What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best water to use for growing

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now this is where it gets interesting, I've been thinking a lot about how I adapt to the characteristics of the strain, do certain strains require less or more RO water?

Growing them will be the way to know......environment plays into it as well. JUST GROW!

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now this is where it gets interesting, I've been thinking a lot about how I adapt to the characteristics of the strain, do certain strains require less or more RO water?

What RO water does is (when < 30ppm) it allows the grower to provide a better balanced nutrient profile. Different strains have different nutrient needs

I have 2 similar phenos of same seed stock feeding from one rez. One plant finished 5 days sooner

SouthernGuerila

Gotta Smoke 'Em All!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like H2O2 with a acidiic-neutral pH. 7ish. Though if you're worrying about pH and what not your soil pH and a lot of other crap comes into play(dont quote me).

Maybe add some molasses for a little sweetness/vitamins. Compost tea from healthy compost is another good idea.

I'm glad we have active moderators on here.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
surprised no-one has mentioned rainwater, thats what i've always found best, and its free

mrS0ul

Meatball in Residence
I like to gargle with it.

:tiphat:

mrS0ul
Stick around
while the clown
who is sick
does the trick
of disaster...

Ratzilla

Veteran
surprised no-one has mentioned rainwater, thats what i've always found best, and its free

I have had a 55 gallon barrel tied into my rain gutter for years now.
I have a air pump blowing bubbles into it.
Every now and then I throw a mosquito dunk into it.
When I use it I add a touch of yucca to make it WETTER!
Heh heh heh
Ratz :tiphat:

I wood

I've heard that the depleted RO water will strip away the minerals of your soil...

Just a splash of kelp extract can keep that from being a concern.
I'm not sure it is even a problem but plants like the kelp + water better in my experience.

After a little more thought, if you don't water to run off, where would the minerals go?
I'm back to not worrying about that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts