What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Sativa for indoor 4x2

Budshine

Heard you on a few podcasts and love your passion,real gardener beautiful to hear you discuss your plants,proper treat🙏I looking to screw up your beautiful work by squeezing 2 plants into an indoor 4x2 …..which will stay the healthiest 😆…Panama?? Zamaldelica?? Super Malawi Haze ?? All have structures that I would love to see naturally in my closet but my light currently has a top end of 6ft so it may be wiser to scrog two plants ? Any suggestions really grateful 🙏

Budshine

Mad …really 3 gal…do those roots not get constricted to fuck ..I have two plants in 30/35 litre pots each …both have huge roots ?

Budshine

I was an ex nursery worker and prefer watering larger pots I feel more leverage for fuck ups too but just find small pots too frequently in my hands 😆..if that makes sense. I hear some worked strains are quite short now anyway and I like seeing their natural structure over scrog …close second 🙏 learning ..right now…and probably running before I can walk but would love to try a homegrown Sativa 🙏💯 this summer 🙏

Ras Kali Rasta

How much height do have for the pot and plant when the distance from plant tops to light is taken into consideration?

As @goingrey said, you've got pretty much unlimited options for a 2 plant SCROG (altough with very vigorous lanky sativas you'll have to do the filling of the net during stretch, rather than veg.

SOG is also an option if you want to run higher plant numbers. I once grew 6 Killer A5s in a 70×50cm space in tall 3.8L pots. Plants were mainstem clones and ended up around 90cm tall. They started flower in 0.5L pots, then were uppotted to 1.5L then 3.8L.

Zamaldelica fems and Panama × Bangi Haze fems would grow together well in a SOG as they should grow to similar heights. They would be great for the 2 plant SCROG as there is a high chance with both of getting a good one from one seed and they are quite different in effects and flavours.

Sensistar42

How much height do have for the pot and plant when the distance from plant tops to light is taken into consideration?

As @goingrey said, you've got pretty much unlimited options for a 2 plant SCROG (altough with very vigorous lanky sativas you'll have to do the filling of the net during stretch, rather than veg.

SOG is also an option if you want to run higher plant numbers. I once grew 6 Killer A5s in a 70×50cm space in tall 3.8L pots. Plants were mainstem clones and ended up around 90cm tall. They started flower in 0.5L pots, then were uppotted to 1.5L then 3.8L.

Zamaldelica fems and Panama × Bangi Haze fems would grow together well in a SOG as they should grow to similar heights. They would be great for the 2 plant SCROG as there is a high chance with both of getting a good one from one seed and they are quite different in effects and flavours.
I must say I don’t think I see to many of aces gear on here in a Scrog or sog. It’s fun! 😊

Sensistar42

I'll have mine installed Sunday evening over a killer a5 haze. So that's one more.
Nice! I have 2x2 nylon netting I made in a 2x2 pvc square on each of the tent besides the front and one for the base as well. To get the most out of my tent when Scroging and keeping one’s one the side as well. A pic of my Violeta x honduras from earlier this year

Attachments

• 9F39167B-AFAE-4CBE-9C67-39D1D6061894.jpeg
    9F39167B-AFAE-4CBE-9C67-39D1D6061894.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 54

oldworld

Nice! I have 2x2 nylon netting I made in a 2x2 pvc square on each of the tent besides the front and one for the base as well. To get the most out of my tent when Scroging and keeping one’s one the side as well. A pic of my Violeta x honduras from earlier this year
Can you post a pic with that filled up? I'm not understanding how the net comes into play against the walls.

Sensistar42

No pics of my own at the moment filled. These examples are much bigger of other peoples but it gives and idea of it. But essentially like this with different strains in each side, and one flat.

Or just one spread out flat and up the walls. Only a 135watt led, so not much penetration spread out gets me better and product.

Attachments

• CD0BF0C1-1CA2-4D1B-9414-42F16F8BFCBD.jpeg
    CD0BF0C1-1CA2-4D1B-9414-42F16F8BFCBD.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 71
  • 62F669ED-98CF-48C5-96BC-158346E2452C.jpeg
    62F669ED-98CF-48C5-96BC-158346E2452C.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 71

oldworld

No pics of my own at the moment filled. These examples are much bigger of other peoples but it gives and idea of it. But essentially like this with different strains in each side, and one flat.

Or just one spread out flat and up the walls. Only a 135watt led, so not much penetration spread out gets me better and product.
Now that is cool

Reactions: Rgd

oldworld

Yup! But keep in mind mine are only 1-3 gallons at most unless it’s just 1 plant in a 2x2. Space constrictions are a killer. Lol
I don't really have those. I have a bit of an overhead limit... but not really. I can move to the kitchen if I have to 😆 cathedral ceilings will give me space to put in an extra 3ft of height extensions (probably more, why not?) If I really need to.

And I might do that. Grow one out, untopped, and decorate for Christmas 🎄

So how do you do that? It just grow along the horizontal, then tuck it behind as it grows up? But it seems like the bottom would be overgrown by then.

oldworld

Mine has been put in place. My OCD will require me to adjust it, but here we go. Please join me. I'm expecting the fun to start in about a week.

Attachments

• 20240409_114319.jpg
    20240409_114319.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 41

Latest posts

Latest posts