What's new

Best Sativas that stimulate the mind but don't cause anxiety or heart racing?

R

Rubber Chicken

I was asking about gentle but uplifting Sativas before, but i've changed the thread to most enjoyable strains and why, and could you share the experience.

Thanks for any opinions.

Last edited:

Green Squall

I remember AK47 really used to chill me out and take away anxiety. It's been a few years since I've smoked it unfortunately.

igrowone

Veteran
subbing(as usual) for non racy sativas
you can never have too many non racy sativa choices

b8man

Veteran
The CBD strains don't really show through the sativa stimulation in my experience. It delivers the CBD and might provide a bit of giddyness from the THC, but it's not at all like the rush that recreational strains deliver. You'll be left wanting.

I've really enjoyed Ace's Orient Express which provides a nice rush followed by more relaxing indica effects and has treated my anxiety sensitivity quite well. Too much without some pure indicas to break it up though can make it a little more twitchy.

Good luck with the hunt. Quite a personal thing finding a strain which is friendly.

amanda88

Yeah I'm adhd, as members know only too well ...lol

Powerplant an old strain from Holland

and Kerala Skunk both do very well

SpaceJunkOG

Yeah I'm adhd, as members know only too well ...lol

Powerplant an old strain from Holland

i saw the thread title and was gonna pop in and yell "power plant!" but ya beat me to it. +1.

Might as well add another South African strain and say Durban.

I'm convinced Power Plant is just a different pheno of Durban as well after growing it a bunch, . . . . . smells the same, feels the same, very euphoric, happy, outdoors-ey type high, makes you very aware and appreciative of nature and surroundings, "opens the third eye" and gives insight, also great for creativity. no mind racing, it's not like any of the modern hybrid sativas really, feels "cleaner", more old school high if that makes sense. pretty sure it came out in the late 90's.

b8man

Veteran
I grew Powerplant before I suffered from anxiety so didn't appreciate it for that, but do remember it was a strong high and gave a massive yield.

igrowone

Veteran
some powerplant connoisseurs here
leafly.com shows that Dutch Passion is the 'owner' of the PP genetics
wondering if this is bogus and DP is just the biggest seller
i grew out nirvana's pure powerplant(similar genetics?), good for anxiety though an indica leaning pheno is what i ended up with

X

Xray Kimono

Federations Hawaiian Sativa... perfect mental clarity of thought, helium noggin, chatty, energetic but relaxed, smoooooooth uppity high. Fruity sweet taste, but not sugary like ISS or Goat

Sigh... I miss her so....

I have anxiety as well and ECSD works the best FOR ME as an all day, get your shit done high. Blue dream is a little heavier but works well for me. I've only had it a few times but the Maui wowie stands out too. I heard Dj shorts blueberry is also great for uplifting high while helping anxiety. Stay away from c99, at least imo.

mrmop

The blueberry family is a great option. They're bred with anxiety relief / sativa type highs in mind.

St. Phatty

I would say that Fed. Romulan is one of the better 'up' highs that I've had. From seeds I bought in 2004.

Haven't had luck with Next Gen. Romulan.

Not really helpful if you can't buy it now, I guess.

Ace Seeds Malawi and Bangi Haze also come to mind.

X

Xray Kimono

I have anxiety as well and ECSD works the best FOR ME as an all day, get your shit done high. Blue dream is a little heavier but works well for me. I've only had it a few times but the Maui wowie stands out too. I heard Dj shorts blueberry is also great for uplifting high while helping anxiety. Stay away from c99, at least imo.

Diesels are the same with me... They are my ACTUAL favorite because you cant find Fed Haw Sat anymore. They take you UP but they also fuck you UP :)

As far as C99, I REALLY liked Dieselrella DG had.. taste so good you cant stop smoking it...like pineapple crack or something

SpaceJunkOG

some powerplant connoisseurs here
leafly.com shows that Dutch Passion is the 'owner' of the PP genetics
wondering if this is bogus and DP is just the biggest seller
i grew out nirvana's pure powerplant(similar genetics?), good for anxiety though an indica leaning pheno is what i ended up with

everything you ever wanted to know about Power Plant and probably waaay more.....

POWER PLANT (the original, first):
Dutch Passion came out with Power Plant first in 1997. They claim it to be a "pure south african strain" / never hybridized, but with 12.5% indica in it (lol @ an indica/sativa percentage with a decimal in it), so essentially they took an already hybridized wild strain from South Africa and just inbred it (according to their site). It's obvious when you grow it, it's not a pure Sativa; the bud structure and yield show obvious indica influence, but the high is very much sativa.

