What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Big Fuckin' Problems For Emeryseeds Customers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niemand

guineapig said:
oh canada....soon our shame will be theirs....thanks for the new info about ME....-gp
Hey GP.....

Maybe NOT...... Check this out!
By Irwin Loy, 24 hours

A Vancouver man plans to file criminal charges against pot activist Marc Emery - just to prove a point.

David McCann said he's doing it to spark a national debate on Canadian sovereignty and drug policy.

He said the government has condoned Emery's behaviour by allowing him to run his Vancouver seed-selling business and collecting taxes on his profits.

The charges McCann will file in court today are virtually identical to the ones Emery faces in the U.S., which is trying to extradite the activist.

The theory is that local charges will throw a wrench in U.S. extradition plans for Emery, allowing him to serve any punishment in Canada.

"This is about sovereignty and hypocrisy ... Every now and again I think Canadians have to stand up and say to the government, "You're doing something wrong here.'"

Interesting!!

Here is some older news......

Pot activist rallies support ahead of extradition
Canadian Press

VANCOUVER — Marc Emery took a hit from a joint as his fans smoked and screamed for his freedom in front of the U.S. consulate.

The King of Pot, as he is described by American prosecutors, faces extradition for seed sales - a crime that isn't prosecuted in Canada - and up to life in prison if convicted by a U.S. court.

In the same breath, supporters gathered around him demanded sovereignty for Canada and the worldwide legalization of pot.

People everywhere are outraged and scared it could happened to them, declared 47-year-old Emery.

"I want to tell you," he shouted above the yells, "You are part of a great awareness. Today, 40 cities around the world, from Warsaw, Moscow, Russia, London, Paris, Madrid, Italy, they are rallying at Canadian consulates around the world. In Melbourne, Australia, and Sydney, Canadian embassies are being picketed!"

Emery said there are about 50 pot seed companies in Canada selling seeds every day. The businesses, people who buy from them, people who smoke pot, believe in Canadian sovereignty, are all appalled he said.

Emery also referred to a poll by a daily newspaper that showed the majority of Canadians are opposed to his extradition.

"People understand if it happens to me, it can happened to a New Zealander, a Mexican person. It can happen to an Australian or a person in England or Paris.

Police officers looked on as Emery spoke and clouds of pot smoke billowed above the crowd. One officer commented that it was a nice day and that he was glad it didn't rain.

A number of parents stood in the crowd with babies in strollers. Greg Popler had his two-year-old son with him as he joined in to support Emery.

"For me this is more about Canadian sovereignty. I support the legalization of all street drugs, but I'm most against the idea of the U.S. being able to take Canadians down to face their brand of justice, which is different from ours."

Emery's extradition hearing starts Sept. 16 in B.C. Supreme Court.

The longtime pot activist is accused of selling marijuana seeds to Americans through the Internet and the mail, conspiracy to manufacture marijuana and conspiracy to engage in money laundering.

His co-accused are Michelle Rainey-Fenkarek and Gregory Keith Smith.

The trio was arrested in July after Vancouver police raided Emery's pot paraphernalia store following an 18-month investigation by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.

Emery was picked up in Lawrencetown, N.S., while speaking at a music festival to raise funds for a medical marijuana organization.

He was detained in a Halifax-area jail cell for several days before being transferred to Vancouver.

During his brief tour and incarceration on the East coast, Emery made quite an impression. Supporters rallied for him in Halifax in front of city hall Saturday.

"Halifax is important for this demonstration because this is where Marc Emery was arrested originally . . . and this whole procedure started," said Marc-Boris St-Maurice.

St-Maurice, who founded the Marijuana Party before jumping to the federal Liberals, said if Emery broke the law he should be prosecuted in Canada.

Last edited:

nobodyknew

There's nobody doing any picketing in Melbourne or Sydney.......
Most people over here have not even heard of M.E let alone his arrest...
And in true Aussie fashion I think it's safe to say that over here - nobody gives a fuck......... :joint:
Besides - they've got him cold on the money-laundering charge - and Canada does recognise that as grounds for extradition - I don't know why they even bothered with the other charges............

Last edited:
G

nobodyknew

how do you figure they have him on money laundering he payed taxes on everything and filed as a marijuana seed distributer.

nobodyknew

It's "conspiracy" to engage in money-laundering - which means if anyone even talked about it - case over - whether you did it or not
That Rico thing they have in the States is a real piece of work - just ask Howard Marks.....
Besides - could you really see the prince of pot NOT scamming at least SOME of his taxes - and expenses - lol - he should catch the bus
Plus - it's undeniable that he sold beans into the States - do you think he paid tax on the sales generated over the border to the States - who are rightfully entitled to that tax money - most of it in cash - and unless he can prove he did - then he's fucked....
Still - when you're involved with the Amerikan law system - anything can happen - least that's the way it seems from over here....

nobodyknew

On the plus side - there has been some publicity and I think Amerika is starting to get the idea that there are a whole bunch of countries around the world who are not too enthused about their War on Drugs...especially when it involves cannabis
And some countries who are positively upset by their attitude - towards cannabis
So I guess there's some headway being made.....

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
This is what happens when these "hippies" turn into OLD PIRATES, greedy, hungry for money, doing it all in the name of this plant...yes, a plant, a weed, herb - call it what you want, a simple but amazing thing that can give us much more than just money, money is what ME is all about and many others too, watch your back.

