What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bho Disasters (PLEASE READ!)

vta

Veteran
I'm still waiting for them to ban the car...all those accidents and all. I just read in the MSM that a truck ran over some people. Fucking things !

No...no...restrict liberty..it's for the greater good ! On the other hand, I see a new black market...either that or some propane honey oil lol

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://www.modbee.com/news/local/crime/article160276569.html

Riverbank man badly burned in apparent hash oil lab explosion

BY ERIN TRACY
etracy@modbee.com

JULY 08, 2017 8:24 AM

A Riverbank man suffered second- and third-degree burns to about 40 percent of his body early Saturday morning in an explosion believed to have been caused by a hash oil lab.

The explosion occurred around 5:40 a.m. in the 6000 block of Terminal Avenue.

Stanislaus Consolidated Fire Protection District Battalion Chief Rick Bussell said the explosion caused damage throughout the house. It blew out walls in the bedroom in which it occurred as well on the opposite side of the house, knocked items out of the kitchen cupboards and actually lifted the roof.

“The explosion blew out a lot of the structural members,” he said. “It was a violent explosion.”

When firefighters arrived there was no fire but a badly burned man was sitting on the sidewalk, Bussell said. The man had second- and third-degree burns to much of his body, mainly his face, hands, feet and chest. He was taken by ambulance to an area hospital then air lifted to UC Davis Medical Center.

Early investigation suggests the man was in a bedroom extracting hash oil, a concentrated form of marijuana, when the explosion occurred.

There were other people inside the home but no one else was injured, Bussell said.

The Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department responded to the scene and a criminal investigation is underway, said Sgt. Jon McQueary.

“Detectives from the Stanislaus Drug Enforcement Agency have been called to assist in the investigation of the possible hash oil lab,” he said.

He said marijuana plants were also found in the back yard.

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ge...d-in-upper-branciforte-hash-oil-lab-explosion

Santa Cruz man arrested in upper Branciforte hash-oil lab explosionBy Michael Todd, Santa Cruz Sentinel

POSTED: 08/15/17, 3:22 PM PDT | UPDATED: 17 HRS AGO

SANTA CRUZ >> A hash-oil lab in a shed that exploded Monday in an upper Branciforte backyard resulted in the arrest of a 57-year-old Santa Cruz man who lives at the property at the 100 block of Mill Road, according to Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies arrested Ray Mosier Jr., whose criminal history includes convictions for having a firearm and drugs for sale in Santa Cruz County, Tuesday afternoon in connection with Monday’s explosion, Lt. Bob Payne said.

Mosier returned to the property, where deputies located him Tuesday, Payne said. Mosier was charged with felony manufacturing a controlled substance.

Firefighters from Branciforte, Scotts Valley and Santa Cruz extinguished the 10 a.m. blaze and Sheriff’s Office investigators began to assess the evidence.

“Remnants of the explosion and additional items within the burnt shed were gathered and brought back to the sheriff’s headquarters to be examined,” Payne said.

That evidence was consistent with items used to extract hash oil from marijuana oil, Payne said. He also said Mosier lives in the shed alone. Mosier was not at home when the fire was being doused and investigated, Payne said.

Hash-oil extraction is a hazard to the properties near that manufacturing location, Payne said.

“The pressurized gas material commonly used can become volatile and explosive as it did in this case,” Payne said.

Ray Mosier Sr., who also lives at the property, told the Sentinel on Monday that he heard the explosion. He said he was sitting in his easy chair, listening to the radio inside an attached workshop when he heard a loud bang, then saw smoke and flames nearby. Mosier said he grabbed his garden hose to try to keep the fire contained, but ultimately needed fire department backup.

Ray Mosier Sr. said the area of the shed “belonged to my son.”

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://www.dailynews.com/general-ne...summit-apartments-in-woodland-hills-injures-1

Marijuana honey oil explosion at The Summit apartments in Woodland Hills injures 1

By Wes Woods, Los Angeles Daily News
POSTED: 08/04/17, 11:19 AM PDT

Neighbors in a Woodland Hills gated community were stunned on Friday after an illicit butane-fueled honey oil operation in a home led to an explosion that seriously injured one person.

“I heard the explosion, and then I heard the fire trucks and I thought to myself ‘wow.’ It sounded like it was close,” said Pam Penn, 63, who lives in Summit At Warner Center, the apartment complex where the explosion happened. “I lived in Cerritos for 20 years, and I’m sure that there is stuff like that. ... But I’ve never been this close to anything like that.”

