What's new

Bho illegal in Michigan??

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Illegal to make or possess under the court of appeals ruling on section 4

Under section 8? No ruling I'm aware of..

MIMedHead

I dont mess with any concentrates because the laws don't cover them atm, I know lots of people that do tho........

Midwest sticky

Resident Smartass & midget connoisseur
I can't say,but a couple years ago everything was illegal there soo... Fuckem!
Do what's necessary fuck the possible consequences we are right they are wrong ,And yeah that's easy for me to say since where I live everything's illegal.

DemonTrich

Veteran
concentrates ARE illegal. only flowers or edibles made only from flowers are legal. any type of extraction is deemed illegal (bho, hash, qwet, qwiso). just don't get caught with it.

last week my patient went to a dispensary (not sure why), a cop seen him leave and pulled them over. dumbass gave permission to search and cop found 1.5g of wax. cop just took it, and let him go with the weed. and gave him a ticket for not securing his meds properly/securely.

DemonTrich

Veteran
^^
ONLY if an extraction is used to make them. edibles are legal only if flowers are ground up then used in the edible.

but alas, EVERYTHING is illegal in the FEDS eyes, so who are we kidding ourselves.

dr.bootz

^^
ONLY if an extraction is used to make them. edibles are legal only if flowers are ground up then used in the edible.

but alas, EVERYTHING is illegal in the FEDS eyes, so who are we kidding ourselves.

I'm just curious who told you that? I'm pretty sure it says that edibles are illegal ..where is there a sub clause that says if you used ground up herb its ok? they weigh the edible and how ever much it weighs thats what they charge you with ...extracted or not ....technically kief is a concentrate so that is illegal to ...there is even a bill in motion to try and legalize EDIBLES and concentrates

TheMan13

Veteran
It is the Michigan Court of Appeals opinion (threat) that extractions of marijuana are somehow no longer marijuana or protected by law (MMMA). We've attempted to pass legislation for years since that opinion that would correct the malfeasance of the CoA, but it has been paired, hijacked and held hostage to the provisioning center bill attempting to make dispensaries and labs legal. Dispensaries are in no way legal in this state under our law (MMMA), but there are hundreds all across the state and nearly all sell extracts and/or medibles produced with extracts.

JDHjH.jpg.png

DemonTrich

Veteran
I'm just curious who told you that? I'm pretty sure it says that edibles are illegal ..where is there a sub clause that says if you used ground up herb its ok? they weigh the edible and how ever much it weighs thats what they charge you with ...extracted or not ....technically kief is a concentrate so that is illegal to ...there is even a bill in motion to try and legalize EDIBLES and concentrates

the reason its legal is your NOT extracting the thc/cbd from the plant material. your using the entire plant material in your edibles. once you start extracting the thc/cbd from your flowers, that's where it becomes illegal.

shaggyballs

Veteran
In Michigan you can legally buy wax at the dispensary, pull out of the parking lot, get pulled over buy the police and get charged with a felony.

What the hell kind of laws are we letting get passed.

The dispensary gets rich, you go to jail for years....WTF is that shit??

TheMan13

Veteran
In Michigan you can legally buy wax at the dispensary, pull out of the parking lot, get pulled over buy the police and get charged with a felony.

What the hell kind of laws are we letting get passed.

The dispensary gets rich, you go to jail for years....WTF is that shit??

It is not the law the People passed (MMMA) that jeopardize patients and caregivers, it is simply the Michigan Court of Appeals "legal opinion" and wrongful attempt to legislate from the bench that does. As a matter of check and balance design to protect us from such judicial malfeasance the ball was then in our legislators court in Lansing as it is their responsibility to provide (return/clarify) such integrity to the law. Hence Michigan's House Bill 4210 and Senate Bill 140 were quickly initiated to only languish in a cess pit in Lansing for years now. There is absolutely no just reason these bills have not been passed other than the corruption and breath of the lobbying involved with wholly separate and contentious MMJ related bills (HB4209 & SB142) have leveraged it in an attempt to codify their provisioning center (dispensary) business model into a separate and self serving law regardless of the current voter passed law (MMMA) or the "protections" it offers.

Last edited:

Gry

Veteran
A frozen quick wash can get work real well, with no more difficulty than a cup of instant coffee. It works for me, and has for many years.

Those with strong political and legal connections usually make out fine in life. Regular people, not so much. Be real careful.

shaggyballs

Veteran
New here law cleared the dispensaries round here of any concentrates and edibles.
It will be all mail order soon...F**k!

Miraculous Meds

New here law cleared the dispensaries round here of any concentrates and edibles.
It will be all mail order soon...F**k!

Can you clarify what you're saying please, im confused by it.

I have talked with a criminal defense attorney that believes any form of hash that doesn't dissolve the trichome to be ok. But any solvent based, or process that allows the shell of the trichome to be ruptured, where the cannabinoids blend together from the protective coating of the trichome to be illegal. Idk if I worded that well but basically, forms like keif, ice hash are ok, but bho, qwet, etc.. are not. At least that's the interpretation the attorney gave me that he said he has fought against.

growingcrazy

Veteran
Nothing in our state is 100% legal but flowers.

I have heard accounts of raids for extracts only. It isn't in the law so it is an easy court case for the state. Edibles are also a grey area. I know on 2 occasions where arrests were made and charges brought on edibles. Simply on the basis that the total weight of the edible (in these cases, caramel) was over the patients limit. This was also in OC so take that how you will..

Most of the patients I know would rather burn a log anyways.

Can you clarify what you're saying please, im confused by it.

I have talked with a criminal defense attorney that believes any form of hash that doesn't dissolve the trichome to be ok. But any solvent based, or process that allows the shell of the trichome to be ruptured, where the cannabinoids blend together from the protective coating of the trichome to be illegal. Idk if I worded that well but basically, forms like keif, ice hash are ok, but bho, qwet, etc.. are not. At least that's the interpretation the attorney gave me that he said he has fought against.

Has He won cases on this basis? The few I have conversed with have stated that a concentrate is anything that has a potency or % higher than the parent material. AKA a gram of ice hash has a high percentage of THC than the buds it was made from, thus making it a concentrate or extract.

TheMan13

Veteran
That's the problem with the dichotomy (politics) of legal opinions and our justice system, you get what you pay for. Extracts are "illegal" in this state simply because of a courts legal opinion, NOT MMMA. The correction to that act of maleficence by our judicial (aka legislating from the bench) was quickly address by our legislature with a bill that clarifies the law and rights (MMMA) exploited and denied. Sadly that bill has just sat in Lansing for years now somehow held hostage to an entirely separate bill (Provisioning Centers) and it's negotiations (cronies) ...

But why even argue about these nuances of law when they can simply will their absurd legal opinion that a medical marijuana patient/caregiver in this country could EVER be in violation of Schedule I of the Controlled Substance Act to begin with. You don't need to be a lawyer (or afford one) to read clear and simple english.

This is the list of Schedule I drugs as defined by the United States Controlled Substances Act. The following findings are required for drugs to be placed in this schedule:

- The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.

- The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.

- There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision.

Can we get rid of a few of these cops and lawyers and get a few doctors and scientists to actually address our nations drug problem ...

Last edited:

Miraculous Meds

Has He won cases on this basis? The few I have conversed with have stated that a concentrate is anything that has a potency or % higher than the parent material. AKA a gram of ice hash has a high percentage of THC than the buds it was made from, thus making it a concentrate or extract.

He implied that he has.

Latest posts

Latest posts