What's new

Best potting mix available from Bunnings for outdoor grow.

Thanks for all this info guys, I've totally forgotten about soil now and went and bought me some coco the other day. Only problem is it's got a slow release fertiliser in it which I guess just means I'll have to let it sit in some water for awhile and double wash it before use. I can use the run-off water in the garden anyways so it's not like I'm being completely wasteful. This last week has been hell here in Melbourne as far as the weather goes. Guess it's probably good for the vegging growth of my plants but apart from that it's drying the whole place out. Can't even imagine what the fellas in Adelaide are going through. Poor Benji.

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
Thanks for all this info guys, I've totally forgotten about soil now and went and bought me some coco the other day. Only problem is it's got a slow release fertiliser in it which I guess just means I'll have to let it sit in some water for awhile and double wash it before use. I can use the run-off water in the garden anyways so it's not like I'm being completely wasteful. This last week has been hell here in Melbourne as far as the weather goes. Guess it's probably good for the vegging growth of my plants but apart from that it's drying the whole place out. Can't even imagine what the fellas in Adelaide are going through. Poor Benji.

Agreed Mountain_Monkey the last week fucking fried my babies... I went to go check on em yesterday and they were fucked........ to put it mildly... no biggy dragged all the pots to the river and dunked em all nice good.. and put em all in the shade to recovery for the next week :)

as for using the flushed water from the coco... be careful that water contains enough salt to kill most things it comes into contact with or at very least give it a bashing it wont forget...

make sure you flush at least 3 times if using a hose... or as slayer said untill water runs clear :) and if using the river tech leave in there for a good 4 - 5 days this will guarantee a perfect flush :2cents:

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
hahaha ya went for the coco ...cool...easy on the back hey?...yea im in adelaide too...stinkn hot...xams pageant tomorrow...poor santa in his big red suit...guess he will be wearing one of those ice jackets like the football players wear in practice?...will be plenty of roast reindeer to go round if your in the city ppl! .HH. =]-~

p.s...you going to get a bit of perlite to mix in to aerate it a bit? not a bad idea...but not the end of the world if you dont....from memory bunnings do sell small bags of it...and i have seen the 100ltr bags there too.

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well the hot weather has officialy fucked all my plants not sure if they will recover time to start re-evaluating and working round this HOT bullshit weather AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:1help: :mad: :1help: :mad: :1help: :mad: :1help: :mad: :1help: :mad: :1help: :fsu:

Schlossi

Adelaide air con city. Forget Bunnings as JWP said (good luck this month bro). Dont get the big red tick bags from Woolies that crap. Ccoco seems best about 10% prlite.
growing season full pelt smart state.

HippySlayer

how hot ?

how hot ?

Well the hot weather has officialy fucked all my plants not sure if they will recover time to start re-evaluating and working round this HOT bullshit weather AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:1help: :mad: :1help: :mad: :1help: :mad: :1help: :mad: :1help: :mad: :1help: :fsu:

Not all of them dude....3 here are doing well & starting to put on some weight. :joint: they also have trays to keep them wet. :yeahthats

shroomyshroom

Veteran
Not all of them dude....3 here are doing well & starting to put on some weight. :joint: they also have trays to keep them wet. :yeahthats

went out and got some trays today as well....... this year is gonna be one for the record books for the heat.....

JWP

heat is good.. well if you have sativa dom plants.

boys sry to hear abt ur grows going a bit...

but this isnt your 1st year growing is it? you knew the heat was comming right?

i like the heat... the humidity gets me :mad:

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
my coco seedlings(less perlite) havnt been drying like i want them too...thought to save the hps today and throw them outside...dryed up in the morn..so i could give them a water...will bring them in i guess before the main heat of the day hits them...probly find out its one of those great mistakes lol

sad to hear benji...your talking about OD plants right?...even my indoors without an air con are doing fine...must be over 40 in there 1/2 way through flower hehehehe...door open though so not toooo bad...good luck with the heat ppl.HH. =]-~

condolences Benji, hope the damage isn't beyond repair. I can't grow indoors during spring/summer for that very reason, unless I had 3 air cons running flat out all the time as my place heats up like an oven and doesn't cool down till 5 in the morning... then the cycle continues. I would expect this in summer but this early in spring...nah ah, something's wrong. Anyone who doesn't think global warming is real is kidding themselves. This kind of weather, no rainfall for years, rivers drying up. We're not in a record drought, we're just tasting the start of things to come.

eexpee

Anyone who doesn't think global warming is real is kidding themselves. This kind of weather, no rainfall for years, rivers drying up. We're not in a record drought, we're just tasting the start of things to come.
The earth is voting off the most damaging species :p

Lucky I put out Mandala's strains this year. Heat resistant. All that i'm seeing is a bit of slow growth, but they will recover. I hope you guys don't run into to much trouble this year.

:joint:

hairydog0069

bout time the good weather came i reckn. od are pumpin. if i can keep the water up could end up with sum trees. white russians ar thriving :woohoo:

shroomyshroom

Veteran
went to bunnings today and they had 2 x 4kg blocks of coco for $16.00 which in-turn makes 160ltres i think it said.... cant remember exact amounts i was pretty baked bahahaha

hairydog0069

dont u have troubles with the coco drying out to quick ? i used it but mixed it in with sum yates professional potting mix , composted cow manure, with sugar cane mulch ova the top. all from bunnings

shroomyshroom

Veteran
dont u have troubles with the coco drying out to quick ? i used it but mixed it in with sum yates professional potting mix , composted cow manure, with sugar cane mulch ova the top. all from bunnings

nah........ I find with water trays underneath the pots they can go 7 days b4 they need a much needed top up... with out it your looking at 4 - 5 days max.... and then they start to die faster than fish out of water... no pun intended...

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
i find it dont dry out quick enough...im used to straight perlite watering up too 4 times a day...only using around 500ml size pots now under a 400hps and they are taking a week b4 drying out.HH. =]-~

hairydog0069

ah rito. wish i had the chance 2 water mine that much. dug mine staight into the dirt and av to rely on water crystals or good rain. the joys of gurilla grown.

shroomyshroom

Veteran
ah rito. wish i had the chance 2 water mine that much. dug mine staight into the dirt and av to rely on water crystals or good rain. the joys of gurilla grown.

have you looked into automatic watering systems... quite a few tuts on here...

you should not just rely on rain water for guerrillagrowing that is just silly... should get in an water em at least once a month

Latest posts

Latest posts