What's new

BHOgart Extractor Thread

Permacultuure

Veteran
Mt69 is only necessary if your using a cps tr21 but can be helpful with an appion or promax. To pour you would want to recover to -10 ish. This utilizes the butane as a carrier onto your parchment.

Zipsort

Mt69 is only necessary if your using a cps tr21 but can be helpful with an appion or promax. To pour you would want to recover to -10 ish. This utilizes the butane as a carrier onto your parchment.

AH, that makes sense because he also recommended I get the TR21 instead of my appion.

I did recover to about -10. And it was super sticky, hardly any tane left in it. Would me being low on solvent cause being at -10 not at all pourable?

Permacultuure

Veteran
Yeah most likely. I normally run at minimum 10-12 lbs of tane so -10 worked well for me in the past. It's been a long time since I poured though. Having viewing ports on the lid are really helpful for pour tech.

Zipsort

Yeah most likely. I normally run at minimum 10-12 lbs of tane so -10 worked well for me in the past. It's been a long time since I poured though. Having viewing ports on the lid are really helpful for pour tech.

Ok. Cool. Gonna add more for round 2 tomorrow.

Yeah I have the viewing ports on mine. I waited until it almost looked shattery before stopping it so probably my fault, but hey, it was my absolute first run ever thru the thing. PLENTY more to come.

Long time since pour? Is there better method? You like scraping better? I feel I agitated my collection too much and got it foamy from scraping. It looked like yellow foam, I am finally getting it to shatter now after folding and flipping in the oven all day.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Skilletool XXL

picture.php

And a razor blade...

flatslabs

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, I don't do the pour method, but it is my understanding you need to be using PTFE sheets. I believe the stuff that makes parchment non-stick is silicone, so you are absorbing that into your product if you are putting unpurged material onto it.

Lono

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, I don't do the pour method, but it is my understanding you need to be using PTFE sheets. I believe the stuff that makes parchment non-stick is silicone, so you are absorbing that into your product if you are putting unpurged material onto it.

Correct. I pour onto Oilslick's "slick sheet" and have great results.

Lately I've been considering other options though. Such as having a larger roll custom ordered, or just having sheets made to fit the shelves perfectly. Either way will be better I feel, as $25 for 3 pours is getting pretty ridiculous!

(the roll is 48", and I'm using a 1.9. So I get 3 and a bunch of scrape that is useless)

Zipsort

Skilletool XXL

View Image

And a razor blade...

Yeah that looks clutch. Sending my guy out to town to get one right now. Im a hour and a half from SC actually.. he thinks he might be able to find em at the hydrostore on 41st?

I didn't like scraping it with this kitchen spoon we had, it got super foamy and agitated, but its starting to shatter up after a few flips in the oven. Not bad for trim!

Ideally pouring into pyrex would be what I'd like to accomplish and then further purge.

Attachments

• IMG_3873.jpg
    IMG_3873.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3876.jpg
    IMG_3876.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 14

Zipsort

if you pour in to the pyrex getting it off once it's shatter will have it exploding everywhere.

Not too worried about that, been scraping shatter out of Pyrex pie plates for years got my tech down on that

So I just did another 5# run. I poured it out. Shit is messy as hell still, left yellow foam all over the collection chamber.

Gonna take a bit of practice still.. Looks like that's my only weak point currently

Also, how tight are you guys packing? If at all?

gliders420

Hey so what about those copper washers we were talking about.... Is the a specific type to look for? Or will any 1/4 inch copper washers work?

flatslabs

What hoses are you using? The only copper crush washer on most systems is on the filter drier. The rubber hoses from robinair and yellowjacket have rubber o-rings.

The PTFE / Steel overbraid JIC hoses from Unisource are metal to metal seal, no copper washer needed, just a wrench.

bonafide

Hello I have a BHOgart 1# unit I have been using for about 9 mos. I've had issues when warming up the spool during recovery. To prevent the honey from shooting right back up the column and into my appion, I have been using minimal to no heat.
Now, after showering for about 15 min with no heat during recovery, it's obvious that the pool fills to the top allowing the precious product to get once again pulled right into the appion.
I think it may be time to invest in some mods for this unit. Would finding a bigger spool for the "stok #1 bhogart" prevent this issue?

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Talking to me? I already scraped like 80 grams today. I need to perfect my pour method. Do you have any suggestions?

Use the ice formation on the outside of the recovery spool to monitor how much liquid butane is left while you're recovering , you can find the ideal amount to still get a good pour. they also make something they call the shatter platter that is a removable bottom plate to make less spool to pour out through. :tiphat:

I assumed there were more zeros involved in the amount you were going to be scraping when I made the workflow remark.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Hello I have a BHOgart 1# unit I have been using for about 9 mos. I've had issues when warming up the spool during recovery. To prevent the honey from shooting right back up the column and into my appion, I have been using minimal to no heat.
Now, after showering for about 15 min with no heat during recovery, it's obvious that the pool fills to the top allowing the precious product to get once again pulled right into the appion.
I think it may be time to invest in some mods for this unit. Would finding a bigger spool for the "stok #1 bhogart" prevent this issue?

Yes! The 6x6 is way too small.