Honey oil is a derivative of marijuana. It’s made by processing marijuana to extract THC, which is the active drug in the plant. Butane burners are used in the process, making the operations volatile and subject to explosions, authorities explained.

The incident was reported around 5 a.m. at 22277 Summit Vue Drive after neighbors heard an explosion and saw fire, the Los Angeles Police Department said.

Firefighters arrived at the scene and put out the fire quickly, officials said.

Initially, authorities reported one man near the scene suffered moderate burns. But Detective Keith Honore with LA IMPACT — the county’s narcotics task force — said the man was determined to be in serious condition after being transported to a hospital.

Honore said besides the injured man, another man and two females in the home escaped.

“They had bags and suitcases and a dog as they walked out,” Honore said. Neighbors were watching the fire and not closely watching the residents leave the residence, he said.

The detective said he didn’t immediately know on Friday how the fire began, but he had a theory, based on his experience.

“It’s probably from having too much butane in the area, and at some point there was an ignition source that ignited and caused the explosions,” Honore said. “And afterwards (neighbors) heard several other explosions that sounded like gunshots. ... I would assume that those were the butane cans exploding, the small aerosol-type cans.”

Brian Humphrey of the Los Angeles Fire Department said firefighters fully extinguished the flames at 5:12 a.m. and assessed the property damage and the materials involved in the fire.

Marijuana-derived honey oil is typically packaged and sold on the street and in marijuana shops, officials noted.

Similar to meth labs, honey oil operations often turn a house or apartment into a hazardous waste site that requires extensive cleanup of the residence, which is often red-tagged to prohibit entry.

Rick Dukhovny, 43, said he has lived in the tree-lined, gated complex for about a year and was surprised to learn this event happened in a community with “no drama.”

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://www.pe.com/2017/08/05/3-burned-arrested-in-honey-oil-lab-explosion-and-fire-near-victorville/

3 burned, arrested in honey oil lab explosion and fire near Victorville

By JIM STEINBERG | jsteinberg@scng.com | San Bernardino Sun
August 5, 2017 at 8:30 am

One room inside a house near Victorville was destroyed and three people burned by an explosion and fire in what San Bernardino County Sheriff’s deputies are calling a honey oil extraction lab accident.

Three suspects were present when the explosion and fire, shortly after 1:30 a.m. Friday, occurred but fled prior to emergency personnel arriving at the scene, the Sheriff’s office said, in a statement.

Through investigation, the suspects were identified and located.

Arrested were Steven Ray Hoover Jr., age 25, resident of Victorville, Jesse Karl Bevins, age 28, resident of Apple Valley and Paige Nicole Tappe, age 26, resident of Victorville.

Hoover suffered second and third degree burns to his face, head and body.

He was taken to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center, which operates a regional burn center, for treatment.

Bevins had second degree burns to his arm while Tappe had second degree burns to her arm and back.

After the explosion, Bevins and Tappe checked into a hotel in Hesperia. Deputies contacted them there and detained them until investigators arrived.

The explosion occurred in a home at 13150 Riverview Drive, Spring Valley Lake just east of Victorville.

Personnel from the Sheriff’s Department Gangs/Narcotics Division were requested to assist with the investigation. The Sheriff’s Marijuana Enforcement Team served a search warrant at the residence and assumed the investigation. Investigators from the Sheriff’s Arson/Bomb Detail also responded to the scene.

The suspects were believed to be making concentrated cannabis, commonly called Wax or Butane Honey Oil, the statement said.

The three people arrested face charges of manufacturing a controlled substance and possibly additional criminal charges, the statement said.

Bevins was booked at the West Valley Detention Center. His bail is set at $500,000.

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc.../redford-house-explosion-injures-3/619653001/

Police suspect marijuana lab in Redford house explosion

Robert Allen, Detroit Free Press Published 9:11 a.m. ET Aug. 31, 2017 | Updated 5:41 p.m. ET Aug. 31, 2017

One person has died from injuries sustained in a Redford Township house explosion that police suspect involved an explosive marijuana processing operation.

Two other people in the house on the 20100 block of Woodworth when the explosion occurred Wednesday at 8:15 p.m. remain hospitalized in critical condition, a news release from Redford Police Department issued this afternoon said.

A neighbor told Fox 2 Detroit (WJBK-TV) she saw three men run out of the house and "their clothes were melted off of them" after the explosion, according to a report from the station.

Police said it appears butane was being used to process marijuana at the house. The process for making butane hash oil involves releasing the explosive chemical.

Users make hash oil by running butane or another solvent through a tube filled with dried marijuana clippings, left over after the flowers have been cut off for smoking, as reported by USA Today.

