What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Biden: No Guns for Weed Smokers

Old Piney

Please you all just gotta stop The BS ,NO Repulicans , NRA members or gun enthusiasts are against proper gun laws , applications or federal background checks (that we in fact already have ) but I'm out of the conversation, might as well be talking to the wall

audiohi

Veteran
Please you all just gotta stop The BS ,NO Repulicans , NRA members or gun enthusiasts are against proper gun laws , applications or federal background checks (that we in fact already have ) but I'm out of the conversation, might as well be talking to the wall

I mean, I hope you don't use cannabis and own guns because according to you, that is in fact a crime.

audiohi

Veteran
how do you figure? many legal eagles say the indictment is just a waste of time now that a unanimous panel of the 5th circuit court of appeals (and a few other judges) has held that prohibiting a drug user from owning firearms is on its face unconstitutional. did he lie on the form ? absolutely. will they find him guilty after wasting their time on a trial ? not likely. it is very rare for cases like this to even be considered, much less charged. keeping guns from "dangerous individuals" does not extend to anyone that breaks any laws, just those that are actually dangerous, which the vast majority of drug users are not. they should concentrate on his tax charges, he's already said "guilty as charged" to those. nothing has changed except the plea bargain fell apart because the GOP wants the death penalty (or as close as they can get in trying to hurt his father politically) over lying on a federal form that most of us DO lie on. oops, almost forgot -:confused: LOL!

Not gonna wast my breath

why not?

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I mean, I hope you don't use cannabis and own guns because according to you, that is in fact a crime.
fuck it. we are ALL criminals in the eyes of the federal govt. life is a buffet, and we get to pick and choose which laws make sense, and which ones to ignore. i'm not saying you won't regret your decisions at some point, lol...even the police ignore the guns/drugs fiasco 99% of the time. every single time i've been arrested with cannabis, i had firearms on me, normally coming home from or during a hunting trip. but we weren't doing stupid shit, so they didn't either.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
If we had a Public Gathering with people holding firearms over their heads - and smoking pot -
i wouldn't do that if i was you. actually BEING intoxicated while having a firearm in possession is technically illegal, at least out in public. if i'm not mistaken, there is no place where smoking cannabis in public is legal whether you are armed or not. they hammer morons here for drinking/PD while armed, and rightfully so IMHO. alcohol brings out the inner dickhead buried in many folks...never seen that happen with weed. :cool:

Charles Dankens

Not gonna wast my breath
Ya don't wast
Screenshot_20220212-160110_Chrome.jpg

xtsho

Ca++

no two people agree on what a "proper" gun law is. or what "reasonable" means in that context. :confused:
Does anyone need a 9mm pistol?

In the UK, if you have a fair few sheep, they might let you have a bullet gun. It would be a rifle though. For killing a fox, not it's dinner choice.

I can't think of a good use for a pistol to be honest. It's just a close combat thing, in limited space, where it's people are are probably shooting. In which case, the person being shot, usually didn't need shooting.

Why not take pistols away, unless stored at the club, or in the hands of law enforcement. I don't see many kids sneaking a rifle out the house, and into school.
Then lets look at full automatics. Is there a need for that, other than mowing people down by the dozen? A marksman or hunter doesn't get better by filling the air with lead. Tap Tap, or you missed it. A fully automatic is for soldiers taking on entire armies.

I think the prudent course, is limiting the home protection lobby, to a couple of mass produced pistol designs, with interchangeable parts. So if the vikings invade, you all have serviceable gear. With a crate of munitions at the council house, that everybody can use. There is no logic to having so many different hand guns, for just one purpose.
There could be an entry level 'pea shooter' and some handling tests to get hold of the bigger version. That's typical home invasion covered.
Got a farm? then you get the rifle.
Need to protect a business on that farm, then it's a handling exam, for the big gun.
Sport use? is it? really? It doesn't seem very sporting.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
THE most popular caliber for self defense, military, and law enforcement. so, yes. do you have one for sale at a good price? send me a text...
. In which case, the person being shot, usually didn't need shooting.
LOL! MOST self-defense shootings, the guy that got shot, absolutely needed shooting. think home break-ins, car jackings, attempted kidnappings, rapes, armed robberies. if YOU want to be a victim, nobody will make you buy a firearm to defend yourself or family. :confused: latest comprehensive data suggest self-defense firearms use averages over 1.5 million times a year (in the US), and anecdotal reports say it is far higher, possibly over 40 million. FBI is known to under-report these drastically. you don't always have to pull the trigger to stop an attacker. they prefer unarmed victims... like you.
marksman or hunter doesn't get better by filling the air with lead.
nobody, and i mean NOBODY, uses a full-auto to hunt with. to start with, it is absolutely illegal everywhere that i am aware of. not to mention very inaccurate.
then don't go. a lot more to hunting than your "condensed" version.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
It's very much still the 'Wild West' - in many places - where 'The Peacemaker' - is a gun - and its hard to disagree with those that might use one as a deterrent to being robbed - molested - or even killed - by others with bad intentions and deadly weapons - where good self-defence leads to longevity -

True 'Peace in our Time' - is a very rare commodity - when everyone is trying not to get shot -

Last edited:

sleazyB

In the UK, if you have a fair few sheep, they might let you have a bullet gun. It would be a rifle though. For killing a fox, not it's dinner choice.

I can't think of a good use for a pistol to be honest. It's just a close combat thing, in limited space, where it's people are are probably shooting. In which case, the person being shot, usually didn't need shooting.

Why not take pistols away, unless stored at the club, or in the hands of law enforcement. I don't see many kids sneaking a rifle out the house, and into school.
Then lets look at full automatics. Is there a need for that, other than mowing people down by the dozen? A marksman or hunter doesn't get better by filling the air with lead. Tap Tap, or you missed it. A fully automatic is for soldiers taking on entire armies.

I think the prudent course, is limiting the home protection lobby, to a couple of mass produced pistol designs, with interchangeable parts. So if the vikings invade, you all have serviceable gear. With a crate of munitions at the council house, that everybody can use. There is no logic to having so many different hand guns, for just one purpose.
There could be an entry level 'pea shooter' and some handling tests to get hold of the bigger version. That's typical home invasion covered.
Got a farm? then you get the rifle.
Need to protect a business on that farm, then it's a handling exam, for the big gun.
Well here in America , the guys that started our country thought it was ok for people to have guns , so we will just keep it that way. Btw no one is running around with full automatics except for military and police . Bet when someone comes in your house you will wish you had a gun .

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club

Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance? Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.
could we apply that same question to a drivers license? or any other license
how you would you answer?

It's very much still the 'Wild West' - in many places - where 'The Peacemaker' - is a gun - and its hard to disagree with those that might use one as a deterrent to being robbed - molested - or even killed - by others with bad intentions and deadly weapons - where good self-defence leads to longevity -

True 'Peace in our Time' - is a very rare commodity - when everyone is trying not to get shot -
its sad about how things are now but that would be another thread
the peacemaker was an iconic gun and was as much an essential tool as the plough ot the wheel in Americas expansion westward
the west was truly wild back in the settler days

and whats with the hate for the fll auto? it makes you looks bad ass and the squirrels deserved every bit of what they got

Ca++

Well here in America , the guys that started our country thought it was ok for people to have guns , so we will just keep it that way.
So no law should ever be changed? Have you considered the people who started your country came from elsewhere, and have made them illegal.
Btw no one is running around with full automatics except for military and police
Nobody has an Uzi or AK47? I must be getting some odd news feeds then.
Bet when someone comes in your house you will wish you had a gun .
Oh that's been and gone a couple of times. I wish they didn't have a gun actually, but the idea that a gun tips the balance didn't play out.

Ca++

THE most popular caliber for self defense, military, and law enforcement. so, yes. do you have one for sale at a good price? send me a text...

LOL! MOST self-defense shootings, the guy that got shot, absolutely needed shooting. think home break-ins, car jackings, attempted kidnappings, rapes, armed robberies. if YOU want to be a victim, nobody will make you buy a firearm to defend yourself or family. :confused: latest comprehensive data suggest self-defense firearms use averages over 1.5 million times a year (in the US), and anecdotal reports say it is far higher, possibly over 40 million. FBI is known to under-report these drastically. you don't always have to pull the trigger to stop an attacker. they prefer unarmed victims... like you.

nobody, and i mean NOBODY, uses a full-auto to hunt with. to start with, it is absolutely illegal everywhere that i am aware of. not to mention very inaccurate.

then don't go. a lot more to hunting than your "condensed" version.
So you have some gun control then, and accept that?

Statistics are good. Though often cherry picked. Lets see your comprehensive source, and look at some others they offer.
I'm thinking 500 mass shootings this year, and we are not in the 4th quarter yet. Or the fact half of shootings are suicide, and the other half murder. So in terms of a pie chart, that 40 million slice seems a big number, but out of context. Then we could look at how many people get shot with their own gun, to really see how useful they are (outside of the trained circle we both speak of)

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor

Innocents Betrayed - The History of Gun Control - FULL LENGTH​

Many more have died from gun control than the opposite.

Ca++

Innocents Betrayed - The History of Gun Control - FULL LENGTH​

Many more have died from gun control than the opposite.

I wish I had an hour to read your post. Can you perhaps condense it a little? The title seems a little hard to stomach. America is very much an outlier in this refusal to believe less guns would mean less shootings. Just about every other country has very tight controls, and the history of what happened after they were introduced. Which the pro-guns people obviously won't look at