This would be pre PPKs as well i assume.”

the term ppk is a name for the whole system. It should have been called the “love machine”.

“Im really glad you described how you remove roots from the turface after use as that was one of my questions. Another is how you screen it pre use. Do you run it over the mesh wet or dry? You described your cloning practices in my thread which i should copy over to here. Same with the PPMs you run.”

i'll show the screen later today.

“It is probabally a question you cant answer at this stage, but how much medium to how much plant / light / veg time do you recommend with these systems?”

you're right, I do not have a finite answer for that but I have grown monsters in very small amounts of medium. What i'm doing now is trying to achieve another level of production by testing some ideas. The wide ride containers definitely make the plants bigger but if you don't have the space or lights you will make a mess by creating a larf machine.

“What are your thoughts regarding volume of control res compared to the total volume of the combined bottom pots? Is a big control res better or worse?”

i've never thought of it as better or worse. It's never a bad thing to have a large volume of water in any hydro system as chemical changes usually happen more slowly in a large container than a small container. What this does is give you more reaction time should there be a problem. My res now is a little too big but i'm not about to change it now that I know it doesn't leak.

As far as a ratio between the two containers I don't think it matters much. You need enough volume to feed the pump without starving.

“I see many people putting thier float valves in some sort of housing. I assume it is a form of throttle / choke for the flow of water into the control res to stop overfilling. Wouldnt it be more elegant to put a valve on the feed line to the float valve to control flow rates?”

no, because you want a demand valve that automatically inputs the correct amount. The float container in the res acts as a nutrient injector. I feel it is necessary because of the delay in the return of the pulse water. I will photograph the sequence for everyone asap.

“I have 2 sorts of timers available to me. The traditional timer with 12 on and 12 off times and 1 minute intervals. This means a max of 1 feed every 2 hours for at least 1 minute. I also have a cheap and dodgy on / off timer that goes on for X time then off for Y time with no numbers and no real way of adjusting it except for sitting there with a stopwatch in your hand. Which way would you go? Have you tried / considered half hour waves? Speaking of, does a wave have to fill the top bucket completely, or just send a rush / wave of liquid in fast to flush out the root zone? If you had a feed halo and a large pump behind it, a 20 second wave would achieve that IMO.”

one feed every 2 hours is not enough to maintain the medium at the proper level of moisture. I have been trying to come up with some finite recommendations for 4 years and I now think, that using turface or diatomaceous earth with the full flood, that once per hour is about right. I have both my areas set to this now.

You need a timer that is adjustable to precise times. Or a timer with an automatic one hour cycle. If it has a longer run time than necessary you can install a diverter valve in the res. Plus you have the individual plant valves for adjustment.

I mentioned before that a decent repeat cycle timer can be built from a cheap intermatic mechanical timer. Some day I will do a tutorial on it but if you can get one of these sentinel drt-1 timers you will love it. Very easy to use.

This is another reason why the saturation pulse is easier to manage while at the same time slightly harder to set up. Full is full and you know it when you see it. But there is nothing wrong with a well timed wave type pulse. It's how I ran these for 3 years.

“If instead of having a gravity res over the control res feeding via a float valve, you hooked the float valve up to a pump from the main res (see why you need a glossary now) and just refilled the control res once a day (or twice or whatever) would that be a problem? As long as the pumps dont try out i wouldnt think so? How bad for a pump is it to be pumping into a dead end pipe (because the float valve is off)”

i'm not sure I understand this but you want to maintain a static water level at all times in the system to control root growth into the lower part of the plant module and achieve an unbroken capillary connection to the grow medium that is consistent. Adjusting the solution level is one of the “fine tuning” tools the system offers. Right now my pump only runs 12 minute per day.

“How often do you check the EC / PH of the control res and how often do you dump nutes and refresh the control res? Traditional recirc systems usually do it weekly.”

I haven't dumped the res since filling it about 7 weeks ago, only continuously topped it. I have run it 8 months without a change before and was still growing big, healthy plants with no displays.

I don't check ec and ph very often anymore, maybe once a week. It's always within a safe range but occasionally an adjustment is necessary. 4 days ago I checked it and the ec had gotten over 1500 ppm or ec 3 and that's about a limit for me.

At the same time it was time to refill my volume tanks so I refilled the tanks with straight water and let it run into the system. The ec last night was about 1400 ppm so i'll run water only until I get it down to about 1000 ppm and then top the volume tanks and mix a load of regular strength solution.

“From a previous statement regarding pulling off the roots that emerge from the tailpiece, How often do you pull up a pot and check the tailpiece? I would imagine this to be challenging once your monster plants get to the size you get them to.”

yes, it is a challenge so I don't do it. If your system is correct you should never have to do this.

“Those stainless clamps are a PITA when moving pots in a perpetual system. Hurry up and reinvent them to a better option :)

I don't understand why the clamps would be in the way but look at real tings link. Those are the clamps for us. No metal and good clamping pressure.

“The reason i ask all these questions is because i believe that the PPK system really is the premier system available for my needs, and i wouldnt ask all this if i didnt care. Thanks not just for inventing this, but for sharing it, and then supporting it to the level you do. I know im not alone in thinking this. If you can give the final ok on the full glossary list for the system im more than happy to draw up schematics for other people to use and learn from as my small contribution back to the community now that i am getting comfortable with it all.

no worries, mate! Thank you! Go ahead on the glossary but I think “plant module” is better than “satellite” nyahh!

It would be nice to get some real engineering drawings and an animated graphic depicting the water movement.

