What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Biden: No Guns for Weed Smokers

audiohi

Veteran
Well here in America , the guys that started our country thought it was ok for people to have guns , so we will just keep it that way. Btw no one is running around with full automatics except for military and police . Bet when someone comes in your house you will wish you had a gun .

Right.

Just semi automatics modified to fire at near full auto rate.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i absolutely acknowledge that some gun control is necessary, and also that more could be done. "red flag" laws -could- be a good thing, IF (big word there) the seizures could be contested beforehand in front of an impartial judge. just going to LEO and crying "i'm scared of whoever!" is bullshit. i also think that background checks should be strengthened, and MUCH longer sentences should be handed out to those that sell personal weapons to those that should not be allowed to buy them. suicides cannot be prevented. if someone actually wants to die, there is no way to stop them. i would actually prefer that they shoot themselves at home rather than go out and kill themselves and maybe several others in a car wreck. get over that. we need much better mental health care in this country. the numbers i gave came up via Google. type in "how many defensive uses of firearms per year on average in the US? they range anywhere from 65,000 on up, the sky is the limit. the FBI, being federal LEO, has always been known to lowball instances of defensive use, particularly if nobody was shot. many states do not keep/report stats like that. no shots fired/no one hit is an outcome MOST people hope for. mass shootings? i wonder how many are drug violence or racial animus . how many are mentally ill, etc. NORMAL people do not go into theaters, churches etc and start shooting. you cannot justify punishing law-abiding citizens for the actions of criminals or the mentally ill. evil finds a way...

xtsho

They estimate that there are close to 466 million firearms in the USA with most of those being in civilian hands. That's significantly more than the population. No gun control is ever going to get these guns off the streets.

A good portion of the so called gun control advocates are scammers that make their living from it. If meaningful gun control was enacted then they would be out of a job. More guns means more money. It's like the homeless advocates that start a non-profit 501C corporation then start raking in donations and government grants. Much of that money is used to pay themselves large salaries, fancy offices, and trips to swanky resorts in the Caribbean where they party hard under the guise of "Team Building" seminars.

There's big money being made from the issues so they're never going to be resolved. Best to just move on understanding that guns in America are here to stay.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
i usually smoke a fatty before i go hunting gets me in the zone
9633fd74a85ece0338098ae372bb11c09dcabfe97fababc515ba6a75bd2278c1_1.jpg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I've lived and worked in the USA 🇺🇸 - in the past - and done the same in the UK - and many other nations - one thing I learned about guns and Americans - is that you would probably have greater success trying to take Kimchi off the Koreans - or Vodka off the Russians - than taking the right to bear firearms away from the Americans -

smirnoff420

i absolutely acknowledge that some gun control is necessary, and also that more could be done. "red flag" laws -could- be a good thing, IF (big word there) the seizures could be contested beforehand in front of an impartial judge. just going to LEO and crying "i'm scared of whoever!" is bullshit. i also think that background checks should be strengthened, and MUCH longer sentences should be handed out to those that sell personal weapons to those that should not be allowed to buy them. suicides cannot be prevented. if someone actually wants to die, there is no way to stop them. i would actually prefer that they shoot themselves at home rather than go out and kill themselves and maybe several others in a car wreck. get over that. we need much better mental health care in this country. the numbers i gave came up via Google. type in "how many defensive uses of firearms per year on average in the US? they range anywhere from 65,000 on up, the sky is the limit. the FBI, being federal LEO, has always been known to lowball instances of defensive use, particularly if nobody was shot. many states do not keep/report stats like that. no shots fired/no one hit is an outcome MOST people hope for. mass shootings? i wonder how many are drug violence or racial animus . how many are mentally ill, etc. NORMAL people do not go into theaters, churches etc and start shooting. you cannot justify punishing law-abiding citizens for the actions of criminals or the mentally ill. evil finds a way...

impartial judge, lol. It'll be just abused. They will just declare you insane or dangerous or whatever if you have the wrong opinion.

