What's new

BIG GROW! SOG

pics are back up.. oh yeh stoney.. i grew pure power plant by gypsy before, and its a nice yielder.. but i had problems with hermies everytime i grew it.. however.. like i said.. amazing results besides that/

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You are a SOG Master Stoney,I love this thread and your setup is lush. Haven't been able to do SOG 4 years as I have to keep numbers down here but I used to love running them & still set up smaller ones for peeps.All told I reckon its about the same amount of work as SCROG, just different work,if u know what I mean. JBo :wave:
Microprocessor Controlled Multipot Flood,Bubble & Drain by URBN TRCHMLGY
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=89504

what a thread :) I'm still to jump over to f&d and im just getting used to this style of growing myself sog style...drop by one day ..would love to here your input ...keep growin man a true inspiration to me :)

stoney419

stoney419 said:
I have not yet come to a conclusion everything has to be the exact same on both tables when posting on that subject I take it very serously so I want to make sure but IMHO I say 3 verses 2 with a mover on a 4x8 but it may change but I dout it got a few things I want to try like panda plastic hanging close to the sides
ok been working on this for sometime now and have come to find out i get at least 1.12 grams per wtt with 2 600s on a mover thats 3 LBS and when i add a 3 light and get rid of the mover i have a hard time hitting 4 lbs .99 grams per wtt so with the way power cost i think I'm happy with 2 lights on a mover but will still be runnin some test to see if i can get the weight up to 5 lbs a table with 3 lights with the right strain I'll keep ya posted

Y

yamaha_1fan

what about 3 lights and a mover?

And even though your GPW has gone done, you are yielding more. And surely the extra weight covers the added electrical costs.

Bottom line is with 3 lights, you are putting more money in your pocket?

Hi stoney
I dont know if you have covered these questions before??
1. As a complete novice to f&d/ebb&flow how many floods do you do and for how long?
2. how do you control your temps in the reservoirs?
3. are they aireated when not feeding?
4. what size pots you running?
5. when you trim out how many nodes do you leave at the top of the plant and when do you do this? when too bushy regardless when in flower or beginning of flower over a period of a few days ?
6. what type of plant do you typically go for when running a sog of this calbre? more sat dom etc ?
7. Also have you got an overflow on your tables or you using the same inlet for the outlet and have it timed perfectly ? any pics would help greatly of your res and inlet and outlet.

any advice greatly appreciated.
I hope you don't mind the bombardment of questions and hopefully you haven't had to repeat yourself too many times...thxs for your time

NB..just ordered my tables :) 2mtr x 1mtr

drop by soon

john

Last edited:

stoney419

John goodman said:
Hi stoney
I dont know if you have covered these questions before??
1. As a complete novice to f&d/ebb&flow how many floods do you do and for how long?
2. how do you control your temps in the reservoirs?
3. are they aireated when not feeding?
4. what size pots you running?
5. when you trim out how many nodes do you leave at the top of the plant and when do you do this? when too bushy regardless when in flower or beginning of flower over a period of a few days ?
6. what type of plant do you typically go for when running a sog of this calbre? more sat dom etc ?
7. Also have you got an overflow on your tables or you using the same inlet for the outlet and have it timed perfectly ? any pics would help greatly of your res and inlet and outlet.

any advice greatly appreciated.
I hope you don't mind the bombardment of questions and hopefully you haven't had to repeat yourself too many times...thxs for your time

NB..just ordered my tables :) 2mtr x 1mtr

drop by soon

john
1. 1 time every 3 hours when lights are on 1 time at 6hours when lights are off 15 min each time
2. i don't
3. no
4. 1/2" X 5 1/2" 6"X6" work well also
5. leave 2-3 nodes the first day and sometimes trim agin half way up at ten days

6. don't really no i just go by the plant and how it reacts
7. yes an inlet and out let to control the water height will edit later and add a couple pics
hope this helps :wave:

stoney419

got a lot of males showing up in the last seeds i started 8 of the 10 pure power plants are male 2 sam skunk man's sk1Xhaze are males out of 4 one for sure female one don't know yet i still have about 23 to sex and I've got a few females

Last edited:
thanks for the details stoney ,...much appreciated...fingers crossed for some fems bro ...always fancied the purepowerplant ..seen some lovely phenos ..infact all that ive seen have been huge...pop back soon ...thxs again

J

Joe Budden

Hey stoney your defo a growing freedom fighter!! keep up the good work, very exciting stuff! Your achieving over 1 gram per watt thats just amazing and allot of people would like 2 be you!! Keep it up man
later
JB

sfloridasean

stoney419 said:
the moms in the white bags are in promix the short ones on the table are in hydreton

Stoney good to see things are going good. What size nursery pots are the mother plants in the 2nd picture in that your using for flood & drain?