The solvent strips the THC, or psychoactive compound, out of the plants, leaving behind an oily liquid that can be further solidified by heating the mixture to evaporate the butane. Because it's heavier than air, the butane sinks to ground level, where it can be ignited by a stove's pilot light or a refrigerator's compressor motor. People making hash oil also sometimes store it in their refrigerator, where the butane continues to evaporate, USA Today reports.

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://www.coloradoan.com/story/ne.../?hootPostID=0eb3c5ad4783036842fc8ef8ba7aef15

Hash oil involved in Timnath bunker explosion

Cassa Niedringhaus, cniedringhaus@coloradoan.com

Published 2:53 p.m. MT Aug. 29, 2017 | Updated 3:16 p.m. MT Aug. 29, 2017

A man was arrested in connection with a Timnath explosion that critically burned three people and triggered a major emergency response in June.

Two men and a 12-year-old child were injured in the June 13 explosion.

Michael Williams, 35, reportedly began excavating an underground bunker several months before the explosion — a bunker that authorities say lacked proper ventilation or reinforcements to ward against collapse, new court documents show.

The bunker, which was 6 to 10 feet from one side to the other, was accessible by a 20-foot-deep entrance large enough for only one person to fit through, according to court documents. Williams reportedly told authorities that he entered the bunker on June 13 with butane to make hash oil, and he thought the vapor would evaporate.

When he entered the hole later in the day, he took a lighter out of his pocket to smoke marijuana. He told authorities that he felt a flame spark from his lighter, according to court records.

Williams, a 22-year-old man and a 12-year-old boy were in the bunker when flames tore through the bunker, swept upward through the entrance hole and covered the three people in second-degree burns, according to court records.

As first responders converged on the rural property just east of Timnath Reservoir, they found the hole and conducted tests that revealed dangerous levels of carbon monoxide inside it.

The two men and the boy were taken first by ambulance to Medical Center of the Rockies in Loveland but were quickly transferred to University Hospital and Children's Hospital in Aurora for continued treatment of their burns.

The bunker was reportedly to be used as a tornado shelter, according to a Tuesday news release by the Larimer County Sheriff's Office.

The source of the carbon monoxide was unclear, but the colorless, odorless gas can leak from faulty furnaces or water heaters, sometimes resulting in poisoning or death. It is also easily ignited in certain concentrations and lighter than air, meaning a spark could cause a flash fire that doesn't burn for long but can result in serious injuries.

Authorities have not released the definitive cause of the explosion, or which substances were involved.

Williams was arrested Aug. 24 and taken into custody in the Larimer County Jail. He has since posted a $25,000 bond and been released from custody.

He's charged with various felonies and misdemeanors: knowing/reckless child abuse resulting in serious bodily injury, child abuse while in possession of methamphetamine, first-degree assault with extreme indifference, two counts of fourth-degree arson and possession of hazardous extract of marijuana concentration.

An additional misdemeanor charge of negligent child abuse resulting in bodily injury was added as a result of the investigation but is unrelated to the charges stemming from the explosion.

Williams appeared in court for a first appearance Tuesday, during which he told the court he was in the process of applying for a public defender. He's been barred from contacting two of three children involved in the case, and the prosecution sought to extend the no-contact order to a third child who tested positive for methamphetamine.

Eighth Judicial District Judge Susan Blanco declined to do so, saying that matter was best handled in Williams separate dependency and neglect case. He's next due in court Thursday.

Reporter Alicia Stice contributed to this report.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Too bad Cali cant just ban stupid.
If I lived on the border in a neighboring state I'd open a butane store.

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I posted what I thought was the final version of AB1120, the California law which would severely limit butane refill can sales, but I see now, just before the final vote they've decided to refine it a little, and most importantly they've reduced the outcome of a violation from a misdemeanor charge to a light civil penalty.

It was,

"(f) A violation of any provision of this section is a misdemeanor."

which has been replaced by,

"(g) (1) Any person or business that violates subdivision (a) or (b) is subject to a civil penalty of two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500).

(2) The Attorney General, a city attorney, a county counsel, or a district attorney may bring a civil action to enforce this section.

(3) The civil penalty shall be deposited into the General Fund if the action is brought by the Attorney General. If the action is brought by a city attorney, the civil penalty shall be paid to the treasurer of the city in which the judgment is entered. If the action is brought by a county counsel, the civil penalty shall be paid to the treasurer of the county in which the judgment is entered."

Here's the full version I posted up previously,

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8010015&postcount=1076

SECTION 1. Section 11107.2 is added to the Health and Safety Code, to read:

11107.2. (a) It is unlawful for a manufacturer, wholesaler, reseller, retailer, or other person or entity to sell to any one customer more than 600 milliliters of nonodorized butane in any 30-day period.
(b) (1) It is unlawful for manufacturers, wholesalers, resellers, retailers, or other persons or entities to knowingly or negligently sell to any one customer a quantity of nonodorized butane that would cause the customer to exceed 600 milliliters of nonodorized butane purchased from all sellers in any 30-day period.
(2) The reasonable reliance on information contained in the database described in subdivision (g) is an affirmative defense to the crime in this subdivision.
(c) Subdivisions (a) and (b) shall not be enforced until a database system described in subdivision (g) is operational, as determined by the Department of Justice.
(d) The limitations in subdivisions (a) and (b) shall not apply to any of the following transactions:
(1) Butane sold to manufacturers, wholesalers, resellers, or retailers solely for the purpose of resale.
(2) Butane sold to a person for use in a lawful commercial enterprise, including, but not limited to, a volatile solvent extraction activity licensed under Division 10 (commencing with Section 26000) of the Business and Professions Code or a medical cannabis collective or cooperative described in subdivision (b) of Section 11362.775 of this code, operating in compliance with all applicable state licensing requirements and local regulations governing that type of business.
(3) The sale of lighters, torch lighters or other appliances, or lighter refill canisters that contain or use nonodorized butane and contain less than 150 milliliters of nonodorized butane.
(e) For every sale of nonodorized butane not exempted under subdivision (d) the seller shall record and maintain on the premises of the seller for a period of not less than two years after the date of the sale, the following information:
(1) The name, address, and date of birth of the customer, as obtained from his or her valid driver’s license or other government-issued photo identification.
(2) The date and time of the sale.
(3) The quantity of butane purchased.
(4) The full name of the person who processed the sale.
(f) A violation of any provision of this section is a misdemeanor.
(g) (1) To assist manufacturers, wholesalers, resellers, and retailers in their efforts to monitor the sales of nonodorized butane, the Department of Justice shall, contingent upon the availability of adequate funds and in collaboration with stakeholders representing the sellers of nonodorized butane who are required to report and collect information pursuant to this section, develop and maintain an electronic database system for the electronic monitoring of and Internet access to information regarding the amount of butane purchased by individual customers. The database system will allow retailers to automatically synchronize purchases and provide real time alerts of any purchases in violation of this section, and shall be developed in one of the following three ways:
(A) The database system may be based upon the expansion of an existing electronic database.
(B) The database system may be an existing product, which is available for use by retail sellers of nonodorized butane to customers, as determined by the Department of Justice.
(C) The database system may be a newly created product.
(2) The Department of Justice shall post a notification on its Internet Web site when the database described in paragraph (1) is operational.
(3) All manufacturers, wholesalers, resellers, retailers, or other persons or entities selling nonodorized butane to customers shall keep hard copy records of nonodorized butane sales. Any manufacturer, wholesaler, reseller, retailer, or other person or entity not exempted under subdivision (d) that sells nonodorized butane shall electronically submit a report to the Department of Justice upon request of all sales involving nonodorized butane, including all of the information collected pursuant to subdivision (e).
(h) As used in this section, the following definitions shall apply:
(1) “Customer” means any person or entity other than those described in paragraphs (1) and (2) of subdivision (d) that purchases or acquires nonodorized butane from a seller during a transaction.
(2) “Nonodorized butane” means iso-butane, n-butane, butane, or a mixture of butane and propane of any power that may also use the words “refined,” “pure,” “purified,” “premium,” or “filtered,” to describe the butane or butane mixture, which does not contain ethyl mercaptan or a similar odorant.
(3) “Sell” or “sale” means to furnish, give away, exchange, transfer, deliver, surrender, distribute, or supply, in exchange for money or any other consideration.
(4) “Seller” means any person, business entity, or employee thereof that sells nonodorized butane to any customer within this state.
SEC. 2. No reimbursement is required by this act pursuant to Section 6 of Article XIII B of the California Constitution because the only costs that may be incurred by a local agency or school district will be incurred because this act creates a new crime or infraction, eliminates a crime or infraction, or changes the penalty for a crime or infraction, within the meaning of Section 17556 of the Government Code, or changes the definition of a crime within the meaning of Section 6 of Article XIII B of the California Constitution.