aklzaink1gv01.png

Or what things would've been like if they had guns.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
in spite of what many (most?) think, there actually ARE impartial judges out there, folks with no ax to grind and willing to listen with an open mind. having said that, in ANY and ALL court cases, SOMEONE is gonna lose and leave the courtroom thinking "goddam fucking thief!" 'tis reality, and reality sucks... :shucks:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
than taking the right to bear firearms away from the Americans
a "right" is a "right". it is not a governmental dispensed "privilege" which may be canceled like a drivers license. in my view, a "right" may be voluntarily ceded if one is so inclined (and ignorant), but not voted away by other people. look at self defense. you will always have the right to defend yourself if attacked even if the government wants to punish you for your actions IMHO. no sane/intelligent person would even try to argue this point. :tiphat:
No gun control is ever going to get these guns off the streets.
hell, they can't keep them out of prisons! if you have a vise, a drill press, and a few files, you can make a serviceable pistol in your garage, illiterate tribesmen in the mountains of Afghanistan and Pakistan have been making copies of AKs for a long time in workshops much inferior to many garages here in the states. the "secret" to making gunpowder has been out of the bag for even longer, lol...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
lol.

hope you've been stocking up on ammo

there's a shortage you now

supply and demand or something
there WAS a shortage. seems to be easing up now. really top-notch .357 hollowpoint stuff is still slow to show up on the shelves. i've got enough to keep me going the rest of my life without using the reloading supplies i have on hand. well, it will be enough unless i get into a gun battle with the local sheriffs department, lol.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
A good portion of the so called gun control advocates are scammers that make their living from it.
ditto anti-cannabis legalization foes that makes their money "fighting the demon weed".. looking at YOU, Kevin Sabet and Robert DuPont! get a job! :mad:🖕 an HONEST job!

Reactions: Gry

Ca++

mass shootings? i wonder how many are drug violence or racial animus . how many are mentally ill, etc. NORMAL people do not go into theaters, churches etc and start shooting. you cannot justify punishing law-abiding citizens for the actions of criminals or the mentally ill. evil finds a way...
In a way, you are saying guns are fine, just as long as it's only nutters and criminals killing people with them.
Excusing these from a balanced look at gun crime, means there is no gun crime.

In the first 6 months of this year, just over 50 people a day were shot dead. Times that by 365, and we are on target for 18,000 deaths. Not uses of a gun like the 65k, but actually dead. So on average, someone is killed in every 14x14 grid square. Each year, and we might live for 80. It has to come close.

I didn't include suicide. Though I wish they would eat pills. Blowing one's brains out, is bad for property values.

smirnoff420

Why is it that, after hundreds of years of guns in America, now there a mass shootings? There was no such thing in the 1960ies. Why is it that every grown man in Swiss has a rifle at home (all swiss male citizens are reserve), yet there is almost no murder by gun (as well as almost no murder by anything)? There's plenty of other countries which have guns accessible for everybody, yet very low gun crime*.

It is because leftists destroyed society, and now those same leftists want to ban guns.

*BTW, another language manipulation by the leftists, there is no gun crime actually, guns cannot commit a crime, only people can.

audiohi

Veteran
Why is it that, after hundreds of years of guns in America, now there a mass shootings? There was no such thing in the 1960ies. Why is it that every grown man in Swiss has a rifle at home (all swiss male citizens are reserve), yet there is almost no murder by gun (as well as almost no murder by anything)? There's plenty of other countries which have guns accessible for everybody, yet very low gun crime*.

It is because leftists destroyed society, and now those same leftists want to ban guns.

*BTW, another language manipulation by the leftists, there is no gun crime actually, guns cannot commit a crime, only people can.

you sure about that?

