Veteran
my bkgk pheno... bubba kush x grape krush - retardo motabon seeds

picture.php

picture.php

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
This is my favorite, in early flower right now

this is my gorilla grape f3 (one of the phenos I kept)

attachment.php

Attachments

• gorillagrapef3.jpg
    gorillagrapef3.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 6

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
For those that have been searching out elite "Purple" strains but have always come up short in your search, no worries. In January 2011 I will be sending in Grand Daddy Purple, Purple Urkle and Grape Ape as "FREEBIES" to seedbay.

Also my Sugar Cane Kush is a potent, high yielding Purple strain that tastes and smells like Grape Hubba Bubba Chewing Gum.

My Arizona Iced Tea and also my Grape Skunk turn Purple within the right grow situations.

:ying:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=154261&page=127

simos

That's great news, reservationlabs. I've heard urkle is derived from an old Humboldt IBL, which makes me think it should make good breeding material... Maybe some of the purple haters who have never seen real purps will finally get their hands on some and shut up.

These strains aren't just popular because they sport high anthocyanin levels - they're popular because they yield very dense, distinctive smelling and tasting herb.

Of course, part of the interest is the visually exotic appearance, however, the other defining characteristics that the closely-related Cali purps strains (Urkle, GDP, Grape Ape, etc.) display are the reason they're so popular. As rainman pointed out quite a while ago, they taste uncannily like sweet grapes (Grape Ape most of all, IMO). They also have a pungent "purps" smell and a distinctive shade of orange pistils. The highs are immediate face-slappers, then mellow, warm, and narcotic.

Once you've sampled real Cali purps, you understand that it's not "just purple weed." Given the choice, I'll take a good OG or unusual sativa dominant hybrid over purps any day of the week, but they're definitely not to be dismissed as a mere color fad.

Pretty sure I see some Nancy Botwin and Purple Pakistani Chitral in my future. Who knows how long they'll stay in the stable, but I have to give em a shot at the very least

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I've always heard that purple phenotypes are great for my Anxiety.

I've always wanted to get Purple Urkle from the description of the effect/type of high.

The only thing I have that would turn purple is BubbaChunk seeds, which I have high hopes for.

Yggdrasil

<looks at killing fields seeds in tin> Didn't even know they could be so purdy! Thanks for ther heads up cloneman.

AGrow

I know purple is genetic and has to do with "Anthocyanin". But I think its still true that the taste and yield differ among purple strains. And here's why:

1. I searched Anthocyanin on wiki and it said (though marginally) that it does effect flavor of plants. And from experience purples tend to have a certain flavor (not grape though, more like musky fruity pebbles).
2. They DO yield less typically because the color truly comes out when you either flush or have a P deficiency (hence the cold temperatures always help because plants have trouble absorbing P below certain temps). If you have a deficiency, which a really, really purple plant will 90% of the time, then you will get a lesser yield IMO.