What's new

Best pre-2000 seed strain?

I wish I had been able to go to the Cannabis Cup in the mid 90's as it seemed so much more than it is now, even though I have never been to one! :D I heard of the vote buying and the whole it is all bull vibe, but forget about it! I am just wondering what strains bred pre-2000 are still relevant today and have that staying power to still be in demand today? I know AK47 for one, but what else? Is, for instance Bubblegum still in demand and people still loving it or is it all washed up has been?

AbeFroman

I remember White Rhino, Alaskan Thunder Fuck, and Northern Lights being the popular stuff in the mid 90's by me.

yeah dude I remember those too, question is are they still working for people to this day or are they a thing of the past?

pre-98 bubba, in seed form??? I heard so much good about that I just have to have it, who has it in seed form? much thanks in advance for your reply

AbeFroman

yeah dude I remember those too, question is are they still working for people to this day or are they a thing of the past?

pre-98 bubba, in seed form??? I heard so much good about that I just have to have it, who has it in seed form? much thanks in advance for your reply

Oh sorry. Well the Orignial White Rhino is now Medicine Man by Mr. Nice. I still see it from time to time in the local dispensaries and people still like to grow it. So I would still consider it working. People still work with Northern Lights all the time expecially the #5. I think the closest you can get the Alaskan Thunder Fuck is Matanuska Tundra from Sagamartha. But there are still Alaskan Thunder Fuck clones floating around here locally. How legitimate they are to the original I have no idea.

Also you can get Pre-98 bubba in seed form from CC.

Oh sorry. Well the Orignial White Rhino is now Medicine Man by Mr. Nice. I still see it from time to time in the local dispensaries and people still like to grow it. So I would still consider it working. People still work with Northern Lights all the time expecially the #5. I think the closest you can get the Alaskan Thunder Fuck is Matanuska Tundra from Sagamartha. But there are still Alaskan Thunder Fuck clones floating around here locally. How legitimate they are to the original I have no idea.

Also you can get Pre-98 bubba in seed form from CC.
I don't know if I sense sarcasm or disgust or if it is just me, but I meant no disrespect man! I wanted the Thnderfuck then and I do now but still not well connected enough I guess so congats to you for being that well connected! Medicine Man is some fine stuff, trying that out now. much thanks and peace

AbeFroman

I don't know if I sense sarcasm or disgust or if it is just me, but I meant no disrespect man! I wanted the Thnderfuck then and I do now but still not well connected enough I guess so congats to you for being that well connected! Medicine Man is some fine stuff, trying that out now. much thanks and peace

Neither and I apologize if I came off that way. I just saw that my initial post was sort of off topic based on your response and wanted to answer your initial question with the three strains I mentioned.

I'm not really well connected in regards to the ThunderFuck I just live in a legal state so they pop up in dispensaries now and then. But you never really know how legitimate any of the clones are in those places. I have some Medicine Man beans myself and look forward to growing them out.

Again sorry for coming off in a bad manner. Happy growing

no problem Abe, and I apologize if I came on too strong too. It is good to see that some of the 90's stuff is still valued, not just the latest flavors of the month! I hear all this talk about old strains from the early 80's and before being sought after, but not much in between except all that pre-98 this or pre-2000 that. good info, please keep it coming! peace

Yeah seeds form.

Got'em from a friend, who got them from some grower at the Cannabis cup in Amsterdam. Packed with labels and everything. First one just got out of my jiffy's :p

Latest posts

Latest posts