What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best vaporizers on the market today?

SeanBen

Atmosrx have the top rated herbs vaporizers that are too cheap and portable and smartly fits everybody's budget.

One should definitely go for them I suggest.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Recently tried out the Volcano Plenty at a buddies house. Not a bad unit. I don't think I like the vapor quality as much as I like the Volcano though.

Seems like a lot less maintenance and the actual hits don't hurt my throat as much due to how they designed the whip (which does work to cool down the smoke).

Just didn't seem to hit me as hard between the forehead as the Volcano does.

verbfromaz

i just grabbed this thing called a dragonlite vaporizer, its about the same as the magic flight. hits super hard, had me irieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....got for 30$ from their website last week..allmost grabbed a volcano but that was out of my budget, as i just bought a new house..either way little thing is cool..and works like they said...some people i read everywhere are concerned its junk, and not like da mflb.....ive tried both...they both hit the same...... :) peace

miscbrah3284

Veteran
i have an arizer extreme q....friend has a volcano that we use when im over there and i literally see no reason to spend that much when plenty of other vapes work just as well and are more versatile than the volcano

I use the DBV by Seventh Floor. I love it. Can use oil, as well as herb. I have used the Volcano and would say it is the top of the line vapo, but there are others more versatile, as others stated. A buddy of mine has the Extreme Q, and I would have to say that is the best overall. Does bags, whips, oil, has a fan, a remote, and is high quality. One's i can say i know suck: Vapor Blunt and most dome vapos (ebay crap). I don't think you can go wrong with the suggestions here. good luck on your hunt.

BudToaster

Veteran
i am put off by all the plastic used in most designs -- bags on the volcano and tubing for all the whip devices.

JRace

i am put off by all the plastic used in most designs -- bags on the volcano and tubing for all the whip devices.

Keep in mind the volcano bags are designed to be put into the oven with a turkey inside.
The temps we vape at are far lower than what you bake a turkey at!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Arizer Solo had it 5 months first one, Its much better for the lungs and I'm saving a lot of pot that's not going up in smoke. It's had a couple of times when it didn't want to charge, but it has always started working after a day or two. There's a three year warrenty so I'm holding out until it breaks permanently.

Dont wait! Callem now.:tiphat:

BudToaster

Veteran
Keep in mind the volcano bags are designed to be put into the oven with a turkey inside.
The temps we vape at are far lower than what you bake a turkey at!

yeah, we did that turkey bag thing until i read the label and it said 350°F max temp. i convinced gf to use a ceramic dutch oven instead ... well, big ceramic pot with a glass lid.

i run my vape at 380°F -- sometimes up to 390°F. if they list a maximum temp on the label, in my mind it means there is outgassing before that temp.

medman225

So sorry if this is a stupid question
But have we established the air goin in the bag ora volcano is at 350f or higher? I think that air,from one side of the bud, to the time its in the bag has to hav cooled down at least somwat?
u guys feel like ur sucking in hot air wen u hit a volcano.... its ben a min since iv used a volcano but that's not wat I remember

medman225

I think a volcano to the bong wuld b healthiest. Now jst gotta make sure wat connects the volcano to the bong isn't plastic. Which could b problematic

BudToaster

Veteran
But have we established the air goin in the bag ora volcano is at 350f or higher? I think that air,from one side of the bud, to the time its in the bag has to hav cooled down at least somwat?

absolutely correct. i find the vapor cools when it expands coming out of the bud into the draw tube, so the same would be true going into the bag. for me, it is the principle of the thing. i just don't like inhaling through/with plastic. that's why i built an all glass vaporizer.

and i found it wasn't all that hard to do.

AroMed vaporizer

AroMed vaporizer

Been using my AroMed vaporizer for 2.5 yrs now, very happy with this unit. Water filtration of the vapor being drawn into the user just like taking a bong hit.

Not portable or cheap, but fully glass parts and heated by non ionozing light source. Been a good one for me!!!!
mg

Muleskinner

Veteran
don't worry about the volanco bags leaching chems into your vapor. Yes they're plastic, but they're specifically designed to be food safe, they're crinkly and noisy because there are no plasticizers to soften it up.

BudToaster

Veteran
and yet the bags eventually degrade - get holes - and need to be replaced, eh? That means the plastic essence goes somewhere. i'm not seeing that happen with borosilicate glass.

TheArchitect

Veteran
and yet the bags eventually degrade - get holes - and need to be replaced, eh? That means the plastic essence goes somewhere. i'm not seeing that happen with borosilicate glass.

And again, that's because there are no plasticizers to make it soft.

Folds, folded over and over will lead to holes developing. Fold a piece of paper back and forth enough and it will develop holes along the crease.

The plastic used is essentially oven bag material, which I believe is a high temp nylon. It doesn't begin decomposing until combustion temps, which your vape bag should never see.

I do love the idea of an all glass vape though, and I think the market needs an alternative to plastic bags. The only problem is, plastic bags are the only real option for a smoke vessle. Maybe a tight knit cloth, but cost, and cleanliness would be an issue, if a plastic bag gets sticky, what is cloth going to do?

Idk just ranting...:ying:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
a radio shack inverter ($15 about) and my VAPIR NO2 for travel, serves the purpose, for me, at home SSV. I've tried the NO2 with only the battery and it takes forever to get to temp and return after a hit. but been looking at PAX ($250) by Ploom. read a bunch of reviews, they either loved it or hated it. most hated it because mouthpiece gets hot, I'll use it for about 5-6 hits at a time until an hour or two later, dont think that will be a problem but some report parts falliin and/or failing, this would be. Is the battery any better in the PAX after a year?? anyone have any first hnd use?

EDIT: wet to Ploom site, 'chatted' with CS guy, only 'they' can call you. They do not provide a CS phone number, emails and chat only..