What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

better than narcan.....

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Wow that's wonderful, and super good to hear. I would still carry some Narcan just in case. The problem with fentanyl overdoses is there's a time clock that ticks away that governs the success of the antidote. The longer the toxicity the more of a chance of missing the antidotal dose due to death. Really the biggest problem is getting there fast enough. Very interesting thread.

Gry

Veteran
My understanding is that majority of the fentanyl tested has now has other compounds added to it to increase the pleasurably of the product.
The result being that even giving 4 to 6 of the antidote packs is far less effective than it recently was.

Cactus Squatter

My understanding is that majority of the fentanyl tested has now has other compounds added to it to increase the pleasurably of the product.
The result being that even giving 4 to 6 of the antidote packs is far less effective than it recently was.
I’ve seen people I work with get accidentally exposed, OD, and require 3-4 narcan hits to get them to the hospital. Shit is crazy.

Gry

Veteran
When I was younger I lived over in Hong Kong, where the British handled it differently than do we.
They still allowed the old people to have their opiates. It was actually morphine that they were supplied with.
I would watch them line up for it in the mornings after which many would go do Tai Chi.

Gry

Veteran
The stuff has a very unique smell to it. Once I learned what it smells like, I
realized that it was something that is much more abundant than I had thought previously.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
i like alittle opium here n there but that fent is a nasty fucking poison its all mixed with xylazine now which narcan doesnt respond to. have a few friends struggling from it they say the withdrawal from the tranq is as bad as quitting benzos mix that with the fent withdrawals and its a 2 for 1 nighmare

Gry

Veteran
Am in the LA area and it has been here a quite a while. Once I learned what it smells like, I realized right away, that it was very common here. Watched an acquaintance go through a 21day rapid step down program, and it was rough. He did make through though the program though.
Benzos are the most reprehensible substance that I have seen, until this new crap showed up.
We live in a society that is not as forgiving as it once was, it pays to be cautious with ones approach
to life.

goingrey

Workers cleaning out homeless camps coming across it either airborn or through touching it while sweaty as hell and absorbing it. That Shit is absolutely everywhere in the American Southwest. We’ve found drops with Folgers cans full of those fucking pills.
That's pretty crazy must not even be fentanyl but carfentanyl or something like that.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

The cartels are adding Xylazine to fentanyl .. Narcan or similar drugs need 4x the amount to help recover from overdoses. @big315smooth I see you posted the same info.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
milder less dangerous pain relief wild lettuce if it grows in your area taste bitter and decent effect
s-l500 (1).jpg