And here's what seems to be the final version,

SECTION 1. Section 11107.2 is added to the Health and Safety Code, to read:

11107.2. (a) It is unlawful for a manufacturer, wholesaler, reseller, retailer, or other person or entity to sell to any one customer more than 600 milliliters of nonodorized butane in any 30-day period.
(b) (1) It is unlawful for manufacturers, wholesalers, resellers, retailers, or other persons or entities to knowingly or negligently sell to any one customer a quantity of nonodorized butane that would cause the customer to exceed 600 milliliters of nonodorized butane purchased from all sellers in any 30-day period.
(2) The reasonable reliance on information contained in the database described in subdivision (f) is an affirmative defense to the crime in this subdivision.
(c) Subdivisions (a) and (b) shall not be enforced until a database system described in subdivision (f) is operational, as determined by the Department of Justice.
(d) The limitations in subdivisions (a) and (b) shall not apply to any of the following transactions:
(1) Butane sold to manufacturers, wholesalers, resellers, or retailers solely for the purpose of resale.
(2) Butane sold to a person for use in a lawful commercial enterprise, including, but not limited to, a volatile solvent extraction activity licensed under Division 10 (commencing with Section 26000) of the Business and Professions Code or a medical cannabis collective or cooperative described in subdivision (b) of Section 11362.775 of this code, operating in compliance with all applicable state licensing requirements and local regulations governing that type of business.
(3) The sale of lighters, torch lighters or other appliances, or lighter refill canisters that contain or use nonodorized butane and contain less than 150 milliliters of nonodorized butane.
(e) For every sale of nonodorized butane not exempted under subdivision (d) the seller shall record and maintain on the premises of the seller for a period of not less than two years after the date of the sale, the following information:
(1) The name, address, and date of birth of the customer, as obtained from his or her valid driver’s license or other government-issued photo identification.
(2) The date and time of the sale.
(3) The quantity of butane purchased.
(4) The full name of the person who processed the sale.
(f) (1) To assist manufacturers, wholesalers, resellers, and retailers in their efforts to monitor the sales of nonodorized butane, the Department of Justice shall, contingent upon the availability of adequate funds and in collaboration with stakeholders representing the sellers of nonodorized butane who are required to report and collect information pursuant to this section, develop and maintain an electronic database system for the electronic monitoring of and Internet access to information regarding the amount of butane purchased by individual customers. The database system will allow retailers to automatically synchronize purchases and provide real-time alerts of any purchases in violation of this section, and shall be developed in one of the following three ways:
(A) The database system may be based upon the expansion of an existing electronic database.
(B) The database system may be an existing product, which is available for use by retail sellers of nonodorized butane to customers, as determined by the Department of Justice.
(C) The database system may be a newly created product.
(2) The Department of Justice shall post a notification on its Internet Web site when the database described in paragraph (1) is operational.
(3) All manufacturers, wholesalers, resellers, retailers, or other persons or entities selling nonodorized butane to customers shall keep hard copy records of nonodorized butane sales. Any manufacturer, wholesaler, reseller, retailer, or other person or entity not exempted under subdivision (d) that sells nonodorized butane shall electronically submit a report to the Department of Justice upon request of all sales involving nonodorized butane, including all of the information collected pursuant to subdivision (e).
(g) (1) Any person or business that violates subdivision (a) or (b) is subject to a civil penalty of two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500).
(2) The Attorney General, a city attorney, a county counsel, or a district attorney may bring a civil action to enforce this section.
(3) The civil penalty shall be deposited into the General Fund if the action is brought by the Attorney General. If the action is brought by a city attorney, the civil penalty shall be paid to the treasurer of the city in which the judgment is entered. If the action is brought by a county counsel, the civil penalty shall be paid to the treasurer of the county in which the judgment is entered.
(h) As used in this section, the following definitions shall apply:
(1) “Customer” means any person or entity other than those described in paragraphs (1) and (2) of subdivision (d) that purchases or acquires nonodorized butane from a seller during a transaction.
(2) “Nonodorized butane” means iso-butane, n-butane, butane, or a mixture of butane and propane of any power that may also use the words “refined,” “pure,” “purified,” “premium,” or “filtered,” to describe the butane or butane mixture, which does not contain ethyl mercaptan or a similar odorant.
(3) “Sell” or “sale” means to furnish, give away, exchange, transfer, deliver, surrender, distribute, or supply, in exchange for money or any other consideration.
(4) “Seller” means any person, business entity, or employee thereof that sells nonodorized butane to any customer within this state.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billCompareClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180AB1120

Last edited:

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ California AB1120

"Action: 2017-09-11 - Senate amendments concurred in. To Engrossing and Enrolling."

