What's new

BHO with hash ? is it possible ?

jump117

Veteran
...i ll see which solvent i can get easily, maybe will try some hospital to check if they have alcool... hexane sounds good, but i wouldn t know where to find it here. ...
tomorrow i m free it is saturday, so i ll go solvent hunting ! btw alcool is not banned at all in nepal...

Test a solvent before use for safety please!:tiphat:

If a solvent doesn't leave oily or dusty residue after evaporation it is OK,
otherwise the residue will mix with a resin extract and will go into your body.
My choice is ethanol 96%.

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
thanks a lot for the replies, i finally got some ethanol, not sure about purity but it is good.
i made some iso, got around 4/5g out of 48g of hash. check my kathmandu thread in the smoke report section !

++

Stonerguy

thanks a lot for the replies, i finally got some ethanol, not sure about purity but it is good.
i made some iso, got around 4/5g out of 48g of hash. check my kathmandu thread in the smoke report section !

++

So only like a return of 8-10%??? I was expecting more of a 40-50% return?? I dunno I don't know much about hash making/ oil making let alone making oil out of traditional sifted pressed hash. I have no idea but isn't that like the same percentage if doing it on nice buds?

Were particles that wouldn't dissolve fully? Did you filter weigh these?

I think I might go to the local ace today and look for a BHO setup maybe with the hash? I already have a clean acetone (safer). But I like how traditional BHO turns out.

Any advice from anyone was thinking a stainless tube maybe like a 1 inch to 1 1/2 to hold 7-10 grams broken up hash. Just keep pumping butane until it starts to become clear? Im pretty sure I can go up to lowes and pretty much have this custom made (Im am pretty sure they cut pipe up there?)

jump117

Veteran
Hash'es density requires a time to dissolve, it is not quick. Thus I have doubt about a tube extraction applied to hash.

Stonerguy

Hash'es density requires a time to dissolve, it is not quick. Thus I have doubt about a tube extraction applied to hash.

And using a thermos (Reading somewhere on here) you could let it sit for a long time. Also with the amount of hash im going to be doing it on 7-9 grams isn't to much.... If I can brake it up well enough im positive it work.

I know this seems like to much work to get oil specifically BHO from my hash but variety is the spice of life and I want some high quality oil!! Maybe buy like a eitght or quater of buds and mix the 2 up well so the hash will have a nice long soak time....

But can anyone answer my question about the thermos? I dunno something about a insulated tube for longer soak times>

bloyd

Veteran
That Sounds Deadly

That Sounds Deadly

I mix my oils with hash all the time. This is BOG LSD Bubble Hash with Bigens destroyer BHO.

picture.php

Bubble Soaked With Destroyer BHO, I Would Almost Be Afraid to Hit That! LOL

jump117

Veteran
But can anyone answer my question about the thermos? I dunno something about a insulated tube for longer soak times>

Hi Stonerguy!

To me the story of a thermos-flask had started here and then continued here, here and here.

The idea and its realization is very simple to do. Click and read to learn about this technology.

When it is cold outside you may also use a coffee-press vessel or a tea-pot of pyrex type glass.

Have to pre-chill all the instruments involved.

BuddhaSt4nk

hey guys i have a bit of a problem.. i ran 2.5 grams of bubble hash, and expected about 70% even 60% at least... i got about .4 of BHO in the aftermath. What did i do wrong!?!? please someone get back to me, i used a stainless steel extraction tube and ran it with collibri butane. please get back @ me.

Nickog

yes you can make BHO out of hash. many people do it with bubble hash but im sure that the kind you have will work great. you should expect over a 70% return or some nice shatter oilz.

I personally would rather have oil than hash because you cant smoke hash off a Ti plate or dome and nail setup. you either have to smoke the hash off a scree (dont work all that great) or on bud. Really the Ti is the best way and you most be in oil form to do it. blast away brother

not everyone understands us oil heads lol

If you consider yourself an "oilhead", then tell me what you think is the best type and/or way to make oil?

BuddhaSt4nk

bump... please im sorry to sound annoying but i just want to know if i did anything wrong for my next extraction.. please get back at me PM me or anything, thanks..
peace & pot:tiphat:

dope_roor

If you consider yourself an "oilhead", then tell me what you think is the best type and/or way to make oil?

BHO

bump... please im sorry to sound annoying but i just want to know if i did anything wrong for my next extraction.. please get back at me PM me or anything, thanks..
peace & pot

i'm sure alot of the hash was unexposed to the butane when shooting through the tubeg. i'm not sure if the tube extraction is the best method of making oil if your starting material is hash. i would advise a soaking method instead. you could try to coffee grind the hash into a finer powder, however one should be careful of the resin re-combining in the tube and creating massive backpressure (ive witnessed a section of kief in a tube of almost melt and solidify and blew the top off the okief extractor. to prevent this I now try to mix in the hash or kief with some buds.