What's new

~BHO LOVERS~

Is anyone noticing a difference in yields or consistency of their oil which was made by first grinding up the herb in a coffee grinder versus using small airy lower buds and trim and not grinding them up into a powder? Appreciate your time and responses.
you dont want to use a coffee grinder, too many fines are created which will pass through with your extraction. You want the most in tact resin glands as possible. I lightly chop with scissors.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i will say ive been using my coffer grinder to grind up the buds ive been turning into bho.
i use the "stock" mesh screens that came with my tubes.

unless fines are something other than bits and pieces of plant material that pass thru the screen i dont have any thing floating in my oil.... (aka i dont have and bits and pices of plant mateiral floating about)

thanks for explanation

i will say ive been using my coffer grinder to grind up the buds ive been turning into bho.
i use the "stock" mesh screens that came with my tubes.

unless fines are something other than bits and pieces of plant material that pass thru the screen i dont have any thing floating in my oil.... (aka i dont have and bits and pices of plant mateiral floating about)

thanks for explanation
as well as fine bits and pieces (which clearly your screens are filtering out, i tore my "stock" screens a part after repeated use, so i now use coffee filters) it is easier for the butane to pick up the plant waxes and such, which i believe leads to more peanut buttery oil, at least that is how it has been in my experience. Maybe Jump or Gray Wolf could step in with a bit more scientific explanation.

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
yup grinded herb will give you an oil with more undesirable waxes. if you clean a little up with some everclear and winterize you will see that more waxes were picked up with grinded bud versus chopped bud. you get a more quality product rather than quantity. if quantity is of your main concern then ya grind it up.

overe 2 oz of blue cheese budder

004.jpg

005.jpg

008.jpg

010.jpg

012.jpg

Sour Deez

Nice yield! Whats the strain?

og x diesel, or at least that's what i'm told. Its definitively a diesel, that's for sure.

the only other time i got over 20% is when this same stuff came around a couple months back. I read the og/diesel/chem family yields well, everything else i run comes back 15-18%

started playing with a vac purge...heres some chocolate chunk to show off

Attachments

• P1011599.jpg
    P1011599.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 25
  • P1011613.jpg
    P1011613.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 26
  • P1011614.jpg
    P1011614.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 26