Why can't we all just grow and share...:confused:

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
As long as speculation runs rampant I'll toss mine in, all points are moot if extradition is not obtained and if it is I suspect ME will run like the wind as this sentance wont be a paltry 90 days, if hes extradited to the US he will spend the rest of his life in prison.

nobodyknew

Hehe - would somebody please translate the above post for me
I looked real hard and for a real long time but there is nothing in the foreign language section that helps
What does "agwon" mean - lol
Sorry Ras - bit too cryptic for us here in Oz..... :joint:

G

" I support the legalization of all street drugs " Thats a boy ME. Shoot the other foot.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Ras Sizzla said:
Der be a lot spunk business agwon with dea right bout now.
ali%20g%20jewels.jpg

DankBank

WeedWrapperMan said:
" I support the legalization of all street drugs " Thats a boy ME. Shoot the other foot.

You misread that quote... I don't know what M.E. has to say about full legalization, but the person who DID say that in the article was not M.E.

A number of parents stood in the crowd with babies in strollers. GREG POPLER had his two-year-old son with him as he joined in to support Emery. (insert: and he said...)
"For me this is more about Canadian sovereignty. I support the legalization of all street drugs, but I'm most against the idea of the U.S. being able to take Canadians down to face their brand of justice, which is different from ours."

I don't care how much of an asshole ME may be... there are other issues to SUPPORT here - like leadership and government LEAVING PEOPLE THE HELL ALONE. Why do so many people not see this?? We'll never win OUR war as long as there are vast numbers of such unsupportive and confused people speaking for the mj movement (and against leaders of that movement... the average person doesn't know about our gripes with ME - they just know him as a frontperson for the movement. If the movement itself attacks him, public opinion of a legalization movement will only be weakened or at least remain weaker than we'd like it to be). What's confusing about this??
db

Last edited:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
while a contaversial issue, in the same sense that if cannabis was availiable it tobacconists or cafes, then ppl wouldnt be mixed up with drug dealers and get n hard drugs.....if heroin and cocaine were availible for addicts(only once addicted though) the mugginds and other drug related crime for the purpose of supplying a ahbit would vanish as the cost would be the same as getting alcohol.....
i wouldnt want smack sold alogside ciggies but I think the way thigs are just doesnt work and we need to look at harm reduction..... if you get addicted to tranx theres no problem...why should it be any dfferent....

guineapig

Veteran
new issue of Cannabis Canada STILL has the listings for all of the different strains of Weed that he used to provide.......so is anyone foolish enough to try and order something? i wonder why they kept the listing in the magazine.....hmmmmm -gp

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Anyone know why you have to have an account to log onto cannagenetics,com? They have a lot of info on many, many strains and always found it useful. Didn't they also have LEO problems a while back? Just courious if anyone has some info on them.

G

marc emery is a bitchass who draws unwanted attention by living an ostentatious lifestyle and doing stupid things that hurt the movement...fuck the dea but emery just set himself up for all of this and apparently doesn't give a rat's ass about the growers who he puts at risk by continuing to run such ads...he needs to be boycotted completely and utterly...

BullsNBowls

WOW, so much comes about in the months since Emery got popped. I did not read every single post but enough pages to know how people view not only Emery's situation but the politics and government in their respective countries. Everyone of you is right to some degree. It all correlates back to the social acceptability in your general location, once again, to a CERTAIN degree. This is one reason why counties in Calif are so screwed up with their medical plant population guidelines. It is a proven fact that Emery's mouth was bigger than his ass. If you flaunt and brag to others about any questionable subject...expect to have someone gunning for you. Whether it be the government due to illegalities or some jealous asshole who would rather screw you at your expense/work. If you're a grower, keep your mouth shut. Work your magic, breed your strains, and if you're going to sell the beans, associate with someone who is up to par with their morals and standards. If you're a seed distributer, you're in a cut throat business with potential for infiltration, corruption, and politics. All three destroy and all three have already occured in the industry. It is YOUR responsibilty, to growers, to know how to analyze the bull from the bullshit. I cannot count how many times I have read several posts from someone and knew they were phony from the get go only to read later that they screwed so and so. As a oppressed state cannabis is in, we rely on our distributers (and local gene connects) to be honest, upfront, and discreet. Gypsy, I have never ordered from you nor from Emery. Not that I don't trust your reputation or genetics, I have heard nothing but positive re you. I rely on private growers with positive reputations and yrs of genetic breeding programs. If the strains I get are not stable, F-1's or 2's, or feminized...who cares, the genetics are there and it is my responsibilty (to myself and to the original breeder) to produce a note worthy product. It is kinda like in the bucking bull industry, if I buy a heifer with great breeding genetics and breed her to my bull resulting in a bull calf. It is my responsibilty to be honest with my bull's breeding because that calf needs to be a bucker. It HONORS the dam's breeder as confirms your own karma. It is well known that Emery Seed Direct was screwing people. I have seen and read horror stories re such backdoor banging. Furthermore, I may smoke a hoot while I am driving around town, go to the store smelling danky, or burn at work...but I never flaunt what I have to the swine. Although I am a medical patient and have had to rely on that against law enforcement, it still makes me cautious. Our government (and some local leo's) want to use us as examples. Every bust is a number for THEIR statistics, every grow raid adds a tally for them. Hell, with the amount of growers, traffickers, and cannabis related "criminals" in prisons they should be doing some Martha Stewart Horticulture class in there. Discretion, pride, and enjoyment by you and yours is what cannabis should be about. To the growers who have assisted me with genetics, thank you. They will be used for medicinal and breeding use. Never will I profit from your work nor take glory for it. Gypsy, thank you for offering a safe place to associate with other like minded and for distributing in a time of oppression. Emery...well, karma bit him in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.