What's new

BHOgart Extractor Thread

Zipsort

Use the ice formation on the outside of the recovery spool to monitor how much liquid butane is left while you're recovering , you can find the ideal amount to still get a good pour. they also make something they call the shatter platter that is a removable bottom plate to make less spool to pour out through. :tiphat:

I assumed there were more zeros involved in the amount you were going to be scraping when I made the workflow remark.

I have the viewing port on my collection chamber so I can get a good idea how much is left. And I have my recovery almost completely submerged so I can't see any ice build up on it.

What exactly is a spool?

And yeah this is only my second run thru this thing. I have probabaly a couple hundred 5# runs left to do and that's not including any of my neighbors

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
I have the viewing port on my collection chamber so I can get a good idea how much is left. And I have my recovery almost completely submerged so I can't see any ice build up on it.

What exactly is a spool?

And yeah this is only my second run thru this thing. I have probabaly a couple hundred 5# runs left to do and that's not including any of my neighbors

Sanitary spool is the trade term for the parts these machines are mostly built out of.

Best of luck with all your runs.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Thanks Kcar. I'd like the removable base i've seen around, and I'd like to try use my existing lid. Where can I source something appropriate? What size or options suggest?

The problem with using your existing lid is that 6" is just
too narrow. Even is you got a 6" x 10" spool, it wouldn't improve
your recovery times. Really, you would want a 10x10 or 10x12
or even a 12x12.

The bigger size makes scraping easier. We use a Skillitool XXL and a razor blade.

Glacier Tanks has all the parts...

Zipsort

Do you guys recommend ptfe gaskets instead of the supplied rubber gaskets? I am going to order a bunch of safe parts (nuts, bolts, washers & gaskets) just in case.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Do you guys recommend ptfe gaskets instead of the supplied rubber gaskets? I am going to order a bunch of safe parts (nuts, bolts, washers & gaskets) just in case.

If your not going cryo temps, they are not necessary...

Zipsort

If your not going cryo temps, they are not necessary...

I'm going to be ordering extras anyway so for the extra few bucks might as well get them, correct? I am trying to figure a way to cryo.. but I'm off solar power and generator for everything so I can hardly even produce enough ice at this point.

Any ideas on off grid cooling? Looking at restraurant ice makers, but I'd like to find a better method.

What do you use to clean your collection chambers? Anything cheaper/better than iso?

Thanks for the quick replies fellas

flatslabs

Don't get them unless you need them, they are harder to get sealed than viton in the larger sizes unless you have the high pressure clamps.

generalgrievous

collector of lightsabers.. and fine cannabis genet
ICMag Donor
Hello I have a BHOgart 1# unit I have been using for about 9 mos. I've had issues when warming up the spool during recovery. To prevent the honey from shooting right back up the column and into my appion, I have been using minimal to no heat.
Now, after showering for about 15 min with no heat during recovery, it's obvious that the pool fills to the top allowing the precious product to get once again pulled right into the appion.
I think it may be time to invest in some mods for this unit. Would finding a bigger spool for the "stok #1 bhogart" prevent this issue?

..I use a vapor view going from the collection pot to the apppion on the collection vessel .. this gives you a visual so you KNOW no liquid is traveling to the appion ..typically if you geta bit of soup sucking into your reducer and column it's NOT traveling to the appion .. I've learned to avoid that back vac suck by using 75 or cooler h2o and starting the water bath before still at or above +10hg on the low side..

..I also use a 1#er .. hope that helps. .

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Get a dry ice freezer , a bunch of dry ice from air gas , and gallons of denatured alcohol.

Put your tank in a pickle barrel in the dry ice/alc bath...Boom!

generalgrievous

collector of lightsabers.. and fine cannabis genet
ICMag Donor
I don't believe I got enough cans in the system. When I was loading cans, I loaded about 18-20 of them before it really stopped taking them in, it would only take like half the can. I unfortunately did not read about doing the whole recover thing to fit more cans in (I thought the idea was to load all the cans in the collection chamber, to get out the mystery oil without ever getting to the recovery chamber)

Anyway, I believe I am way under my solvent level. Also, I am off grid hours from town and didn't have a scale available so I never got to weigh my chamber.

