What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Big Beaver Indica Winter 2023 Grow

troutman

Seed Whore
Happy to say my growing problems got resolved so I can finally get back to growing. :giggle:

Just took this pic minutes ago of my Big Beaver Indica and some Peyote.

full

Cheers

goingrey

Big Beaver Indica, funny name, never heard of it.. Do you know about its background?

Growing Peyote, that's cool! How long does it take until harvest? I've been under the impression it takes years and years, like in the region of 30?

troutman

Seed Whore
Big Beaver Indica, funny name, never heard of it.. Do you know about its background?

Growing Peyote, that's cool! How long does it take until harvest? I've been under the impression it takes years and years, like in the region of 30?

I'm Canadian and used something known to Canadians.
They have a Beaver on some of our money even.
I wasn't thinking about other Beavers. :ROFLMAO:

You never heard of it, because I'm the person who created it and those are F1's.
I used RSC Sherberghan Afghani males to pollinate an old Indica strain from the
80's sold by the Super Sativa Seed Club called Early Bird (M26).

My current goal is to make lots seeds of a new and fast flowering Hash Plant.

SSSC Early Bird (M26):

"An early Dutch cold-resistant strain. Inbreed for three generations. Breeding plants were selected
for early maturation and quality of the high. Some individuals will have purple seedbracts. Most
of the plants are very resinous. The yield varies from plant to plant. Harvest first/second week
of September."

Peyote in the wilds of Mexico take decades to grow. Indoors from seeds
they can be ready in as little as 3 years. But more time is better of course.

linde

80s SSSC genetics were some of the best this world has ever seen. My father grew the original Friesland for years outdoors in northern Michigan when I was a kid and eventually grew with him. Mid Sept finish huge 1/2 lb plants. Pink hairs floral pine sap smell and taste. I wonder how close that early bird was to it by the description. No more acid for me lol. I tripped 100s of times more than I should have. Had a buddy who had an uncle that was a chemist in San Jose California and he sent sheets of blotter acid in the mail to northern Michigan all throughout highschool. I saw God and I saw the Devil and everything in between. Man those years were a blurr.

troutman

Seed Whore
80s SSSC genetics were some of the best this world has ever seen. My father grew the original Friesland for years outdoors in northern Michigan when I was a kid and eventually grew with him. Mid Sept finish huge 1/2 lb plants. Pink hairs floral pine sap smell and taste. I wonder how close that early bird was to it by the description. No more acid for me lol. I tripped 100s of times more than I should have. Had a buddy who had an uncle that was a chemist in San Jose California and he sent sheets of blotter acid in the mail to northern Michigan all throughout highschool. I saw God and I saw the Devil and everything in between. Man those years were a blurr.

I got Friesland Indica as well. :peek:

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have some original sssc sk1 from one of nevils good friends. He got them direct from the dude that started sssc

Have you made any m39 crosses? I will be there are some gems in that gene pool

Def subbed to this one dude

mm

troutman

Seed Whore
M39? No, Friesland Indica are M33.

I actually crossed it with a real Colombian Gold and named it Colombian Pine.
It produced the nicest male ever. Looked like a female from far because of it's
solid structure. Even bottom branches where thick with pollen sacs.

This is a Colombian Pine indoors.

full

Here's that Colombian Pine male I used for making F2 seeds.

full

full

full

full

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
9 out of 10x male plants always look and smell the nicest early on

That cp is banging

mm

Thcvhunter

Veteran
I got Friesland Indica as well. :peek:
This past summer I met people of the East Coast who grew since back in the 70s.
I asked about the MOB. They all knew it and loved it, but only one old timer knew it was M33 x BB.

Theres some interesting local heirlooms around VT, MA area. Quite a few were looking like they had Friesland in there. The better ones looked like haze hybrids bred to M33 but I didnt ask specifics after smoking them.
But I noticed they didnt have much of a high, very fitting for Deadheads who dosed a lot and dont want to lose their balance. Still, saw a lot of them all fall to septoria and phytoplasma.
NY has much better heirlooms from what Ive seen, especially around Ithaca, Syracuse, pan-handle region.

troutman

Seed Whore
Just took these pics. What's wild about them is some plants are shorter than 12 inches
and have super wide blade leaves. These are sure looking like fat Hash Plants. :love:

Big Beaver Indica Left Group

full

This is a pic showing how wide one blade is 3 fingers wide and that plant is the one
in the pic above in the middle closest to me that may be only 9 inches tall.

Big Beaver Indica Wide Leaf

full

Big Beaver Indica Right Group

full

Big Beaver Indica

full

troutman

Seed Whore
Just smoked a joint from my test grow of these plants last year.
I think some Oldtimers would smile smelling a Dinosaur Hash Plant.
There's 100% no fruity Terps like so many strains grown today.

I'll isolate a single female once I send them into flowering into
another room and keep her seedless. The rest will make seeds.

Cheers