I looked up Engrossing and Enrolling, and the procedures, it's on it's way to the Governor.

https://senate.ca.gov/sites/senate.ca.gov/files/legislative process booklet.pdf

It passed unanimously, whether Jerry signs it or not, it's going to be law. (edit: I was wrong, it's now dead)

Update:

"2017-09-19 Enrolled and presented to the Governor at 3 p.m."

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 9.18.34 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 9.18.34 AM.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://www.kvoa.com/story/36358948/drug-lab-operation-in-prescott-shut-down

Drug lab operation in Prescott shut down

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 12:11 PM PDT
Updated: Sep 13, 2017 12:11 PM PDT

Posted By Faye DeHoff

PRESCOTT - A drug lab has been shut down by Yavapai County Sheriff's deputies and detectives from the Partner's Against Narcotics Trafficking (PANTS).

On September 9, fire department personnel contacted the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office just after 10:30 a.m. and reported possible drug possession and manufacturing from a home in the 500 block of Karen Drive in Prescott.

The resident, 28-year-old Frank Soberanis, called 911 after suffering chemical burns on his hands and face. Deputies arrived and confirmed Soberanis was involved in the manufacturing and sales of illicit drugs.

Due to the nature of the operation, detectives from Partner's Against Narcotics Trafficking (PANT) were called to investigate. Deputies and fire crews checked inside the home to determine any immediate danger from gases or chemicals to first responders and nearby residents. In plain view throughout the home, deputies saw quantities of marijuana, gas masks, black protective gloves, packages of chemicals, propane bottles, pipes with narcotic residue, scales, and butane torches. A strong chemical odor was detected throughout the house.

PANT Detectives spoke with Soberanis while he was being treated and he declined to discuss allegations he was operating an illicit drug lab. Based on the information gathered so far, detectives were able to obtain a search warrant for the premises. An examination of the home's interior revealed several containers of marijuana along with metal and plastic pipes fashioned together as an extraction device used in the making of Butane Honey Oil (BHO). The BHO process alone is extremely dangerous as it exposes butane gas and the resulting potential of an explosion and fire.

A bathroom countertop contained exposed chemicals along with pH test papers. In the kitchen, detectives found numerous clear packages each labeled with a different chemical. A dropper tube containing a liquid and labeled 'LSD' was also found along with a baggie of apparent PCP powder.

Based on the potential danger involved in handling the multitude of chemicals found throughout the house, the Department of Public Safety Hazardous Material Team was requested. The DPS 'Haz Mat' team conducted the seizure and storage of the hazardous chemical evidence on behalf of PANT detectives.

While reviewing seized documents, detectives found a price list for LSD tabs and other drugs, chemistry notes, and a 'pay and owe' ledger documenting drug/narcotic sales.

PANT detectives spent hours on site documenting the chemicals and materials used by Soberanis in the illicit operation. Detectives concluded that Soberanis was purchasing, synthesizing, selling and using illicit substances including PCP, LSD, marijuana, and BHO.

Soberanis was arrested and booked into the Camp Verde Detention Center on charges including Manufacturing Dangerous Drugs, Possess Chemicals to Manufacture Dangerous Drugs, Possession of Drugs for Sale, Possess/Use Dangerous Drugs, Manufacture a Narcotic Drug, Possess Marijuana and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. Soberanis was since released by the court on a promise to appear.

PANT detectives continue documenting this complex case and gathering additional evidence regarding Soberanis' drug operation.

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/s...home-explosion-sends-four-hospital/696508001/

Deputies: Drug lab explosion sends four to Valley burn center

Sheyanne N Romero
Published 12:34 p.m. PT Sept. 23, 2017 | Updated 12:04 p.m. PT Sept. 24, 2017

Four Tulare residents were rushed to the hospital after an explosion in their mobile home Saturday morning.

Tulare County fire investigators and detectives with Tulare County Sheriff's Department believe the men were operating a butane honey oil lab.

Lori Holik and her 10-year-old foster daughter were getting ready to start their day when they heard several explosions next door.

The girl said she heard screaming and saw black smoke.

"We heard a loud bang," Lori Holik said. "It was pretty intense."

Neighbors called firefighters just after 9 a.m. to the home in the 2000 block of East Pacific Avenue in north Tulare.

When Tulare County fire crews arrived, they saw heavy smoke and flames coming from the home.

A column of smoke could be seen miles away.

Shortly after arriving on scene, crews called for backup from Visalia and Tulare fire departments. Officers from Visalia and Tulare police departments were also called for traffic control.

"Initial reports were that multiple explosions were heard in the area and smoke could be seen," said Tulare County Fire Capt. Joe Rosa.

