What's new

Big John's Trees

D

DHF

I know my pre-98 Bubba`s some good shit , but you`re freeeeeakin me the fuck out with the dancing plants Bro.......LOL.....but.....

They look good for a month in after flip.....so.....

Good luck and thanks for the show.....:peacock:....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:.....

Big John

I know my pre-98 Bubba`s some good shit , but you`re freeeeeakin me the fuck out with the dancing plants Bro.......LOL.....but.....

They look good for a month in after flip.....so.....

Good luck and thanks for the show.....:peacock:....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:.....

Thanks DHF! I'm just doing my best to keep a room full of women happy through the dog days of summer.

I finally got to tieing and spreading em, maybe a few days late but who's counting? I picked up a bunch of these plastic tomato vine clips, with the chicken wire above and a taut-line hitch on the twine it's been working pretty good so far.

BNR3Hnv.jpg

Jamorg13

The hardware cloth does make it really easy to shape them! But whatever does the job and keeps you from getting those HID burns on the back of the neck right?
Exactly lol. About a week into my first vert setup I learned the hard way.

Next build out I will definitely be stealing your idea. Cool pictures btw

Big John

Exactly lol. About a week into my first vert setup I learned the hard way.

Next build out I will definitely be stealing your idea. Cool pictures btw

Steal away dude! How you think I got most of these ideas? Ripped wholesale from the knowledgeable dudes here and elsewhere :tongueout:

D

DaveTheNewbie

Thanks DHF! I'm just doing my best to keep a room full of women happy through the dog days of summer.

I finally got to tieing and spreading em, maybe a few days late but who's counting? I picked up a bunch of these plastic tomato vine clips, with the chicken wire above and a taut-line hitch on the twine it's been working pretty good so far.

View Image

that is a very cool idea. chicken wire top and bottom, strings running between, plants tied to the strings

SRGB

Big John:

I picked up a bunch of these plastic tomato vine clips

Hi, Big John.

Another option for anchorage and support: One to three dozen 6-8ft stakes per specimen. Florist tape (easily adjustable), twisted - not tied - at mid-branch for anchorage and structural support. 2x4`s attached to ceiling, length of row(s) in garden.
If needed, a spool of approximately 2mm garden wire secured to screws in 2x4`s. Twisted around branch at 3 to 4 inches below terminal flower for blossom support - at approximately 6 to 8 inches beyond the tie point at the stake.

If the semi `tacky` florist tape is twisted, and not tied to stakes, might be fairly simple to untwist and re-adjust if the foliage mass is trained, pruned or thinned and the specimen are `shaped`.

Are those clips fairly easy to `unsnap` (they appear to `snap` closed) and re-adjust, within the mass of the foliage?

Best,
/SRGB/

Big John

Are those clips fairly easy to `unsnap` (they appear to `snap` closed) and re-adjust, within the mass of the foliage?

Best,
/SRGB/

Yeah, it's a snap to open and close them. I'm using a taut-line hitch on the ceiling side of the twine for easy adjustment though.

D

DaveTheNewbie

i like the slower animations personally, the fast ones freak me out.
can you make some slower again ?

Skyrancher

It was DHF who told me about the chicken wire on the ceilings Krusty had. The BD definitely needs support, or she'll be snapping branches like fireworks on the fourth of July.

Speaking of improvements, I should probably figure out some kind of cage setup for the next round of plants, seems to be all the rage with the fellas busting out axes and shoutin "TIMBER!" when they go to harvest.

Nice setup Big John,

I have an attic space to plan. Seeing your setup has me thinking about going a similar route. With plant number restrictions these days, growing trees might just be the way to go?

Can you please explain your use of chicken wire on the ceiling? Better support of the Panda?

What ideas are you considering for cage setups?

Thanks man

Rancher

SRGB

Big John:

A day 56 preview

Hi, Big John.

Three questions:

1) Following root formation on the specimen, how long was the vegetative period prior to initiating flowering?

2) Could the vegetative period have been extended, based on the accumulated mass of the specimen at the current stage?

3) Is the adhesive on the tape exhibiting indications of deterioating?

Best,
/SRGB/

D

DHF

A day 56 preview, this one goes out to Dave

View Image
Twitchin plants and fuckin evil clowns.......:laughing:.........

You asked for it Dave......:moon:.....

Keep up da killer work Bigun.....Chickenwire is yo friend.....but...Cages work better on wyde clyde indica dominant hybrids that don`t stretch up , but with the taller more sat hybrids that yield accordingly....

Cages can`t compete with strings or even them god awful plant yo-yo`s hung from chickenwire with many many different lil holes to tie off to and open big plants up for proper airflow around em , as well as optimum lumen penetration/plant absorption during late swellage.....anyways.....

Hope Harvey`s good to yas my buddy......Respect and......

Peace.....Freds.......:ying:......

Big John

Nice setup Big John,

I have an attic space to plan. Seeing your setup has me thinking about going a similar route. With plant number restrictions these days, growing trees might just be the way to go?

Can you please explain your use of chicken wire on the ceiling? Better support of the Panda?

What ideas are you considering for cage setups?

Thanks man

Rancher

1joLWxV.jpg

dHDMZXf.jpg

The Taut-line hitch is an adjustable hitch, when there's tension on the line it holds firm and when it's slack you can adjust the loop. The clips just make it faster.

I haven't figured the cage out yet, the strings did the job this round. I'm hoping for bigger plants next time around so we'll see. Might just go and tie a ton of lines and have em hanging down ready to go before the plants get large, it'd be easier to work when you're not leaning into a big ol' plant.

Big John

Big John:

A day 56 preview

Hi, Big John.

Three questions:

1) Following root formation on the specimen, how long was the vegetative period prior to initiating flowering?

2) Could the vegetative period have been extended, based on the accumulated mass of the specimen at the current stage?

3) Is the adhesive on the tape exhibiting indications of deterioating?

Best,
/SRGB/

I don't remember the exact veg time.

#2 and #4 are just about right, the other two could be bigger. I may veg for longer next go round.

The gorilla tape holds pretty darn good, but it will sag a little if it heats up enough. Around the door area it's getting a bit haggard.

Latest posts

Latest posts