D

DHF

wow! the official DHF endorsement! i will build a dedicated DHF autograph model with your signature on it. it'll sell like hotcakes! we''ll charge a couple of benjamin's more just because your name is on it. we''ll make a fortune!

thank you!

on the turface i meant that 2 bags from the store, after being screened, should produce about 15 gals of medium which should fill 3 containers.

i'm not sure so in a few days i've got to clean 2 bags so i'll measure everything this time and post the results.

you know, those musty old beans might not be any good so you should send them to me to make sure they are ok.

thanks again, looking forward to at least hearing about your grow. but a grow thread is always nice!

later
LMAO.....Bro...You had me from the get........ANY setup that grows big plants practically by itself without all the bells and whistles it takes and then some for fast hydro , is a winner in my book.....

Now that the oil spill bullshit is over with the economy slowly turnin around , my lil beach shack`s leased every week from Memorial Day till the week after Labor Day , but I`m down here chillin with the dawg and GF till last week in May.....and then it`s back to the farm .......

Got a cabin at the lake couple hrs from the house with a 1/2 basement that`s perfect for a 4 plant 5 light setup , and that`s the plan for weekends at the lake , and tendin veggie garden along with all the other critter duties durin the week.......

GF loves that shit....Me......I`d rather be fishin.....It`ll take me couple months to run a pheno hunt under T-5`s straight 12/12 from seed , take buncha cuts , and find a keeper for each place in the room......

1 run`ll be enough shit jarred up for me and lil miss pothead at least couple yrs maybe more , so I wanted my close Bro`s that pm`ed and cautioned about advertising crankin back up again not to worry....that said......

A redundant setup I can leave for a week and come back to without worryin about is the only way I could possibly grow again and feel safe , so.....

It came down to Blumat maxi`s in coco that I`ve already got in storage since before shutdown , or PPK`s that I`m more comfortable with after seeing Bobbles problems associated with absentee grows......and....

Not to say I`m not confident in Blumats , but rather more comfortable with a timed feed setup that acts like DTW and keeps residual salt buildup at bay in the process of pulse feed/gas exchanges and then back to equilibrium in a topped off main rez that won`t be anything but babyshit simple to manage once a week.....anyways....

My proxy server keeps me sane here posting and I don`t even grow anymore , so I certainly hope ANYONE that posts pics and ain`t legal does so through the proxy server of their choice cuz trust me......

LEO`s here every day on every public weedsite there is , and don`t think for a minute he`s not....Stay paranoid and safe folks.....Kept my old ass took care of for many yrs......

D9.....You da man.....Gotta go check my crab traps and catch a few redfish and speckled trout fer supper......Life is good.....and Oh.......

Take my royalties on the signature model and donate em to the local foodbanks.....waaaaay too many hungry folks and kids especially in the richest country on earth......

Peace.......Freds......:ying:.....

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
LMAO.....Bro...You had me from the get........ANY setup that grows big plants practically by itself without all the bells and whistles it takes and then some for fast hydro , is a winner in my book.....

Now that the oil spill bullshit is over with the economy slowly turnin around , my lil beach shack`s leased every week from Memorial Day till the week after Labor Day , but I`m down here chillin with the dawg and GF till last week in May.....and then it`s back to the farm .......

Got a cabin at the lake couple hrs from the house with a 1/2 basement that`s perfect for a 4 plant 5 light setup , and that`s the plan for weekends at the lake , and tendin veggie garden along with all the other critter duties durin the week.......

GF loves that shit....Me......I`d rather be fishin.....It`ll take me couple months to run a pheno hunt under T-5`s straight 12/12 from seed , take buncha cuts , and find a keeper for each place in the room......

1 run`ll be enough shit jarred up for me and lil miss pothead at least couple yrs maybe more , so I wanted my close Bro`s that pm`ed and cautioned about advertising crankin back up again not to worry....that said......

A redundant setup I can leave for a week and come back to without worryin about is the only way I could possibly grow again and feel safe , so.....

It came down to Blumat maxi`s in coco that I`ve already got in storage since before shutdown , or PPK`s that I`m more comfortable with after seeing Bobbles problems associated with absentee grows......and....

Not to say I`m not confident in Blumats , but rather more comfortable with a timed feed setup that acts like DTW and keeps residual salt buildup at bay in the process of pulse feed/gas exchanges and then back to equilibrium in a topped off main rez that won`t be anything but babyshit simple to manage once a week.....anyways....

My proxy server keeps me sane here posting and I don`t even grow anymore , so I certainly hope ANYONE that posts pics and ain`t legal does so through the proxy server of their choice cuz trust me......

LEO`s here every day on every public weedsite there is , and don`t think for a minute he`s not....Stay paranoid and safe folks.....Kept my old ass took care of for many yrs......

D9.....You da man.....Gotta go check my crab traps and catch a few redfish and speckled trout fer supper......Life is good.....and Oh.......

Take my royalties on the signature model and donate em to the local foodbanks.....waaaaay too many hungry folks and kids especially in the richest country on earth......

Peace.......Freds......:ying:.....

I've gone from an 8 gallon volume rez, to a 15 gallon rez, to a 32 gallon rez and now to a 71 gallon rez. I can mix 60 gallons of jacks+ once a month (4 plants), useing 2 gallons a day (max useage) for the last 5 weeks of bloom or so (shouldnt be away then anyway), the 60 gallons will easily last 8 days and if i parrellel in the other 32 gallon rez, longer than I should be away but in veg ???. have alot of hangaround time with these ppks, gonna buy a another, new Harley.:tiphat: best thread/method there is.

OH, I've started useing the 1/2" rubber waterproof grommets with regular 1/2" black tube. easiest and driest I've ever run. my run is too small for pipe and feeders.