What's new

Best strain for commerce outdoor production?

_Dude

But I got to tell you in the Midwest 42 deg north potency is everything. Bag appeal or taste is definitely second fiddle to people I know. The reason is you can buy Mexi brick for 80/oz and it will get you high and even stoned if you get lucky enough to not get a bag of sticks and stones (stems and seeds)
Yeah, didn't mean to say potency isn't king as far as the customer goes, it's just that, in smaller markets like the one I'm in, folks don't have as many choices for premium grade. Yep, tons of brick, but not a lot of sins. And they won't cough up another 10 bucks a quarter, no matter what you're selling, lol. And there are so many high potency strains now, that the top potency strains can't really get noticed. At least not enough to make it worthwhile if other factors (yield, whatever) are weaker.

My point is just that where I am, you get to a certain point in potency and after that you're looking at diminishing returns. And I hit that point with some seeds a guy gave me, which I have no idea where they came from or what strain they are, lol.

I just thought all this was worth pointing out since this and most other grower forums are dominated by hobby growers who actually get a reward for hunting down the most potent strains. It's easy for a newbie to get the idea that going for a heavy yielder like Big Bud will mean a sacrifice in potency. Well, okay, there will be a loss, but it won't make a difference in medium and small markets. Heavy yielders that are tough, easy to grow and have short flowering times are the way to go for commercial growers in these markets because almost all strains today are "potent enough."

Last edited:

Wolff

Himalaya Gold is supposed to be a huge yeilder and finishes around October. I'm running it this year. I'm running alot of stuff from Greenhouse this year. The Church looks to have good commercial potential, White Widow, Alaskan Ice and Big Bang. All seem to be good commercial producers and harvest from the end of September to the end of October. We shall see...

Hamstring, As far as an early finishing commercial strain. I had some success with Purple Pineberry. I'd look into Canadian genetics. I got a qp per plant from the Purple Pineberry. Vegged them for 3 weeks(fluoros) and put them out in late June. If I had vegged them and put them out in May I think they could have come close to a pound. It's touted as the "purple pund plant". I'd Look at Texeda Timewarp and other Canadian genetics.

gunnaknow

Easy Sativa - yes
Maroc - No (not a good yielder)

Purple Maroc is a better yielder, largely due to the Purple Power in it's make-up. Perhaps it's still not as heavy yielding as some strains, but from what I've seen, it's a very reliable producer that doesn't require much love or attention. It's always good to have a few plants like that, as an insurance.

Last edited:

lijunwei1Sheffu

i grew out the medmans silver skunk bx1 and would have been a huge producer for a uk outdoor grow..but my plots got found out n i uprooted in just before flower..

the plant is short stocky n has huge stems ..very resistant to bud rot and has a LIVERS / blue type smell to it..but also has great fall colours both in leaves n the flower itself.

highly recommend growing medmans stuff and will be ordering more of his stuff in teh near future

idiit

Veteran
southern star seeds nanan bouclou (papua new guinea gold/haitian) clones are in.

the png dom clones were in by end of september. extremely potent, great bag appeal, great dud structure, frosty, gooey, great high. almost no budrot despite the fact that they came in during the hot muggy bud rot time of year. best commercial strain i've run.

seeds of africa malawi gold is coming in late but the soa mg hybrids will all pretty much be finished by end of october.

i very nearly got popped out in my main guerilla patch and had to chuck everything in the woods including camera. wasn't my property and i got out safely. i removed all my pictures/albums for security reasons. doesn't look like leo knows who was doing the grow. in short; no pictures for a while. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts