What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~BHO LOVERS~

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No one ever wants to post after jump117, how can you not look lame after that! :good:

Here's a run of my OD budlets of F13 x A11.

picture.php

I tried whipping the 1st batch but didn't hang w/ it long enough, almost like crumbly hash. (left)
2nd batch I'm leaving alone. :D

picture.php

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yup, besides making pretty meds, that rascal Jump is an artist at presentation. He makes me salivate from here and I have learned a lot from the lad, including how to make some of the following.

Here are some less artistically presented BHO extractions that we've done, ranging from fresh frozen material to decarboxylized, to isomerized, to acetate.

Attachments

• isomerize-1.jpg
    isomerize-1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 15
  • isomerize-2.jpg
    isomerize-2.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 94.5 gram BHO run-1.jpg
    94.5 gram BHO run-1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 14
  • Green BHO.jpg
    Green BHO.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 14
  • THC Acetate.jpg
    THC Acetate.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 16
  • BHO extraction 2.jpg
    BHO extraction 2.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Decarboxylated BHO and Cannabis acetate.jpg
    Decarboxylated BHO and Cannabis acetate.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 16

rebelweed

hey all very nice pics in here :=)

Corian: what a lovely first result u have there! thats about as white as ull ever see oil :) but it seems that u didnt purge the product anywhere near enough, from looking at how it bubbles in the vial u put it into. Purge until the product is completely dry, any "wetness" is the solvent still being in there.

catcherintheeye: it seems like u did one of 3 things wrong. Either u heated ur weed too much in order to dry it or something like that, or u heated ur solution too much in order to evaporate the solvent. Or, and I know jump117 will disagree, u overexposed ur weed. I know butane is way better to "overexpose" with than say iso, but in my experience it definately does make the oil more runny and dark.

ps im no expert :=) jump and hm are so their advice is def worth more than mine

jump117

Veteran
No one ever wants to post after jump117,
lol,:comfort: I wish it wasn't so!
Jump is an artist at presentation.
Hi Gray Wolf! Thank you, I am trying to control myself but sometimes something comes out of me naturally :)
Have you any news on vacuum?
I know jump117 will disagree, u overexposed ur weed.
Yes, sorry. I have reason to doubt the harm of overexposure.

Last time I did the long soaking butane extraction in a thermos in three stages.
The first was 15 minutes, the second right after the first, was 20 minutes.
Amount of butane was excessively large in both cases, 250 ml + 250 ml

Extracts from both were of the same amber quality, differs in quantaty ofcourse.
I have no weighs to report the numbers, visually the ratio was 70% + 30%.

Third stage was 15 minutes soak-n-stir after shredding and decarbing of a plant matter,
this stage really leaves an empty cake,
it gave small amount of decarbed quality resin, on the blade on photo,
decarbed resin was melted with two pieces of chocolade,
its action started in 40 minutes:peacock: and worked around 6-8 hours after ingestion.

1st, 2nd and decarbed on razor blade
picture.php

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jeesh, see what I mean? :laughing:

Here's some earwax 'footballs' I made w/ the above crumble after a bit of heat w/ the double-boiler. ;)
picture.php

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have you any news on vacuum?

Good success with vacuum purging, but not much yet on recovery.

My new butane system inspired by brother Foaf, is however close to on line, and I will post with the details when it is.

Basically it is a vacuum system in which the material is loaded in a 48" stainless column and a vacuum pulled until it reaches under 100 microns, demonstrating that the water has been boiled off.

It is then backfilled with butane and allowed to soak, before the butane is allowed to drain into the evacuated pressure vessel below it and the liquid is then vacuumed off into a holding tank, leaving behind the oil.

I have it built and have purchased both the AC vacuum pump, as well as the oil less refrigerant recovery system, and am down to minor plumbing. I need two isolation valves, some stainless tubing, and some hoses to make it operational.

At skunk pharm we spend nothing until we establish that it isn't available in someones junk pile. We are down to the point of bellying up to the bar with butane recovery, but the good news is that it is relatively cheap from this point.

With alcohol recovery, my simple minded asparagus cooker and mixing bowl distillation unit is still the best that we have come up with thus far, and I just delivered 5 pro bono units to cancer patient support groups to cut their costs.