1960s​

DateLocationDeadInjuredTotalDescription
May 21–25, 1969Greensboro, North Carolina227291969 Greensboro uprising: Student protestors, police officers and members of the National Guardexchanged gunfire on the campuses of James B. Dudley High School and North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, due to civil rightsissues. Two were killed and twenty-seven injured.[270]
January 1, 1969Westernville, New York5[n 1]510Westernville New Year's Day shooting: A man opened fire at a family gathering, killing four people and wounding five others. He committed suicide the following morning.[271]
July 23–24, 1968Cleveland, Ohio61218Glenville shootout: A gun battle between the Cleveland Police Department and the Black Nationalists of New Libya led to six people being killed and at least twelve injured, and sparked the Glenville Riots.[272]
June 25, 1968Good Hart, Michigan606Robison family murders: While vacationing, a family was shot and killed, with the parents also bludgeoned with a hammer. The investigation continued for fifteen months after the bodies were discovered.[273]
June 5, 1968Los Angeles, California156Assassination of Robert F. Kennedy: Politician Robert F. Kennedy was killed and five others wounded in a shooting attack at a hotel. The shooter, Palestinian Sirhan Sirhan, was sentenced to life imprisonment.[274]
February 8, 1968Orangeburg, South Carolina32730South Carolina State University shooting: After responding to the scene of about 200 protestors protesting racial segregation, after an officer was assaulted, officers began to shoot into the crowd; three people were killed and twenty-seven injured.
October 23, 1967Clinton County, Pennsylvania7[n 1]6131967 Clinton County, Pennsylvania shootings: A man opened fire at his workplace in Lock Haven, killing 5 before driving to a nearby airport and wounding a woman. He then drove to Logantonwhere he fatally shot his neighbor and wounded his wife. The shooter was fatally shot by police after a gunfight.[275]
November 12, 1966Mesa, Arizona527Rose-Mar College of Beauty shooting: A gunman inspired by other mass murderers held seven women at gunpoint at a cosmetology college, including two babies, before fatally shooting five of them and wounding two.
August 1, 1966Austin, Texas17[n 1][n 16]3148University of Texas tower shooting: A student and former Marine sharpshooter killed his wife and mother before using the University of Texas clock tower as a sniper's nest to kill 15 people, including a pregnant woman, and wound 31 before being killed by police.
June 17, 1966Paterson, New Jersey3141966 Paterson, New Jersey bar shooting: Two men opened fire in a bar, killing three people and wounding another. A boxer and another man were wrongfully convicted and imprisoned for 18 years.[276]
April 25, 1965Orcutt, California4[n 1]10141965 Highway 101 sniper attack: A 16-year-old stole his father's military rifle and shot at automobiles driving down the highway, killing two and injuring eleven before committing suicide. A third victim died later at the hospital.[277]
May 27, 1962Martinsburg, Iowa516McBeth family murders: Five family members were killed and another was wounded by a relative. The shooter was arrested five days later.[278]

1950s​

December 19, 1959Osprey, Florida404Walker Family Murders: A husband and wife were murdered along with their two children after returning home. The wife was also raped prior to being killed.[279]
November 15, 1959Holcomb, Kansas404Clutter Family Murders: Four members of the Clutter family, parents and two teenage children were shot and killed in their home by two robbers.[280]
January 18, 1958Maxton, North Carolina044Battle of Hayes Pond: During a publicized Ku Klux Klan rally there was a clash between Lumbee Indians and Klan members, causing a disruption of the rally and four Klansmen to be wounded. Most of the resulting news coverage condemned the Klansmen and praised the Lumbees.[281]
March 1, 1954Washington D.C.0551954 United States Capitol shooting: Four Puerto Rican nationalists shot from the Ladies Gallery of the House of Representatives chamber and wounded five Representatives.[282]
November 17, 1950Franklin Township and Minotola, New Jersey549Franklin Township shooting: A man shot his wife and her family members in three homes, killing five of her relatives and wounding his wife and three others.

