What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best TV series and Movies for stoners?

exoticrobotic

the thief collector
american conspiracy
both of these had me thinking about them the next day.

Thanks @midwestkid both look interesting.

Have you watched slow horses? Like terpterps said, It's a cracker

Also, in the spy genre is of course the amazing Homeland.

I also enjoyed the first few seasons of ozarks.

Diff'rent Strokes

(y)Whachyoutalkinboutwillis :LOL:

Stella street, an old uk short series is also worth a watch.

Its a documentary filmed on a camcorder similar to trailer park boys - a group of British and American celebrities have all decided to move into Stella Street in Surbiton, uk.

From wikipedia

"Stella Street's depiction of celebrities Jack Nicholson is an inveterate womaniser, drug taker, and has a tacky line in Hawaiian shirts. Michael Caine is seen as an awkward wanna-be cognoscente in horn-rimmed glasses and a shock of ginger hair. Dirk Bogarde is a posh buffoon only interested in his rose garden and Country Life magazine. Al Pacino is deluded that he is a "tall actor, like Danny DeVito and Dustin Hoffman", despite the viewer knowing that he (and the others) are of short stature. Joe Pesci is portrayed in the light of his most well-known roles in violent gangster films, while Jimmy Hill inevitably appears dull when talking about the FA Cup Final to plainly uninterested greater celebrities."

exoticrobotic

The white lotus was amusing too, not everyone's cup of tea but i thought it was hilarious.

Years ago i watched Carnivàle. I cant remember exactly what happened but i remember it was good :rasta: :LOL:

plutiot

for those scandi-curious out there... first id say "den store revejakten" (the great foxhunt), its about the end of the hippie era, comedy about some wannabe smugglers/dealers getting into some.. well.. the 70\s i guess, my number 2 is "TOMME TØNNER 1&2" (empty barrels 1&2) about some criminals thinking they hit the jackpot, first one is better, but the second 2... make sure your bowl is well smoked, and 3rd "arme riddere" (french toast? )i have no fucking clue about bread analogies) about even more silly criminals winning the lottery.. and the aftermath, 4th is "kopps" (cops) swedish film, cops do what cops do, though the language migth be unbearable to figure out to alot of people, the abolute uniqe scandinavian embarresing in a serious situation and black humor is still some of the funniest stuff i know, probably better movies for sure, but this dark/norwegian/winterdepression/gallows humor, is quite uniqe, THERE IS A REASON YOU RARELY SEE A NORWEGIAN STANDUP COMIC OUTSIDE OF THE 2? BARS THAT DO STANDUP IN THIS CITY LOL) most og these film tie togeather with the theme of quick cash and greed. i like how our anti heroes are always the victorious one

Terpyterps

Thanks @midwestkid both look interesting.

Have you watched slow horses? Like terpterps said, It's a cracker

Also, in the spy genre is of course the amazing Homeland.

I also enjoyed the first few seasons of ozarks.

(y)Whachyoutalkinboutwillis :LOL:

Stella street, an old uk short series is also worth a watch.

Its a documentary filmed on a camcorder similar to trailer park boys - a group of British and American celebrities have all decided to move into Stella Street in Surbiton, uk.

From wikipedia

"Stella Street's depiction of celebrities Jack Nicholson is an inveterate womaniser, drug taker, and has a tacky line in Hawaiian shirts. Michael Caine is seen as an awkward wanna-be cognoscente in horn-rimmed glasses and a shock of ginger hair. Dirk Bogarde is a posh buffoon only interested in his rose garden and Country Life magazine. Al Pacino is deluded that he is a "tall actor, like Danny DeVito and Dustin Hoffman", despite the viewer knowing that he (and the others) are of short stature. Joe Pesci is portrayed in the light of his most well-known roles in violent gangster films, while Jimmy Hill inevitably appears dull when talking about the FA Cup Final to plainly uninterested greater celebrities."
Actually started rewatching Slow Horses, Gary Oldman is acting so damn well!

Hasch

learning and laughing
Shōgun

Only 3 episodes so far, but each of them excellent.
Yes, I was pleasantly surprised by the new series 👍🏼

Screenshot_20240305-075403.png
The original series (80ies) was also quiet good imo.

And the book...

Reactions: JKD

HarleyJammer

Veteran
I remember having a good time blazing a good one and watching:

Highlander
Big Trouble in Little China
Easy Rider
The Song Remains the Same
Tommy
Escape From New York

.. oh yeah.. cant forget Gummo and Blue Velvet

El Timbo

Malviviendo - this is a series made in 2008 (first series). Set in Sevilla, Spain, Europe and featuring some great characters. It was made for youtube. This is the first episode of the first series - it's brilliant! It has subtitles in English, French and Spanish (some Spanish speakers might need it!)