I did pick up an AC vacuum pump from E-bay for $195, which is capable of any simple purging that may be required. Picture attached, along with some simple minded approaches, which may be productive.

With alcohol, I plan to attach the pump to a 24 quart pressure cooker, in which I place beakers or dishes of extract, and vaccum away the solvent. As long as I keep the highest melting point constituet liquid at just under 160F with a hot plate, it should boil off nicely.

Gooood subject bro! More when I have subject mater, vis a vis hubris and promises.

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Attachments

• mixed 010.jpg
    mixed 010.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 15

dope_roor

Good success with vacuum purging, but not much yet on recovery.

My new butane system inspired by brother Foaf, is however close to on line, and I will post with the details when it is.

Basically it is a vacuum system in which the material is loaded in a 48" stainless column and a vacuum pulled until it reaches under 100 microns, demonstrating that the water has been boiled off.

It is then backfilled with butane and allowed to soak, before the butane is allowed to drain into the evacuated pressure vessel below it and the liquid is then vacuumed off into a holding tank, leaving behind the oil.

I have it built and have purchased both the AC vacuum pump, as well as the oil less refrigerant recovery system, and am down to minor plumbing. I need two isolation valves, some stainless tubing, and some hoses to make it operational.

At skunk pharm we spend nothing until we establish that it isn't available in someones junk pile. We are down to the point of bellying up to the bar with butane recovery, but the good news is that it is relatively cheap from this point.

With alcohol recovery, my simple minded asparagus cooker and mixing bowl distillation unit is still the best that we have come up with thus far, and I just delivered 5 pro bono units to cancer patient support groups to cut their costs.

I did pick up an AC vacuum pump from E-bay for $195, which is capable of any simple purging that may be required. Picture attached, along with some simple minded approaches, which may be productive.

With alcohol, I plan to attach the pump to a 24 quart pressure cooker, in which I place beakers or dishes of extract, and vaccum away the solvent. As long as I keep the highest melting point constituet liquid at just under 160F with a hot plate, it should boil off nicely.

Gooood subject bro! More when I have subject mater, vis a vis hubris and promises.

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I use the same pump :)

kotton_mouth said:
can i just use the stem and leaves of my harvested plant or is that not enough???

you can, expect 3-5% return in weight

Ramius

Veteran
Idiot blows up his kitchen making some BHO

Investigator determined one of the four people living at the home had been extracting THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, with a method that used butane gas.

Sheriff's deputies and the fire marshal said gas had built up in the home. When the freezer portion of the rerigerator/freezer turned on, a small spark ignited the accumulated butane gas.

101028coos_explosion405.jpg

:laughing:

http://www.katu.com/news/106087888.html

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
More vacuum equipment pictures for Jump:

PS: For outdoor use only..........................

Attachments

• Butane recovery progress.jpg
    Butane recovery progress.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Vacuum evaporation.jpg
    Vacuum evaporation.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 17
  • vacuum level.jpg
    vacuum level.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
got my quartz skillet!
it took the entire allowed delivery time lol last few min of the evening on the 10th day. needless to say i had skillet anxiety with all this oil laying around. i broke 2 of the 3 glass rods within 5 minutes on day 2. 1 fell 3 inches onto granite and broke. the other snapped while barely pushing into oil with it. oh well. it took a min for me to hit it without making a mess. had to dial in the amount of oil applied. i use the broken one still:) saving the good one lol
picture.php

no oil going to waste now. i bet these dudes are busy making these now with the publicity and vendors........is he a member here?

got my quartz skillet!
it took the entire allowed delivery time lol last few min of the evening on the 10th day. needless to say i had skillet anxiety with all this oil laying around. i broke 2 of the 3 glass rods within 5 minutes on day 2. 1 fell 3 inches onto granite and broke. the other snapped while barely pushing into oil with it. oh well. it took a min for me to hit it without making a mess. had to dial in the amount of oil applied. i use the broken one still:) saving the good one lol
picture.php

no oil going to waste now. i bet these dudes are busy making these now with the publicity and vendors........is he a member here?

Where'd you get the quartz swing? I'm trying to find one available online.