PURE POWER PLANT (whitelabel / Sensi, Nirvana):
"Pure Power Plant" from Nirvana was originally claimed to be "unrelated to Dutch Passion's Power Plant", but it later came out that it was bred using Dutch Passion's power plant, even though they half-assedly admitted it ("bred using South African sativa". . . they don't actually admit to using Power Plant, just South African sativa, then they put "power plant" in their strain name!! A little shady?). They crossed it with an unknown American indica, assumedly to increase yield. I don't know why any sativa-lover would choose this strain over the original strain, but it gained quite a lot of popularity. I think a lot of this was due to confusion (and maybe just greed / the higher yield of PPP), the name of the strain is actually backwards: this is NOT PURE power plant. This is hybridized power plant. Dutch Passion's Power Plant is the PURE one, if there is such a thing as a "pure" power plant. Nirvana / Whitelabel's strain is an indica / sativa hybrid with some indica leaning phenos and enough hype to thoroughly confuse the masses about what Power Plant really is. (sidenote: this is coming from somebody with not-so-great customer experiences with Dutch Passion, who generally prefers SensiSeeds or Nirvana when it comes to the wellknown seedmakers).

There are no indica-leaning phenos in DP's Power Plant (at least not in the 6 i popped to find a mother) - they are all pretty much uniform, and all very much sativa in their effect. The only variations in 6 phenos I had were a couple herms and 1 with a stretchy structure, but the high was the same on all of them - morning coffee weed. The hippie speedball.

Nirvana's Pure Power Plant is the one that has indica-leaning phenos, because they crossed Power Plant with some kind of indica. I think it has probably prevented a lot of sativa-enthusiasts from finding the REAL power plant, which is a shame in my eyes.

And there you have the story of two power plants.

igrowone

Veteran
everything you ever wanted to know about Power Plant and probably waaay more.....

POWER PLANT (the original, first):
Dutch Passion came out with Power Plant first in 1997. They claim it to be a "pure south african strain" / never hybridized, but with 12.5% indica in it (lol @ an indica/sativa percentage with a decimal in it), so essentially they took an already hybridized wild strain from South Africa and just inbred it (according to their site). It's obvious when you grow it, it's not a pure Sativa; the bud structure and yield show obvious indica influence, but the high is very much sativa.

PURE POWER PLANT (whitelabel / Sensi, Nirvana):
"Pure Power Plant" from Nirvana was originally claimed to be "unrelated to Dutch Passion's Power Plant", but it later came out that it was bred using Dutch Passion's power plant, even though they half-assedly admitted it ("bred using South African sativa". . . they don't actually admit to using Power Plant, just South African sativa, then they put "power plant" in their strain name!! A little shady?). They crossed it with an unknown American indica, assumedly to increase yield. I don't know why any sativa-lover would choose this strain over the original strain, but it gained quite a lot of popularity. I think a lot of this was due to confusion (and maybe just greed / the higher yield of PPP), the name of the strain is actually backwards: this is NOT PURE power plant. This is hybridized power plant. Dutch Passion's Power Plant is the PURE one, if there is such a thing as a "pure" power plant. Nirvana / Whitelabel's strain is an indica / sativa hybrid with some indica leaning phenos and enough hype to thoroughly confuse the masses about what Power Plant really is. (sidenote: this is coming from somebody with not-so-great customer experiences with Dutch Passion, who generally prefers SensiSeeds or Nirvana when it comes to the wellknown seedmakers).

There are no indica-leaning phenos in DP's Power Plant (at least not in the 6 i popped to find a mother) - they are all pretty much uniform, and all very much sativa in their effect. The only variations in 6 phenos I had were a couple herms and 1 with a stretchy structure, but the high was the same on all of them - morning coffee weed. The hippie speedball.

Nirvana's Pure Power Plant is the one that has indica-leaning phenos, because they crossed Power Plant with some kind of indica. I think it has probably prevented a lot of sativa-enthusiasts from finding the REAL power plant, which is a shame in my eyes.

And there you have the story of two power plants.

thank you, and actually glad to hear it all
if i had known when i bought my seeds, the DP might have been my choice
at the time you go with your best guess what's inside those seeds
i will give the nirvana version its due, it has a very calming effect
at least the pheno i had did, but not so much sativa
running another PPP, maybe some more sativa this time