I tried purging my recovery tank and a TON of air blasted out so I stopped. Should I let all the air escape that is in the recovery tank? The whole time when I was doing my run the red gauge never went over 50 psi.

So.. the questions.

Is there a way to somewhat check how much solvent I have in recovery? If so, is it easy to just throw in a few more cans? And if not, the best way is to empty my tank and start all over again?

View Image

.. you Do need to know the weight of your recovery tank empty .. it really helped me understand exactly what's going on to run with my unit itself on a tared out scale for the entire run..
....by freezing the can prior to charging you can use the warmth of your hands to blow every last drop out of the can ..Just rock it back and forth when it's almost done ..press your palms against it. .. .
.. charge your system with as little or as many cans as you need prior to your run to add tane to your future runs. .I don't lose any n-tane between runs now that I charge the system with propane prior to each run .. yields and quality are up...
.. what's purging out of your tank you're recovery tank im gonna guess is vaporized tane ..pane .. and isopentene. . not air. .. what temp is your recovery when you bleed it ..?

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
I'm going to be ordering extras anyway so for the extra few bucks might as well get them, correct? I am trying to figure a way to cryo.. but I'm off solar power and generator for everything so I can hardly even produce enough ice at this point.

Any ideas on off grid cooling? Looking at restraurant ice makers, but I'd like to find a better method.

What do you use to clean your collection chambers? Anything cheaper/better than iso?

Thanks for the quick replies fellas

Don't get them unless you need them, they are harder to get sealed than viton in the larger sizes unless you have the high pressure clamps.

We found they leaked unless with a high pressure clamp. I like the tri clamps much more, just dont over tighten them...

Get a dry ice freezer , a bunch of dry ice from air gas , and gallons of denatured alcohol.

Put your tank in a pickle barrel in the dry ice/alc bath...Boom!

This man knows whats up!!! But instead of a pickle barrel(hard to get here) you can use a 10 gallon Igloo cooler from Home Depot, recovery tanks slip right inside..

Zipsort

.. you Do need to know the weight of your recovery tank empty .. it really helped me understand exactly what's going on to run with my unit itself on a tared out scale for the entire run..
....by freezing the can prior to charging you can use the warmth of your hands to blow every last drop out of the can ..Just rock it back and forth when it's almost done ..press your palms against it. .. .
.. charge your system with as little or as many cans as you need prior to your run to add tane to your future runs. .I don't lose any n-tane between runs now that I charge the system with propane prior to each run .. yields and quality are up...
.. what's purging out of your tank you're recovery tank im gonna guess is vaporized tane ..pane .. and isopentene. . not air. .. what temp is your recovery when you bleed it ..?

Yeah, I'm ordering a scale for it this week. I am just using a bathroom/body scale and weighing myself holding the chamber, then subtracting my weight lol

Also, I'm gonna pick up a tank of ecogreen ntane this week when I go into town and gonna give that a try.

How can I speed up the process of extracting? I'm doing my third run today and its taking forever to get down to the sight glass, almost 20 minutes?

So should I always be bleeding the recovery tank when its cold?

Zipsort

run your g5 while blasting

Yeah the recovery pump is on. I feel like there is a blockage or something, the solvent only made it to the first tube it seems. ITs been 20 minutes and its not flowing.. psi is at 35 collect / 50 recovery

Should I turn it off and repack the tube?

Zipsort

Sounds like you might have packed the tube too tight.....

Indeed. I took the top tube off and just ran them both seperately and it worked flawless.

I think I actually like that better. Have a bunch of packed single tubes and just swap them out one after the other

Waiting on recovery for my last tube but 3rd run is looking prime at least 140g

Latest posts

Latest posts