What's new

best seed company for noobs

komrade komura

Gotta agree with Serious Seeds.

A run of Chronic and celebrate your first grow with huge buds and strong smoke.

Or if you have odour control...AK47 will blow your head off. White Russian....their entire line seems stable and strong with excellent genetics.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why are so many people recommending Nirvana, the orginal pollenchucker?

Perhaps because many of us had experience with their genetics as relatively new growers,, which were positive. Consensus does not care for morals man!

Growdoc's Seeds - are good for inexperience medi. growers,, short and fast, with positive results.

We would advise that new growers start with regular seeds (not fem.),, since then they can learn to recognise the male 50% of the plant they are growing :D

Which ever strain have fun! that's the most important part!

Peace

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I agree with Doc especially on the fun bits, and I would add that new growers should probably also steer clear of autoflower models. There is high potential for disappointment, and not a good thing to have bad luck right off the go.

I always suggest to friends that they start out with a mix of some sort. It is a great experience to witness the development of a variety of expressions. Part of the learning curve that also includes recognizing the sexual expressions, that Doc also mentioned.

I think Mandala Safari Mix is being offered as a freebie at present, so if it were me, I would chose something with something specific and cheap and ask for the safari mixers.
Any seed vendor that is doing business at the Boutique has been vetted and is a reputable vendor. Although the selection process at the Bay is slightly lax, most everything offered there too is valid. Being new, I would probably steer away from the members offerings until you figure out what you like, and who may be offering it.

luvtogrow

Agree that Paradise is a fine place to get your seeds. Highly recommend the Swiss Bliss. Serious another fine place. Mr Nice seeds is my place of great seed.
Nirvana, KCBrains would be last on my list of fine genetics. Unless something has changed with them, they are not going to give you great plants everytime with little selection. Are you kidding me? Am I wrong in saying that Nirvana copies good strains by crossing the real thing with sk1. That's what i've always read, for many years. With that said, even the worst strains i've bought and grown were alright. There is however, another level!!!

Scrogerman

Veteran
Yea man, i think you'll find that Nivarna have a huge selection of fine genetics, not just sk1 crosses, & most seed breeders/companys have copied something or other in their time too.
For the Money/Cost, Nivarna have to be one of the 'Best' out there for very decent/fine quality genetics. £10-£12 for a 10 pack Regs & around £20 for a 5 pack of Fems. Their lines are stable. I cant speak highly enough of them. Thats why soo many people are recommending Nivarna, Their seeds are soo cheap & top notch quality, what more could a novice want. Nivarna have a huge selection & are one of the Best in these respects imo.
Paradise are V-Cool too, tried many fine Buds of their stuff too. 'Jacky White' was one of the last i tried from them, very stable line & lovely grapefruit/jack herer flavours, Top Notch & easy to grow with good mold resistance. You cant go wrong with either seedbank.
Its the Price & Quality why soo many are recommending Nivarna. I found 2 lovely keepers of Ice & the pack only cost us £10 lol! what more could you want.
lets not forget Seedbay & the Boo either, but it helps to know what your looking for.

mjg132

Any seeds that appeal to you personally is the 'best' choice.
Take a look at the high and taste details,like it?....buy it!!
You will make mistakes,i know how to wash up,but there's always a frickin' small spoon left in the bowl when i dump the water.....

sativa92

KC brains??? most of his stuff is meant for outdoors, and has alot of sativa in them... i wouldnt recomend them to a noob growing indoors.. as others have said nirvana, is good to start on...
my first commercial bought seeds was ak-47(before changed to 48)from nirvana.. that was ten years ago and i still grow it!! its on its seventh generation....and killer!!!

angel4us

ICMag Donor
go big ! right out the gate man!!! its a weed keep it simple dude ... read of others failures on here so your educated and dont ever lose a grow!!!! if you do its your own laziness period . evberything is preventable...

get some ak 47 or some bogglegum- any thing bog lifesaver ,sourbubble is stupenduous shit . make a 30 year vet spin and puke shit....

pretty much go with short flower period , a highly indica dominated strain and while your doing your first run you can do your homework and pick a new system /style /technique. i would highly recomend vegatating a scrog till 3/4 full then flip 12/12 . trim all the big leaves and light inhibitating little ones.
the whole key is timing - unless you have unlimited electricity then you coould theoretically have all kinds of things going at once!!HEHEHEEE. the key is to have vegatated plants ready to go into freshly sterilized clean as baby ass flower room. thus minimizing turnover time till you can drool over more buds while making bubble hash from last run......its going to be fun 4 u put your helmet on dude.....peace

angel4us

ICMag Donor
go big !!

go big !!

dont worry man its a weed . keep it simple and do your research on icmag and experience others failures so you dont have to waste your grow ,simply do your homework on whatever style/grow method you choose and read some grow threads !!!

choose a fast flowerer like bogs -bogglegum
choose something high indica dominant -ak-47 serious seeds

its all about timing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! having a nicely vegged plant ready to go into a freshly cleaned flower room the day after harvest.

highly reccomend using entire first grow to weave a modular scrog and hopefully it will be 3/4 plus full when your first run is finishing up!!!
if you go hydro ,,, cleanliness is next to godliness....and watch out for hydro herpes (brown slime) use dutch masters zone !!!!!!!!!
as far as nutes go less is more!!!!!!!!!!!! peace and enjoy making your own bubble hash and get your timing down for x-mas eve harvest , thats cool.....

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
Nirvana, Mandala

Got to agree with the others.

Satori or Bubblelicious are good calls for first timers.

B

BeAn

MANDALA!! :comfort:

P.s. its a weed, remember that....it will take so much shit n still do what it was meant to do...get some skunk, x18, deepchunk, c99, Ace-seeds sats are easy if thats yo thang, cbg sandstorm, sugarloaf...nirvana/positronics if ya aint got $...id make a shit load of seed first run, i:e dont kill any males, then go from there, no chance of wasted $...:D

wow nobody reccomended greenhouse seeds? they currently have mix packs now with around 5 different strains with 1 seed or 2 depends on how much you spend and thats great for a new grower due to the wide variety of genetics....only seed i had a issue from my mixpack was the church but other then that all are doing great....esp the cheese and great white shark....i got the mix pack because it was my first grow with a good breeder and so far so good...minus the church which could have been my wrong doing....some have bad things to say about GHS but from what i seen in pictures from people here on ic there a good company.

Any seeds that appeal to you personally is the 'best' choice.
Take a look at the high and taste details,like it?....buy it!!
You will make mistakes,i know how to wash up,but there's always a frickin' small spoon left in the bowl when i dump the water.....

go nirvana or KC brains .....cheap and good til u learn what your doin

REZDOG

Veteran
You want easy to grow,powerful as hell,and stinky as a skunk parade?
Reservoir's CHEMDOG IBL.
It's not cheap,but great genetics never are.

~RD~