Neighbors said four men ran out of the mobile home — one was naked and badly burned. The skin of one victim was nearly "melted off," a witness said.

One man was airlifted to Fresno's Community Regional Medical Center. A helicopter was able to land in a nearby field. Three were taken by ambulance to Fresno.

Crews worked nearly two hours to contain the blaze.

Neighbors were evacuated from their homes and told by officers there was a chance harmful chemicals could be inhaled. Residents were allowed to return home just after 10:30 a.m. after firefighters cleared the area of any chemicals.

The home was destroyed by flames. Firefighters didn't provide a cost of damages.

Detectives with Tulare County Sheriff's Department were called to assist Tulare County arson investigators at the scene.

When the fire was out, arson investigators and detectives discovered evidence of an illegal butane honey oil lab used to make drugs. Authorities then contacted the Central Valley High-Intensity Drug Trafficking Area and the California Department of Justice Bureau of Forensic Services.

Butane honey oil contains extremely high levels of tetrahydrocannabinol and can be up to four times more potent than high-grade marijuana, according to California's Department of Justice.

Butane is used to strip the marijuana of its oils, which then drip from the bottom of tubes, through a filter and into a container.

Since 2011, the manufacturing of hash oil using butane has caused at least 54 fires and explosions, 29 serious injuries, and four deaths in California, Oregon, Nevada, and Washington, according to Homeland Security Investigations agents.

The four men remain in critical condition at Fresno's burn unit.

No arrests have been made at this time.

The names of the men were withheld by deputies.

Attachments

• 636417886882616615-IMG-4792.JPG
    636417886882616615-IMG-4792.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 30

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/10/02/ferndale-building-explosion/

Authorities: Hash Oil Sparks Explosion, Fire At Ferndale Building; 1 Injured
CBS Detroit, October 2, 2017 4:33 PM

FERNDALE (WWJ) – One person is hospitalized after authorities say a hash oil operation caused an explosion and fire at a building in Ferndale.

Shortly before 3 p.m. Monday, 911 dispatchers were flooded with reports of explosions on Hilton Road, near 10 Mile Road and I-696 in Ferndale. Firefighters arrived on the scene to find a building fully engulfed; and, as of 4:30 p.m., crews with multiple fire departments were still working to put out the flames.

Fire Marshal Batten said that the explosion and fire appear to have been caused by an illegal hash oil production operation. An individual was using propane to produce hash oil, which spilled and created an explosion and fire, Batten said.

Hilton Rd. was completely shut down between Woodward Heights and 10 Mile.“It is essential that people avoid the immediate area to allow our professionals to get the situation under control safely and expediently,” Batten said.

Local residents told police that there was one big explosion and then some small ones following it for about 15 minutes.

“I talked to a woman who witnessed what happened,” WWJ’s Sandra McNeill reported from the scene. “She heard a boom and came out and said she saw the roof come off of this building. She said it looked like a Jiffy Pop; you know, one of those old popcorn makers.”

According to police, a man in his 30s was inside the building at the time of the explosion. He went next door for help, and was taken to a local hospital. Batten said the man received significant second-and third-degree burns, but his condition at this time is unclear. No additional injuries were reported.

There’s no sign on the building; and Batten said, as far as they know, this was a no-occupancy building. The location where the fire occurred is amid a small strip of businesses. Crews were working to enter the adjoining businesses and ensure the safety of the overall structure.

Batten said residents living behind the fire should stay out of their back yards. “We stress that residents and nearby businesses are safe and there is no danger of the fire spreading,” he said. “But we worry about burning or collapse of overhead power lines in situations like this. Best for neighboring residents to stay indoors and out of harm’s way.”

Batten added that the fire was producing a lot of smoke, so those near the area were urged to close all windows and doors.

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://www.mercedsunstar.com/news/local/crime/article178268646.html

Merced man injured when marijuana-related lab explodes on K Street
BY ROB PARSONS

OCTOBER 11, 2017 10:25 AM

At least one man suffered major injuries late Tuesday when a suspected butane honey oil laboratory exploded inside a K Street apartment near downtown Merced, the Police Department reported.

The explosion was reported at 11:20 p.m. in an apartment complex at 2355 K St., No. 102, Capt. Matt Williams said.

Police said all the apartment’s windows were blown out and major fire damage was found inside the home, including in the bathroom, which police said was “completely melted inside.”

Investigators said the home was being used as a clandestine laboratory to convert marijuana to hash oil, a dangerous process that involves butane and has been known to cause numerous dangerous explosions.

“The suspect or suspects fled the area in a maroon-colored van prior to the arrival of police,” Williams said.

However, just after police were called to Emmanuel Medical Center in Turlock after a man arrived with “major burns that appeared very suspicious,” Williams said.

The 38-year-old man confirmed to police that he lives in the apartment that exploded. The man remained hospitalized Wednesday and had not been arrested in connection with the incident.

“But he refused to talk investigators. He said he lived there, but that’s all he would say,” Williams told the Sun-Star.

Police said it was fortunate that nobody else in the apartment was injured in the explosion.

“It shows just how dangerous those things are,” Williams said. “When you think of all the people who could live in an apartment complex, this could’ve been pretty horrific.”

Williams said the incident should remind residents of the importance of reporting suspicious activity.

“Especially if you think there might be one of these (honey oil) labs near you,” he said. “We’d really like people to let us know if they suspect something like that.”

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No one hurt, no dangerous explosion, a legal cannabis extraction lab catches fire.

http://www.kptv.com/story/36595336/crews-respond-to-hash-oil-fire-at-ne-portland-commercial-building

Crews respond to hash oil fire at NE Portland commercial building

Posted: Oct 13, 2017 7:20 PM PDT
Updated: Oct 13, 2017 7:20 PM PDT
Reporter Haley Rush

A commercial building in northeast Portland caught fire Friday morning, but it wasn’t just any blaze.

Crews with Portland Fire and Rescue had to take extra precautions to put it out because the flames were caused by the legal production of hash oil.

Firefighters arrived at the scene at 2901 NE Columbia Blvd. to find the building full of smoke.

Crews soon learned the source was a fire in one of the hash oil processing units, and firefighters were able to quickly get it under control, though not before taking extra precautions.

The firefighters kept their air packs and face pieces on the entire time they were on scene to make sure they were not exposed to any chemicals. They also had to make sure nothing else can ignite anything in the area and cause an explosion.

“We can’t be sure that the processes themselves are safe or haven’t been tampered with, so we just want to make sure everything is safe for the people around, the neighbors, and of course our firefighters,” Lt. Tommy Schroeder explained.

No one was hurt during the response, and crews said there was not much damage to the building.

In July, a hash oil explosion at a north Portland home killed two people. Firefighters said a large concentration of butane came into contact with an ignition source when the homeowner was trying to produce butane hash oil.

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A message from the Governor of California, Edmund Gerald Brown Jr.

Governor's Veto Message

To the Members of the California State Assembly:

I am returning Assembly Bill 1120 without my signature.

This bill restricts the sale of butane products, and creates a butane sales database housed in the Department of Justice.

I empathize with the author's intent to address the tragic explosions that can occur at illegal butane hash-oil production sites. Unfortunately, I believe this bill takes a very expensive approach that may not ultimately solve the problem. The Department of Public Health is currently working on regulations that will be finalized at the end of this year that move this type of production out of the shadows and into a safe and regulated environment. I believe any additional legislation aimed at curbing illegal butane use should be more narrowly tailored, and not place a uniform limit on an industry that has many other legitimate uses.

Sincerely,

Edmund G. Brown Jr.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billStatusClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180AB1120

:dance013:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6kwDTZJAfY

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/local/7555535-181/sheriff-marijuana-lab-may-be

Sheriff: Marijuana lab may be behind Willits lodge explosion, fire

RANDI ROSSMANN AND NICK RAHAIM
THE PRESS DEMOCRAT | October 23, 2017, 8:45AM
Updated 11 hours ago

Fire apparently from a marijuana hash oil lab inside a rented room at a longstanding Willits‑area lodge late Sunday night injured two people, at least one suffering significant burns, according to the Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office Monday.

Explosions and flames were reported about 9:30 p.m. Sunday at the Brooktrails Lodge. The Lodge is a longtime resort set in redwoods near Willits with several short‑ and long‑term apartments and rooms.

Initial information as the fire erupted included reports that as many as eight people were badly injured but that was pared back as emergency responders got to the call.

Sheriff’s Capt. Greg Van Patten Monday said at least two people were injured and one who’d suffered critical burns had been transferred to a hospital outside Mendocino County.

The fire was put out during the night. It reportedly started at an apartment in a row of units below the lodge, burning those apartments.

The Mendocino Major Crimes Task Force is investigating, Van Patten said. Further details of the drug lab weren’t available but marijuana extraction, or hash oil labs, typically involve highly volatile butane, known to cause explosions and fires.

Cal Fire, Brooktrails fire and at least one ambulance responded.

Check back for details.