1940s​

September 6, 1949Camden, New Jersey13316'Walk of Death' Killings by Howard Unruh: The perpetrator walked through his neighborhood for 12 minutes and killed thirteen; including three children, and injured three.[283]
July 25, 1946Walton County, Georgia404Moore's Ford Lynching: Four young African Americans composed of two married couples were lynched by a white mob and were shot and killed.[284]
July 8, 1945Salina, Utah91928Utah Prisoner of War Massacre: Nine German POWs were killed and nineteen wounded by an American Army Private who shot at them while on guard duty.[285]

1930s​

October 24, 1935Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico527Rio Piedras Massacre: During a student assembly armed guards had been requested in case of violence. After stopping a suspicious vehicle a struggle ensued and four members of the Puerto Rican National party were killed as well as a bystander and a student and officer wounded.[286]
November 5, 1934Kelayres, Pennsylvania512–2517–30Kelayres Massacre: An election-eve parade and rally was shot at as it passed by the home of the local Republican boss, three victims died and between twelve and twenty-five were wounded.[287]
June 17, 1933Kansas City, Missouri538Kansas City Massacre: Four law enforcement officers and a fugitive were killed, with three law enforcement officers wounded in a shootout between the two groups.[288]
September 8, 1933Belfast, Maine5[n 1]051933 Belfast shooting: A gunman shot four men to death on the street before fatally shooting himself in a blacksmith shop.[289]
March 6, 1933Cleveland, Ohio6[n 1]6121933 Cleveland shootings: A mentally ill man shot five people to death and injured six others before being shot to death by police.[290]
January 2, 1932Brookline, Missouri606Young Brothers massacre: Two criminals shot and killed six police officers during an attempted arrest.[291]

1920s​

December 25, 1929Germanton, North Carolina7[n 1]07Murder of the Lawson family: Charles Lawson shot and killed his wife and five children, and bludgeoned his youngest child to death, before committing suicide. The second eldest child survived after being sent on an errand.[292]
February 14, 1929Chicago, Illinois707Saint Valentine's Day Massacre: Seven members and associates of Chicago's North Side Gangwere shot and killed execution style against a garage wall.[293]
August 22, 1928Fairfield, California11[n 31]011Fairfield massacre: The perpetrator, armed with a lever-action rifle and a hatchet, attacked the ranch where he used to work, killing eleven people before fleeing.[294]
November 21, 1927Serene, Colorado606Columbine Mine Massacre: A fight broke out between striking coal mine workers and Colorado state militia. The unarmed miners claimed that they were fired upon by a mine tipple or machine gun, which is disputed by police.[295]
September 9, 1924Hanapepe, Hawaii20020Hanapepe Massacre: During a strike of Filipino sugar workers, in an attempt to rescue two hostage strikebreakers police killed 16 strikers, while strikers killed four law enforcement members.[296]
January 1923Levy County, Florida827–15035–158Rosewood Massacre: The massacre was a racially motivated massacre and destruction of the town of Rosewood after a white woman claimed she was beaten and raped by a black man. The town was overrun by a white mob who hunted for the black inhabitants who had fled the area and hid in surrounding swamps before being evacuated. Six black and two white individuals were killed and between 27 and 150 were wounded.[297]
June 21–22, 1922Herrin, Illinois23023Herrin Massacre: During a United Mineworkers of America nationwide strike union miners shot at strikebreakers working at the mine. The mine's guards killed three union miners on June 21, and the miners killed 20 strikebreakers and guards on June 22.[298]
May 31 – June 1, 1921Greenwood, Tulsa, Oklahoma36–300
[299][300]
800+836+
(exact number disputed)
Tulsa race massacre: Armed white mobs attacked black residents and businesses in the Greenwood District of Tulsa, then the wealthiest black community in the U.S., known as "Black Wall Street".[301]
November 2, 1920Ocoee, Florida34–37unknown34–37+Ocoee massacre: White mob attack on African-American residents on day of the 1920 presidential election. Started because a black man wanted to vote. All black-owned property seized and population reduced to 0 for 60 years.[302]

xtsho

Oh good grief. Most ridiculous post in this thread.

The problem with society is the ignorant Us vs Them / Left vs Right mentality which is prevalent among the extremists on both sides. There was s time when intelligent people were able to work together. Now the normal people stand on the sidelines trying to go about their business while the whackos on both sides scream and yell incessantly about anything and everything because they hate their lives.

xtsho

There were almost twice as many people killed in mass shootings during the 4 years of the trump administration as there were during the 8 years of the Obama administration. The numbers don't lie. It's best to believe facts than some political brainwashing propaganda which so many seem to have fallen under in recent years.