What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best place to buy CalMag online in the USA?

woolybear

Veteran
I'm running low on CalMag, and the local place I bought it from closed. I'm in the northern part of the USA.

No doubt I could find it somewhere else locally, but it'd probably be a 60 minute drive in crappy weather.

Anybody have any favorite online calmag vendors? I'd rather not use Amazon.

Thanks ICMAG

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
amazon is where we shop- place the order today, tomm (or the next day), its at the front door- what could be easier???

woolybear

Veteran
Did some research. On amazon, Bloom City Professional Grade Ultra Pure Cal-Mag 1 gallon is $40.

On the manufacturer's website, https://www.bloom.city/, that same gallon is $35, plus free shipping, and 20% off via coupon code BLOOM20, $28 pretax.

TrainingHay

20231227_102324.jpg

one can also buy magnesium nitrate and calcium nitrate in "pure" form
1703961629685.png

it's cheap and allow to mix your own Ca/Mg ratios with a quick calculation
calcium nitrate 6 euro per kilo where I am
and magnesium nitrate hexahydrate, 10 euros

OleReynard

I'm running low on CalMag, and the local place I bought it from closed. I'm in the northern part of the USA.

No doubt I could find it somewhere else locally, but it'd probably be a 60 minute drive in crappy weather.

Anybody have any favorite online calmag vendors? I'd rather not use Amazon.

Thanks ICMAG
Amazon Pure Blend CalMag plus

Old Uncle Ben

Did some research. On amazon, Bloom City Professional Grade Ultra Pure Cal-Mag 1 gallon is $40.

On the manufacturer's website, https://www.bloom.city/, that same gallon is $35, plus free shipping, and 20% off via coupon code BLOOM20, $28 pretax.
What a rip. Why do you think you need Cal Mag in the first place?

"Ultra Pure", ya gotta laugh at this industry.

woolybear

Veteran
@Old Uncle Ben I use coco as a growing medium. Are you saying I don't need to supplement calcium and magnesium?

I didn't really notice the 'ultra pure' as I go by cost. I don't really get riled up by marketing fluff, but I guess that makes you Old Uncle Ben? I try to avoid the 'everything is shit' mentality

Anywhose my plants with textbook calmag def are really curious as to 'Why do you think you need Cal Mag in the first place?'